Víkingr: Shieldwall Event (CLOSED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kpetschulat said:
Celtichugs said:
kpetschulat said:
Name: Bjornolfr_Ragnarrson (kpetschulat | Steam)
Host/Clan/Group: The Sons of Ragnarr
Faction: Norðmenn
Agreement to Rules: You bet your ass we can comply with those suckers. For Ragnarr!

I need names please before I can sign you up. Also, Shieldwall Event doesn't start untill the 2nd of June (two weeks from this Sunday).

Then specify it, please.

Accepted!
You have been placed in the Norðmenn faction!

The date is specified in three (3) different posts on this Forum alone. If you mean numbers and names; that's obvious. This is Víkingr, not NW :smile:

Shieldwall Event

Participation

Participation could not be easier! You need to simply be present on time! You are expected to be on the Event's TeamSpeak: 176.9.103.48:9986 by 6.30pm GMT at the latest, please come earlier as this would make life for Admins easier, but will also ensure you can take part and not miss out on a space!

When you join the TeamSpeak you must join the Team 1 channel under the Hrafnabjóðr spacer. The Víkingr Shieldwall Event channels will be locked and then unlocked at around 6.45pm GMT and people will be asked to join the channel of the faction they wish to play, either Engle or Norðmenn. After this balancing will commence, looking at the numbers of players in each channel we will decide if balancing is needed. If not the channels will be locked and the server password will be handed out.

If you are late and wish to take part poke or contact an Admin and they will decide if you can participate and which team. If the password for channels and Server is handed out by anyone other than an Admin then the player and the "pass-giver" will be banned and their participation of future Events will  be questioned. However, at roughly half-way through the Event we will take a short break for late comers to enter.

Just an update for The Sons of Ragnarr. We recently received the fellowship of a new kinsman, Diarf_Ragnarsson. So, we will now have 8 in our clan. Thanks, and am very looking forward to this event.

Edit: Another has joined our clan, Ansgar_Ragnarsson. We now have 9 to bring.

Shieldwall Event

Itinerary

This is the proposed itinerary for this Sunday's event:

6.30pm GMT - Participants should be on the TeamSpeak in the Event Waiting Room channel under the Víkingr Shieldwall Event spacer, though are encouraged to be on much earlier than this.

6.45pm-6.55 GMT - Participants will be given the password of the server and told to join the TeamSpeak channel and Team they wish to play as.

6.55-7.00pm GMT - Balancing will be looked at and changed if needed. People will be asked or forcebly moved to the weaker side, Clans/Groups who have Team-stacked will be picked on first, and within that Clan or Group recognizable persons will be asked.

7.00-7.10pm GMT - Rules will be quickly reminded to the participants and any questions about Classes and who is to play certain Classes etc will be done and answered and the Event will start. Three rounds will be played then a 10 minutes break will be had then another 3 rounds, depending on time and pace of the Event this will be subject to change. If participants are not back in time for the resuming of the Event, tough.

This ofcourse comes with some degree of grace-time allowed, but we aim to keep to this schedule as much as possible.​

Vyatichi

d3548f1e5762.jpg

number of members: 5-10

Should clans work out by themselves who goes to which faction, or do you prefer to do it yourselves to make sure things are balanced?

Do it yourselves. But wait to be asked. If not, we'll ask certain members of a clan to switch. For example; from Fyrninga we'd ask well known and recognizable members of the community knowing they would much more willing to change over than say a pubber who has only played Víkingr once. But, we'll see.

Personally, I'd rather just say: "Balance the teams." and people, clanies and none-clanies would just get it done on their own initiative not waiting for the Admins to do move their lazy asses.

as a rule, the declared number of people different from the other, that's why I do not have the side for which our clan would like to play. but it also happened that people were more than slots on the server itself, and so I felt it necessary to write here. Of course everything will become more clear in an hour before the event. Of course, the rules I have read and agree with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom