Question about the mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UltimateCommander97 said:
Greetings, I saw the mod and If I may ask? on what religion is based the mod? I'm quite curios about this.
Nought will likely give you a more rounded answer if he gets the opportunity, but until then: Nought favors Greek mythology for his high level deity lore and develops a lot of his character stories and themes from the scifi and horror of the late 19th and early 20th century (things like Poe and Lovecraft).  This is a unique blend that strays from the more typical zoroastrian view of simple good vs bad.  Nought's overall theme for this mod is quite original and is one of the biggest selling points for S&S.
Edit: Not that it is being sold...

Broken said:
Greetings, I saw the mod and If I may ask? on what religion is based the mod? I'm quite curios about this.
Nought will likely give you a more rounded answer if he gets the opportunity, but until then: Nought favors Greek mythology for his high level deity lore and develops a lot of his character stories and themes from the scifi and horror of the late 19th and early 20th century (things like Poe and Lovecraft).  This is a unique blend that strays from the more typical zoroastrian view of simple good vs bad.  Nought's overall theme for this mod is quite original and is one of the biggest selling points for S&S.
Edit: Not that it is being sold...

I see he is more inclined to occultism, something related to it like satanism etc.

Lovecraft? Don't see any reference, about Poe, yes I agree.

Revenants, Necronomicon and such names are derived from Lovecraft.  I don't recognize any satanic references.  One might argue the inverted pentagrams are satanic, but that is more of a mis-association.

Mostly Greek mythology and references to the occult - including, but not limited to necromancy, witchcraft, fairy folklore, common folklore, etc.

Satan is a part of christian theology, and therefore has nothing to do with this mod - except possibly certain christian references in Poe's works, also a part of the mod.

N0ught said:

Mostly Greek mythology and references to the occult - including, but not limited to necromancy, witchcraft, fairy folklore, common folklore, etc.

Satan is a part of christian theology, and therefore has nothing to do with this mod - except possibly certain christian references in Poe's works, also a part of the mod.

Thanks for the answer, I'm really interested by the choice of the theme for the mod.

Occultism ain't a religion as far I can tell, well, if you fancy spiritual communications my religion that is Kardecist "Spiritism" often have works that requires many spiritual energy. I like occultism, but seriously, this is very dangerous practice, one day I was mad angry at something very futile, and I went to friend's house, and she had this friend, an "Medium" a very good one I think, cuz' he knew how to "Manipulate" fire essences, although I'm not a very good spiritualist because I'm out of pratice for years, my entire family is Spiritualist and we've been out of practice. But I did what I could to place seals on the room we we're using, he got some kind of chalk and start drawing an ouija, necromancy symbols, I swear... for I moment I felt a ice cold touch my back spine, I started shacking my hands, but that's common for me I have a problem, but I never imagined the Spiritual World could direcly involve in the Material World, these dimensions are quite linked together. I don't know what spirit was at the room, but the Medium felt it's bad influence, me and my friend too, she got shocked, kinda paralyzed, I don't know if it was the one I was carrying because I was angry and  I've drawn him, or the one that was at my friend's house "Dark Room", I feel bad now for writing this, but take this as an warning, do not play with this kind of thing, do not play with occultism or spiritism unless you are sure you want an effect on something, and strangely, after we finished, I felt happy, I didn't feel angry or mad.. I was.. peaceful, serene. There are indeed many things we don't see and don't know about the world, pains to know we're so human and destroy almost any life without remorse, like killing ants, I do every day butcher 1 or 30, or more, do I consider things like life or soul while doing it? well.. I was just going to tell Occultism is not a religion, but I think I got carried away, please be discreet I'm not doing this to piss off anyone..

Sincerely,

-DG.

You are very confused my friend. I have personal experience in this field, well beyond "playing". Let not your fear hunt you, or it will hunt you to the ends of the earth.

Now I think I will lock this topic before it becomes an esoteric discussion. This forum is about a dark fantasy game, regardless of its roots. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom