Bolvark

Veteran
liniepng.png

chasayuloinpng.png

liniepng.png

bolvark.jpg

cotojestchasapng.png
(What is Chasa?)​

Chasa was a group of Slavic sea robbers, who fought in a way similar to Scandinavian Vikings. Chasniks (chasnicy – that is  how Slavic people called men who fought in Chasas) lived in biggest Sea trade centers and ports of western Pomerania and lands of Obotrites and Veleti tribes. Slavic chasnics were great sailors and fighters. Even brave Vikings tried to avoid their coasts and lands until half of XIth century. Later in response to every raid Chasas were plundering Danish islands and Scania.

Yuloin is Xth century name of the city which we currently know as Wolin. It is  located in western Pomerania, and around the middle of Xth and XIth century, before raid of Magnus I city had around 9000 citizens and controlled the whole island of Wolin.

liniepng.png

naszproporzecpng.png
(Our banner)​

104.jpg

Our banner, defender and inspiration is Rarog, demonic ghost of fire, showing himself as falcon or hawk. It is an incarnation of Swarog, god of sky, sun, fire and war.​

liniepng.png

historiapng.png
(History)​

According to legends first fights between Slavic Chasa and Danes took place in VIth century. When Wizymir grandson of Lech takes from Danes many islands, among them powerful Rugen, Funen and Als. His next success is conquering Jutland and Scania. Danish ruler Siward  gives homage to Wizymir and undertakes to pay tribute. Siwards son Jarmerik is sent to Wizymir court as a guaranty . After Siwards death his son becomes ruler and stops paying tribute, Wizymir again invades Denmark plundering the country. His prisoners he places at the mouth of river Vistula and that is how  Danish settlement Densk which is now known as Gdańsk has been built. After Wizymirs death his country falls apart and only prince Krak (founder of Krakow) is able to unite the tribes again in circa 700 year.

wierzeniaslowian.png

Around X century the land of Piasts grows powerful and is expanding towards the Baltic sea, after the loss of Wolinians and Veletis lead by Saxon graf Wichmann against Mieszko I in year 967 Pomerania goes under Polans prince rule. In year 970 Danish king Harald Bluetooth reached an agreement with Wolinians and established new stronghold of Jomsborg. Palnatoki becomes First Jarl of Jomsborg and builds a port for 300 ships. In year 985 takes place the battle at river Fyris in Sweden, where Norwegian king Erik is supported by Polan warriors from numerous procession of Sygryda Storrada, or Swietoslawa (Mieszko’s I daughter). Polan warriors are cutting off Danish reinforcements moving to help Jarl Strybjorn Starki. Also in this year Polans capture depopulated Jomsborg to indispose return for Jomsvikings.

chnicysowianie.jpg

First Jarl of Jomsborg who favors the Piasts becomes Olaf Tryggvason. In year 995 Tryggvason leading his own fleet supported by Jomsvikings invades Norway, expels his sons and announces himself a king. His engagement and later conflict with Swiatoslawa makes him go with his fleet to war on Slavic shores. At the height of Rugen island the fleets of Denmark, Sweden and Slavic Chasas are awaiting him. At the day of 9th September year 1000, fleet of Slavs and Wolinians participate in the biggest Viking battle of Svolder, which ends with defeat of Norwegian fleet and death of king Olaf. In year 1043 takes place the expedition of Slavs and Jomsvikings to Denmark, and raiding Hedeby and Arhus, retaliatory expedition of King Magnus I destroys Jomsborg and Wolin, which is quickly rebuilt, and in year 1069 fleet of Slavs and survived Jomsvikings participate in victorious expedition on England.

The history of great Slavic Chasas ends with conquering of polabian Slavs tribes and Rugen island by Danish King Valdemar I in year 1160, and fail of recapturing it by Pomeranian prince Bogislaw I Griffin in year 1184 and his homage given to Denmark in year 1185.

Source - Sławomir Zacięty : Słowiańska Chąsa

liniepng.png

czonkowiepng.png
(Our Warriors)​

Wódz Radymir Chąsa Yuloin

Borys Chąsa Yuloin
Wojnar Chąsa Yuloin
Racibor Chąsa Yuloin
Zygfryd Chąsa Yuloin
Przybyrad Chąsa Yuloin
Gromek Chąsa Yuloin
Sulimir Chąsa Yuloin
Unik Chąsa Yuloin
Rasz Chąsa Yuloin
Poźrymir Chąsa Yuloin
Twardzisław Chąsa Yuloin
Wszesuł Chąsa Yuloin
Mścisław Chąsa Yuloin
Masław Chąsa Yuloin
Kochan Chąsa Yuloin
Niemysł Chąsa Yuloin
Boguchwał Chąsa Yuloin
Nasko Chąsa Yuloin
Chleb Chąsa Yuloin
Bogusław Chąsa Yuloin
Pakosław Chąsa Yuloin
Stamir Chąsa Yuloin
Trzebuch Chąsa Yuloin
Mścigniew Chąsa Yuloin
Brzetysław Chąsa Yuloin
Swarosława Chąsa Yuloin

liniepng.png

kontaktox.png
(Contact)​

Ts: 178.19.110.162​
Steam: Bolvark​

liniepng.png

Credits:
Banner - GRH Wotczina Rarog

Ah! So it is official... We noted a few of your fighting-men on the server last night. Beautiful thread and a great introduction. Are you all Poles or perhaps a mixed-bag?

Welcome.  :smile:

Great thanks :grin:, and yes we are all Poles. We hope this modification will bring us even more fun in the future  :grin:.

Thank you, I hope soon You all will feel confident standing in shieldwall with men from Yuloin  :grin:.

This is a surprise to me, a good one. Some of the glorification can surely be disputed but all in all I applaud you - finally a proper Wendic clan! Velkominn!

Well Dansk Viking history from VI to X century for eastern europe are mainly legends, so of course you could dispute about those times, names and people, historians are arguing about them for years, but they will never really know how it really was. And im happy you are positively suprised  :grin: Velkominn and Slava ! and Celtichugs thank you as well.

I thought you had forgotten about this. Nice to see you hadn't!

Pity there's no Wendish faction for you guys. Which faction are you going to choose, Rus? Or Norðmenn? I suppose both would make sense.

Anyway, good luck!

Hrotha how could I forget  :grin:, its true it took some time but it was worth it, and about the factions, both are good, but looking at way of fighting, tactics and close connections with Scandinavians we will choose Norðmenn.

Welcome to you friends.

I wonder where you sprouted from? Are you long time players or from another mod? Never mind I welcome all worthy warriors. I know desendants from Rugen so more lore to my vivid imagination.

cheers Hengie

Thanks for welcoming Hengwulf. I dont know if we are long time players, we are 4pp clan for quite long (2,5 year), firstly on M&M now on NW. We knew about Vikingr, and we played it sometimes, but never participated in any event, when we heard about Brunanburh we decided its about time to form a clan, but gathering resources, choosing who we want to be, and historical research took some time, but as you see we made it  :grin:.

Welcome Chasa Yuloin and the best of luck with your clan! Your thread looks mighty good, thumbs up for that. Is your clan represented in The Deluge as well, if I might ask?

Great thanks  :grin:, and yes we have "Chorągiew Wolentarska" best polish clan on Deluge, and we run with ChW tags.

Thanks rapier17, and im sure Lucky Dogs fighting skills are remarkable, I hope one day we will try ourselves :wink:.

Our friend Lancer (in Vikingr known as Wszesuł) made for us a banner, standard and Shield textures.

Standard
banner1dq.jpg
banner2wk.jpg

small shield
tarczamaa1.jpg
tarczamaa2.jpg

medium shield
tarczarednia.jpg

big shield
tarczadua.jpg

What do you guys think ? Are they ok and will they fit ?

Back
Top Bottom