The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarthShroom said:
Another option after the battle could be that you have to decide what to do with any wounded/infected members of your party (as the party would become encumbered or something). Also will POI's be infested with redneck bandits and not just zombies?

Hmm I hadn't thought of this, I could I suppose, in native there are two types of village walkers - normal ones and ones for desert villages - so it would be possible.

In fact I quite like this idea - I could have some villages infested with wild dog packs (infected dogs or normal dogs), others infested with raiders and then the standard zombie infested ones. I dont know if this will be in the alpha though, it could require a fair bit of coding to work properly.

Also if anyone is interested in creating some scenes for the Points of Interest I'd appreciate it massively - making these scenes is going to take up a lot of my modding time for the near future.

If you do create a PoI scene bare in mind the following points
- there are no village walkers in this mod, the normal village walker entry points 30-40 will spawn zombie walkers instead, they act like normal villagers until they see the player and then attack him. So try to put the spawn point for the player slightly away from them to begin with. Also the village elder has been replaced with a "Local Scavenger" so try to put his spawn point slightly away from the zombies as well.
- the point of these PoI scenes is to search for resources, not like in native where you simply wander around villages for a look - PoI are more like mini missions. I have a really cool resource box which can be interacted with when the player is standing next to it, by pressing H (for Harvest) the box emptys (it begins full of fruit and grain ect, which disappears after it has been "harvested"). This box spawns at entry point 99. You should place this entry point in a slightly hidden place (although it cant be too hidden) which the player must search for.

As a reward for anyone who helps out - I have an intro cinematic which plays when anyone starts a new game - anyone who creates a scene will have there name added to the list which plays at the start. For an example see the intro I made for the veiled stars mod - there is a list of developers/contributers at the very start.

This is the intro for the veiled stars mod but it is similar to the one I have for this mod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_d7JT0XuYw&feature=youtu.be

Good thing that you reminded me, I tried continuing work on the scene, but for unknown reasons the module keeps crashing mid-editing. Oh well.

Also, the concrete_wall has a messed up collision mesh.

@Comrade Temuzu, yeah alot of the collision meshes aren't right at the moment - they are easy enough to fix though.

Anyway here is one of the first fully working Points of Interests - Welcome to the village of...

Little Hope

jr7y.jpg

7o8b.jpg

iyvn.jpg

At Dawn
6bak.jpg

h5ab.jpg

And finally this is the resource box which can be found in each Point of Interest
First two pics are before it has been used, last pic is after it has been interacted with
3i4s.jpg

86z9.jpg

hmkz.jpg

- I will change the message in the last pic ("H has been clicked")  to say something like "you have found some resources" or something which sounds better

It is up to player how he decides to get to these resources - he can sneak his way, go in all guns blazing and kill every zombie he meets on the way, or do a mixture of the two. Once he has got these resources he can take them to a town and exchange them for troops, gold or a more positive relationship with the town.

You are doing amazing work. I didn't even think this was possible on the warband engine. I've been checking this mod out for the past couple weeks. Keep it up, can't wait to get my greedy hands on the alpha.

Awesome I love it looks! Though will you have the option of bringing one or two troops or companions with you when you enter a PoI?

Nice village. I like the wooden sidewalks, they add that Old West flavor :razz:

Could you make the box to change between three or four spawnpoints everytime you enter the place? so you can't know exactly where it is once it's replenished

HoJu said:
Could you make the box to change between three or four spawnpoints everytime you enter the place? so you can't know exactly where it is once it's replenished.
Or make several, which provide little resources/food/gold/etc.?
And do you plan on making infected spawing while the player is in the scene? I'd get bored if I'd just go in, kill, and then have a nice walk on the park while heading to the boxes. Infected spawing from different directions at random times would be nice.

Also, I'm not sure if possible, but:
From time to time, PoI's could be overrun by zombies. I was thinking of using the current "X village is infested by Y Bandits", with a incredibly increased number of hostiles.

And.. brain went dry. :roll:

Lengua Muerta said:
From time to time, PoI's could be overrun by zombies. I was thinking of using the current "X village is infested by Y Bandits", with a incredibly increased number of hostiles.

I like this idea. Close quarter gunfight with a zombie herd.

nordkiller said:
Though will you have the option of bringing one or two troops or companions with you when you enter a PoI?

I also like the sound of this. But i also feel it dampens the atmosphere since your companions will generally always attack anything that moves and ruin your sneaking attempt. Although they could be used as distractions.

Also i may have a crack at a POI if i can conjure up a decent idea. I can only think scening a farm which doesn't appeal to me.

In my opinion there shouldn't be good or evil, because good and evil can be looked at from many different points of view. I'd say a system working similar to how the golden rule works or Dishonored's Chaos system which focuses more on the environment rather than the player would be better.

So many questions but I like that people are interested  :grin:  It also gives me a lot of new ideas for the mod

nordkiller said:
will you have the option of bringing one or two troops or companions with you when you enter a PoI?

I could do this, but like DarthShroom said it would completely ruin the atmosphere, sneaking would no longer be an option - I also think that it would make searching these PoI too easy, you could let your companions take on the zombies and then just run around the place searching for the resource box without facing too much hassle as all the zombies would be distracted by your companions.

HoJu said:
Could you make the box to change between three or four spawnpoints everytime you enter the place? so you can't know exactly where it is once it's replenished
I quite like this idea and it would literally take 30 seconds to code in - the only problem is the PoI scenes at the moment are designed to hold only one resource box, in that when I am placing the resource box spawn in the scene I am not just choosing a random location - I am designing the entire scene around the placement of this box. I could still add another few spawn points for the box but I feel it would take away from the way the scene is laid out.

Lengua Muerta said:
Or make several, which provide little resources/food/gold/etc.?

There will be one time resource spawns in many PoI, these do not regenerate like the normal resource boxes and can only be used once - think of them like a bonuses to the normal resource boxes.
Also as for the zombie infestation thing - this occurs naturally as it is - I have hardly had to do any extra coding to implement this. Sites can be infested with the infected (zombies), bandit/raiders and I also eventually plan on having wild dog pack infestations (both infected dogs and normal dog packs).

@Suspicious Pilgrim, I understand where your coming from, but I am keeping the options fairly clear in this mod, e.g forcing your men to go into an zombie infested village to get resources for YOU, could generally be seen as a dishonourable action. Although as you can see from the poll the good/evil option is not very popular - I am most probably going for the honourable/dishonourable traits system along with a separate line of Survivalist/Madness.

Cool Ideas, Few questions tho.

Will the zombies be traveling in mobs around the global map? Kinda like Bandits. And they'll attack you on sight. If this is how it is going to go, you should (Idk how to im not a scripter) Delete the script or whatever that makes it so bandits don't attack you if you have superior numbers.

Like this

Your party- 5 Outlaw - 10 = Attack
Your party-20 outlaw- 10 = Run

But if you eliminate that, then Zombies will attack no matter the number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, if your men get killed while fighting zombies, will their still be a unconcious script? Because if a zombie just injures you , his **** goes into you and you will turn. So will it be automatic death for your troops? (Not Companions)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Idea: Alter some words when joining a faction. Like when you offer vassalage, alter the words so it sounds more up to date? Because you aren't their vassal, your more like a party to go loot and kill for your clan.
Idea: Small change, Instead of having market place ( If their is one) Change it to something like The Black Market. Same for other things
Question/Idea: A new way kinda for troops and weapons/ armor. For example, before you join a faction, you only can get a few selection of troops including companions. Like mercs. and citizens. You can only loot and or buy from places. But when you are a vassal of a faction, you will be given rights to recruit specific troops of that faction in their territory, given arms and armors for free  by your leader and such

Idea- Have one super special troop for each faction. For example, since you have a incredibly awesome vehicle that runs, why not place a soldier of yours on the back of the vehicle and fire a gun while the driver drives where you tell him to.

Some nice ideas, I will definitely be including a couple of them  :grin:

To tell you the truth despite all my modding skills I have never created a sig (with a link) before so I am a bit clueless  :oops: 

I think if you use this it should work

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,271193.0.html]
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img33/7138/canha.png[/IMG][/url]

The only thing is that when it is clicked the image zooms in but apart from that it seems to work

Infected dogs :twisted:
These will eventually have an attack animation but that is for another day.

cdx4.jpg

nuws.jpg
x6au.jpg

vpbd.jpg

e6v8.jpg

I plan to have these occasionally spawn inside the PoI as well as the normal infected humans. You will also see infected dog packs roam the world map.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom