SP Fantasy [WB] Age of Magic (open for testing)

What should be my focus to work on next?

• making the player kingdom troops feature work perfectly

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • learning to model, then finally finishing the magic feature

• finding new OSP items

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • getting roaming mercenaries to work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • making more of the story

• allowing bandits to take castles

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • finishing some random stuff with the new factions (having ladies as well as lords, etc.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEATH TO KERGITS said:
cwr said:
Poll results: A download for the mod will be posted sometime during the weekend. Please report any bugs you encounter.

Why can't you post the download link now?
So I can test some stuff on the new faction first thats why.

Progress report on the mod: Started work on getting a legit bandit faction, mod will release for testing this weekend. I know about some bugs, but I would also like to see other people's results when testing. :grin:
The bandit faction will most likely not be complete when the mod releases for testing, but we can hope.  :smile:

smothdude joined the mod team! We now have a scener! :grin:

(don't expect new scenes when the the mod comes out for testing this weekend)

But yeah, we have a scener!!! :grin:

Yes- the mod will release later today or tomorrow morning.
I still have to try to fix something with the new faction.

Whether or not I succeed at fixing it, the mod will release for testing later today or tomorrow morning.

Would you make magic that has the power to take small trees from the ground and throw the trees at the enemies? Yeah it is quite ambitious

FinnishKnight said:
Would you make magic that has the power to take small trees from the ground and throw the trees at the enemies? Yeah it is quite ambitious
I'm glad you think I'm that good of a modder. :grin:
I just started like 2 months ago so no I'm not good... :???:

Thats a great idea, though! :grin:

Magic is currently just a throwing weapon that does 90 damage- sorry for the disappointment...

Just wait a few more hours... :grin:
cwr said:
A download for the mod will be posted

Figuring out how to upload a file on moddb as I type this. It says its uploading but its taking a long time...

According to your features completed spoiler, all you've done is add a bandit troop tree? I don't really feel that it's worth my time to download that.

Nebulaoblivion said:
According to your features completed spoiler, all you've done is add a bandit troop tree? I don't really feel that it's worth my time to download that.

I also have a new faction. It is not in the features completed spoiler because I haven't got Thorgrim's map editor to work yet. It is currently northeast of the vaegirs but I want to put it on a (currently nonexistant) island.

The bandit faction is complete, but not in the way I would like it to be- but it is implemented also.

So there are things that are complete other than the bandit troop tree, its just that the bandit troop tree is (hopefully) in its final, finished form, while the other features are not.

Also, I apologize to all who have downloaded right when I uploaded it to moddb- I tested it shortly after and found something screwed up for the bandits, switching them to the neutral faction. I am uploading a fixed version right now.
Sorry!

Edit: I uploaded the fixed version. Sorry for the confusion!

DEATH TO KERGITS said:
The scene for Vasu is broken.

I know that, and I'm trying to fix it.

Maybe once smothdude finishes a surprise amazing scene which I won't share much about at the moment :wink:, he will make a new scene for Vasu. :grin:

For those of you who don't know, Vasu is the new faction's city, and yes it is implemented, its just not in final form. :grin:

cwr said:
I know that, and I'm trying to fix it.

Maybe once smothdude finishes a surprise amazing scene which I won't share much about at the moment :wink:, he will make a new scene for Vasu. :grin:

For those of you who don't know, Vasu is the new faction's city, and yes it is implemented, its just not in final form. :grin:

Surprise awesome scene? Please elaborate.

DEATH TO KERGITS said:
Surprise awesome scene? Please elaborate.
:lol: Would someone elaborate on a surprise?

If you're a modeler and you join the mod team I'll tell you. :wink: We need a modeler.

What kind of magic???
hu6b.jpg

fhghmjhao said:
What kind of magic???
Magic throwing weapons. If you would look on the first page of this thread you could see that. :lol:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
What kind of magic???
cwr said:
Magic throwing weapons.

But yeah, magic throwing weapons. They are implemented, but do not have a 3d model yet. You will see magic in the hands of Forest Mages and Varinian Magicians.

Thank you cwr for sticking up for me at my forum If you need any help with scenery you know who to call (And its not Ghost busters)
Edit: i am trying out your mod very nice i Know how to Model on Inventor but i dont know if i can use that for warband...

Cheweymeister said:
Thank you cwr for sticking up for me at my forum If you need any help with scenery you know who to call (And its not Ghost busters)
Edit: i am trying out your mod very nice i Know how to Model on Inventor but i dont know if i can use that for warband...

Hey man thats great that you want to help! :grin:

I have recruited someone to be a scener, but he's not that experianced yet, so maybe you could help with that. :smile:

The most urgent thing for modeling is a model for the magic, because it is currently using the throwing stone model.

I'll pm you more of what I need. :grin:

Due to my stupidity, I have screwed up the code, and need to start over with module dialogs. It is a setback, but development will continue.

The newest not screwed up version is being uploaded to moddb, and will be the one to use for quite some time. I will make another post when it gets authorized and is ready to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom