SP Musket Era [WB] For King or For Parliament

Users who are viewing this thread

poomtang

Knight at Arms
For King or For Parliament
A M&B Warband English civil war modification

TcoNrKO.png

Introduction

The year is 1642 and England is in a state of Civil war. Further negotiations by frequent correspondence between the King and Parliament through to early summer proved fruitless. Cities, Towns and Villages alike declare their allegiance to different sides with some supporting Parliament and some supporting The King. Throughout the summer months, tensions rose and there was brawling in a number of places, with the first death from the conflict taking place in Manchester, both sides prepare their forces for war.

At the outset of the conflict, much of the country remained neutral, though the Royal Navy and most English cities favoured Parliament, while the King found considerable support in rural communities. As the kings Cavalry reconnaissance units meet with Parliamentarian Cavalry reconnaissance units the first major skirmishes of the War began. What side will you take?

Release Date:
TBA

Factions
Royalists
Parliamentarians
Irish Confederates
Scottish Covenanters

Features
. A vast range of troops including: Pikemen, dragoons, Musketeers etc.
. Historically accurate weapons from the 17th century.
. Historically accurate Uniforms, armour and formations.
. Accurate map of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
. Accurate Town, City and Village placements.
. Accurate Military leaders.
. Reworked Castles and Towns.
. New scenes, factions and historical characters in custom battles.
. 17th century music (hopefully)
. New battle scenes.
. New siege scenes.
. New character dialog.
. New economy system.

Development team (Recruiting)

Poomtang -  team leader, 3D art models, Scener, coding
Rofl50 -  historical consultant, GFX Provider, Scener, scripter

Screenshots
20-05-201316-33-21_zpsc1cc9fde.png

21-05-201309-24-25_zpse1dd51f5.png

completearmor1_zpsa2fe0c17.jpg

24-05-201311-11-51_zps452d2c4c.png

24-05-201318-35-27_zps9d4ad331.png

27-05-201317-19-12_zps9c12079c.png

28-05-201311-46-36_zps994eb358.png

Graphics

Rgn8kSm.jpg

LkKaZf1.jpg

1t1tF64.jpg

2ndSig.jpg

1stSig-1.jpg

No. Although I do sincerely wish to see an English Civil War mod come to fruition. Are you specifically going to create this for M&BII or perhaps first for Warband? You've got a long wait before the first and we cannot be sure of the game design.

Thank you Rowaan, and Leifr you are right, there may well be a long wait and right again about the format. However, Taleworlds realise that making a game easy to mod, such as this one, has its advantages, it makes it more profitable for them in terms of game longevity and sales, so I have no doubt whatsoever that it will be mod compliant. So, I'm going to take my time on this one and ready it up for Banner Lord. :grin: I'll be putting some meshes together shortly, I'll post the results here at some point

Here's away then, just messing with this Zischagg helmet, or lobster pot with face guard, we'll see what its like when I get it textured up, these were common to both sides and had many variations, just a nice plain one to start with.

Love the idea, just wondering sp wise if it would be possible to have a date when after Cromwell comes into power and starts the New Model Army that the Roundheads get a new troop tree and equipment to show for it. Also I hope it's historically accurate, as you said both sides had the lobster pot an wore similar armour. The reason for the name Roundheads was the name given to Puritan men in Parliament who had hairstyles that were of the round variety.

Basically I can't wait to shoot some traitors of the crown.

A parliamentarian myself, I'll gladly meet you in multi play and show you the way of your errors, but yup your're quite right about the haircuts being the source of the name roundhead and not the helmets, and sure we'll have the New Model Army with attendant troop tree.

Here's the basic mock up for our first Cromwellian cavalryman with the Zischagg helmet/lobster pot textured up, still needs a lot of work but, its a start.

There'll be lots of variation on the basic lobster pot helmet, I copied the basic design off the attached photo, it still needs a little work on the visor, but basically its done.

I am no brit myself, and I have never even heared of a civil war in Britain xD

but... it seems rather intresting :razz:
I will look forward to it.

Good Luck

Thanks Dion, the English Civil War was a war against the King by the people's representatives, ie, parliament, known as the Roundheads, the King's supporters were known as the Royalists. It didn't just involve the English, it spread everywhere and involved the Scots, the Irish and the Welsh, no one was safe, while in Continental Europe you had the 30 years war we had the Civil War. it was a series of three wars in total, the first, which I'm going to concentrate on, was from 1642-1646, the whole thing was over by 1651. Anyway, the next thing I need is a decent Buff coat, which was a very thick and stiff leather coat, made to withstand sword blows, so, here's the model, I'll try and get it textured later today.

If you have a chance to go, go to Leeds armouries and/or the Imperial War Museum in London (Wouldn't hurt to look at the one in Manchester either). I have been to Leed armouries and its 4 floors of weapons, armour tactics and general warfare. I may have a few pictures I could upload if you want.

Sure, thanks, any ECW stuff you have would be useful, especially Buff Coat details, just starting work on that right now and it needs bags more detail.

Buf coat finished, near enough, I'll refine it later, going to move on to the cuirass next. The attached picture is of a nice buff coat and cuirrass, its way over the top but shows how things will look when I'm finished.

Poom, can I make a suggestion? Why don't you do this for Warband? You could probably grab a Britain, Scotland, Ireland map pretty easy (Brytenwalda?) and probably have a decent working mod within a few months with relatively little coding involved (you can grab the cannon code from our mod and probably use some of the scenes as well). Waiting for Bannerlord and starting work on something for that seems a bit dicey. Bannerlord will use a different engine (per the developers) and may have entirely different graphics and coding requirements that you cannot yet even foresee. I think this would be a nifty mod for Warband and a needed one.

Wow Tom that's one hell of an offer, I think your quite right, I'm just trying to push this model out of the door right now so i can have a play test with it, I'm off work for a few days, so I want it finished before I go back. I'm afraid I'm going to have to snap your hands off buddy, thanks.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom