Víkingr: Shieldwall Event (CLOSED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guise. What, is that Kindergarten here? You will and have to listen to the host leaders in an shieldbattle event otherwise you deserve a kick. You have to read the rules and to act how they are suggesting/demanding otherwise you deserve a kick. If you act further immature like this noone can take you serious enough to give you more chances and in the end there is a tool - called BAN.(brata123 ol´chap, did you realize that you are messing around with one of the hardest and most strict VíkingrAdmins?)

brata123 said:
Host/Clan/Group (If Applicable):
10rg CZSK regiment
We will have this banner:
banner-1.png

Numbers/attendees: 8-10

Ppl who will come:
Setar
brata
maybe(diamonjohn)
necro
samči
patriotis
Ajaxtotomas
maybe (vany)
dominik
Johny SLovak
Wojtik
Skypéé

We are on vikingr event first time. We will respect rules of event. We would preffer to have own Teamspeak channel becaose we are cechoslovakianregiment, and we dont preffer to be under enlisgh speaking player command.

THanks
Steam name:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041788172/ my steam name

Agreement to Rules:
I have read and agree with the rules and the rectifications and claim responsibility for mine and their actions both in and out of the event.

Additional Comments:
We will have vikingr themed names for event if nessecary...
-->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Da poop is happening here?!?!?! Some unknown lad is taking Fir Aaraig banner?!?!? You will get yer ass spanked when Celtic come here >:{D

And Nyah, that was exactly my reaction when I saw that post. ^_^

brata123 said:
Maybe we will come, becaose we dont have any NW event on sunday  :neutral: . And you can do nothing about that

Actually he can, but I must thank you, brata123, for showing the whole forum that lunacy is not a chosen virtue. Some people are apparantly born with this trait. Yes, I mean you.

Shieldwall Event

When?:Sunday 1/9/13 & 6.30pm BST
Where?: Shieldwall_Event_Server
TeamSpeak IP?: 176.9.103.48:9986 * make sure to use the Port when joining
Itinerary: Itinerary for events
Game Mode: Meat Grinder

Mod Version

Itinerary

This is the proposed itinerary for this Sunday's event:

6.30pm GMT - Participants should be on the TeamSpeak in the Team 1 channel under the Hildileikr spacer, though are encouraged to be on much earlier than this.

6.45pm-6.55 GMT - Participants will be given the password of the server and told to join the TeamSpeak channel and Team they wish to play as.

6.55-7.00pm GMT - Balancing will be looked at and changed if needed. People will be asked or forcebly moved to the weaker side, Clans/Groups who have Team-stacked will be picked on first, and within that Clan or Group recognizable persons will be asked.

7.00-7.10pm GMT - Rules will be quickly reminded to the participants and any questions about Classes and who is to play certain Classes etc will be done and answered and the Event will start. Three rounds will be played then a 10 minutes break will be had then another 3 rounds, depending on time and pace of the Event this will be subject to change. If participants are not back in time for the resuming of the Event, tough.

This ofcourse comes with some degree of grace-time allowed, but we aim to keep to this schedule as much as possible.​

I know it's a minor issue, which for some reason didn't have any impact on any of the past events, nevertheless I'll mention it again: Could you please get the timezones right since GMT =/= BST and the last events all (at least during daylight-saving time) started at 18:30 BST (GMT+1).

Now that you've mentioned it, it is somewhat of a miracle that European players have made it on time previously. I think we just take it for granted in the UK that 6:30 is always 6:30 irregardless of GMT or BST. Europeans, why can't you just work off our ol' Colonial Clocks?  :razz:

We make it on time because we have as much of a tenuous grasp of time zones as you, so we see "GMT" and automatically think "Right, that's British time, just add one hour". :lol:

Click

But, remember to be on the TeamSpeak 30 minutes before this. A bit of effort and research needs to be done participants too.

It's not that people can't look up and convert times, the problem is that the times you're listing are BST, not GMT, but they're still marked as GMT. There's a one-hour difference between the two.

Please for the love of God, folks, don't just look at this thread and go "Oh! Hey, Víkingr event's on! *Closes Browser*". Help promote the Event (and ultimately the mod) and spread the word amongst your gaming buddies and other communities alike!

Shieldwall Event

When?:Sunday 1/9/13 & 6.30pm BST
Where?: Shieldwall_Event_Server
TeamSpeak IP?: 176.9.103.48:9986 * make sure to use the Port when joining
Itinerary: Itinerary for events
Game Mode: Meat Grinder

Mod Version

Itinerary

This is the proposed itinerary for this Sunday's event:

6.30pm BST - Participants should be on the TeamSpeak in the Team 1 channel under the Hildileikr spacer, though are encouraged to be on much earlier than this.

6.45pm-6.55 BST - Participants will be given the password of the server and told to join the TeamSpeak channel and Team they wish to play as.

6.55-7.00pm BST - Balancing will be looked at and changed if needed. People will be asked or forcebly moved to the weaker side, Clans/Groups who have Team-stacked will be picked on first, and within that Clan or Group recognizable persons will be asked.

7.00-7.10pm BST - Rules will be quickly reminded to the participants and any questions about Classes and who is to play certain Classes etc will be done and answered and the Event will start. Three rounds will be played then a 10 minutes break will be had then another 3 rounds, depending on time and pace of the Event this will be subject to change. If participants are not back in time for the resuming of the Event, tough.

This ofcourse comes with some degree of grace-time allowed, but we aim to keep to this schedule as much as possible.​

*Posted again since it was bumped away fairly quickly - changed GMT to BST.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Of course.
Read the OP Edmund. This event is a monthly occurrence, open to all members of the Víkingr community. Please, read the OP and make sure you understand what happens.  :smile:
Thank you will do that!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom