The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RapidJuice said:
Or we could just not add in gas masks. Seems pointless to me other than a reason for edgy kids to put on gas-masks. I don't think we should force a player to remove their (possibly signature or rare) headgear just for a gameplay mechanic which is unnecessary. I'm fairly sure Grandmaster wouldn't even want to bother coding this, it seems a bit too much for a post-virus apocalypse without any radiation or chemicals  dotted around.
Oh come on in every apocalypse setting there needs to be Gas masks :wink: however i agree that sounds like pointless mechanics that while cool in thought, like you said force everyone to wear gasmasks when they either have a better option or different taste. They should just be purely aesthetic for us "edgy kids" :smile:

But i am curious about something that has not been touched on is how recruitment is going to work once we have our own "kingdoms". Will it just be whatever lands i have will just spawn that type of recruit like vanilla, or will it be like star wars conquest where i can just set a faction culture so if i wanted Aryan Brotherhood recruits i could make all my towns spawn Aryan Brotherhood survivors? OR will it be like the Peloponesian war mod where you have some kind of advisor and he can recruit up to a certain number of men from you from whatever faction you want.

If you have not thought about it much or have a completely different system i would be interested to hear because it is a minor mechanic but it does change gameplay style a bit :smile:

Recruitment has already been answered, supplies found at points of interest are traded for recruits I believe was said

Rokker said:
Recruitment has already been answered, supplies found at points of interest are traded for recruits I believe was said
Oh so its like a brand new system alright thank you then :smile:

Ugh, we don't need a Deryl fangasm.

Maybe make one for the Hillbillies and the Nazis, I mean I can't kill Nazis unless they at least can defend themselves.

Also, I have an idea for another faction that could be added in a later released, how about a Communist group? I mean we have Nazis, Confederates and Capitalists (US Army), maybe throwing in a group called "People's Republic of New America" would be nice. You could style them off of late World War II Soviet soldiers, and give them things like Mosin-Nagats and PPSh sub machineguns. Also some lower quality western weapons would be nice also, I think you could find all of this in OSP.

Just an idea though, in the end it's your call.

ClearlyInvisible said:

Maybe make one for the Hillbillies and the Nazis, I mean I can't kill Nazis unless they at least can defend themselves.

Also, I have an idea for another faction that could be added in a later released, how about a Communist group? I mean we have Nazis, Confederates and Capitalists (US Army), maybe throwing in a group called "People's Republic of New America" would be nice. You could style them off of late World War II Soviet soldiers, and give them things like Mosin-Nagats and PPSh sub machineguns. Also some lower quality western weapons would be nice also, I think you could find all of this in OSP.

1. It's Daryl not Deryl
2. I don't see the problem of having some good modern crossbows
3. I just asked for some crossbows not to put the entire cast of the walking dead in the game
4. And your idea with the communists is so bad in so many ways

cristy80 said:
His suggestion is as valid as yours, darling. That either both of them are implemented or not it's up to LaGrandmaster.

Pjoft said:
cristy80 said:
His suggestion is as valid as yours, darling. That either both of them are implemented or not it's up to LaGrandmaster.
i know actually is a good idea but i needed a fourth point and that's the first thought i had

ClearlyInvisible said:

i like that idea but honestly the idea of them using mosin's and ppsh's as a majority of the weapons is kinda silly :smile:

cristy80 said:
ClearlyInvisible said:

1. It's Daryl not Deryl
3. I just asked for some crossbows not to put the entire cast of the walking dead in the game
1 - okay whatever
2 - Neither do I, to be perfectly honest. I mean, the tech is already there, I mean, native crossbows are already in. It would seem like a waste of good source not to.
3 - okay whatever
4 - not really, I'd love to kill some Guevara-sucking liberal college student idiot masses who mark up "the bourgeoisie" as "the kids who bullied me in school"

Docm30 said:
I'd rather a bow than a crossbow. I want to be like Katniss.
Yeah sure whatever. What I think would be a bad idea is to try to shape this game around your fantasies.
But yeah, sure. There will probably be a bow in the game, it's not going to look edgy and cool for you, though.
In a world of full automatic firearms in a game where you can't really be agile enough to dodge bullets, or the fact we're mostly fighting in fields or wastes - I don't think you'll be happy with the amount of bullets you'll take. If you can only imagine trying you charge up one bow shot, you would have taken thirty bullets from enemy soldiers by the time you line up the shot.

RapidJuice said:
If you can only imagine trying you charge up one bow shot, you would have taken thirty bullets from enemy soldiers by the time you line up the shot.
Which renders crossbows just as useless, if not even more.

Besides, given the limited amount of item types supported by the engine, the bows and crossbows could be quite easily replaced with different types of firearms for efficiency purposes.
But in any case, bows are better than crossbows.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
Katpiss Neverclean
That's actually rather offensive!
Though I do wonder if the books are any good.

Lumos said:
First is decent, second is meh, 3rd is crap.
And really I imagine the bows and crossbows being mostly practical against zombies, because they're quiet and have mostly reusable ammunition.

As an idea, maybe this mod could incorporate a troop upgrading system similar to WWII China Battlefield's, were you had to give supplies to recruits like rifles or machine guns to start them on the actual troop tree of a rifleman or a machine gunner 

cristy80 said:
ClearlyInvisible said:

1. It's Daryl not Deryl

1. That was a joke
2. I know, I agreed with you
3. I never said you did
4. To each their own

ClearlyInvisible said:
cristy80 said:
ClearlyInvisible said:

1. It's Daryl not Deryl

1. That was a joke
2. I know, I agreed with you
3. I never said you did
4. To each their own
actually your idea with the communists is cool

Hazzardevil said:
Lumos said:
First is decent, second is meh, 3rd is crap.
And really I imagine the bows and crossbows being mostly practical against zombies, because they're quiet and have mostly reusable ammunition.
If the noise is important in this mod,then i would definitely want a crossbow
Is the noise important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom