The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Seek n Destroy
The zombies will eventually include - tall and short male and female zombies, child zombies and the odd fat/muscle zombie (which may act as kind of like bosses).
The tall/short zombies are easy to code in (it'd take like 20 minutes max), the female and child zombies will be coded in once I have created face textures for each, and finally the fat and muscular zombies will be done much later as they need new meshes ect.
@smothdude, it'd pretty hard to say to be honest, I've only started and at the moment I'm doing this largely on my own. I plan to release an alpha alpha which will lack most of the extra coding features but will include all factions and troops set up and equipped.

La Grandmaster said:
I'd thought about this but seeing as the US has fallen i decided on - no the government doesnt exist, well not at a federal level anyway, there might be some governments operating at a state level or something. I had planned on having a kind of post apocalyptic civil war going on though, with the remnants of the us army (who are attempting to return the country to how it was before) on one side and the new confederacy (who want to establish a confederate states) on the other.

That's a pretty cool idea. I think it would be most realistic (if you can call it that) and interesting if it was just a bunch of really small "nations", representing survivor groups basically. Of course, you could have several of said pockets belonging to the U.S. army and secessionist elements, but most could just be their own thing with maybe 3-6 lords. Just m' two bits. Looking really great, too! Those screenshots are excellent.

Drivable vehicles - certain vehicles (such as pickup trucks) can carry troops on the back who will aim and fire as you drive around

That scene MUST be accompnied with some banjo tracks :razz:.

I knew that mumakil code of yours was too good for not being uesd somewhere else  :cool:. Will the vehicles need fuel to function (and must be abandoned if you run out of it)?

As already stated, this mod really needs a scavenging system. Food, ammo and everything should be scarce and very expensive to buy (and in small amounts) forcing you to depend heavily on what you can scavenge.

Nice work so far, keep on it and good luck!

HoJu said:
Drivable vehicles - certain vehicles (such as pickup trucks) can carry troops on the back who will aim and fire as you drive around

That scene MUST be accompnied with some banjo tracks :razz:.

I knew that mumakil code of yours was too good for not being uesd somewhere else  :cool:. Will the vehicles need fuel to function (and must be abandoned if you run out of it)?

As already stated, this mod really needs a scavenging system. Food, ammo and everything should be scarce and very expensive to buy (and in small amounts) forcing you to depend heavily on what you can scavenge.

Nice work so far, keep on it and good luck!
Yes! Having hardcore would be amazing <3

Wow how long you have been working on this mod its just amazing those city but make it darker like there is trash evrywhere and blood everywhere

HoJu said:

Didn't think anyone would make the connection between my mumakil and this but your spot on, it'll work a lot better in this mod as well as the vehicles are closer to the ground - which was a problem with the mumakil. I dont plan on including a fuel system though, it'd be a lot of work - I may eventually make it so that if you don't have fuel, travelling on the world map will be slower, but I'd only try and code this in once most of the other stuff is done.

A quick pic - never has anyone in M&B looked so badass
mb45.jpg
Ignore the temporary blurry wall texture on the left.

This sounds, and from the pictures, looks awesome. I like the idea of the apocalyptic setting, many others have failed it, but this looks great. Best of luck.

Swat guy with the mask looks really cool. Also, all the army guys are ripped and the traders aren't, just thought I'd point it out  :grin: I'd probably spend the first few hours of the game trying to find those trader goggles for myself, cause they're pretty sweet.

YES, although I would think the factions should be less of the large government groups and more so gangs and small bands of survivors I will be watching this closely!

Bound to be good.

If I might add I think it would be much better to have primarily low level weaponry throughout the troops, more so ****ty melee weapons and pistols as opposed to anything else.

Edit 2:

Those two large factions I would hope would not have an incredible military either, perhaps max tier troops with rifles and other weapons of military grade but not a well-oiled military.

All just suggestions.

Are you planning on some kind of weapon or ambient effect that makes the gas masks useful? Like contaminated areas, tear gas... don't know if posible at all and for sure it'd be a hell to code, but it would be awesome.

Just a thought: I agree with everyone that groups should be small, but I think for both of the main factions (US military and Secessionists) should have the leader with a bigger force. Such as if the "biggest" force the survivors usually have would be 25, then the main lord should have 70.

Considering that the US is comprised of the remaining original military, surely it would make more sense to have the party size relatively small (not as small as the survivors), to reflect just how weakened the military has become(same applies to the confederacy, they're just starting out after all).

I'd say for survivors a band of 15 seems reasonable, and for the military 20-40 per party(they're soldiers, they have more than enough skill to be a small team and still be just as effective).

Moses IV said:
I would think the factions should be less of the large government groups and more so gangs and small bands of survivors

The two major factions (the us army and the new confederacy) are the only large groups you will find in the mod. All other factions are small gangs/bands of survivors.

Oscar.Hedlof said:
Iustitia Rubrum
A far left political faction with communists beliefes. Everyone is equal and should get equal supplies. The IR take refuge In the outskirts of the cities and various farmlands.

I had planned on having a hippy/commune type faction which would be slightly similar to this, not even started on it yet however.

Also if anyone has any scene props (or even links to free open source scene props) which would fit with the mod I could use I'd be grateful, its hard trying to model all armours and props and then put them all in game.

I've also decided on the recruitment system.
- Villages will no longer be used to recruit troops directly, in fact they will no longer be villages. I've renamed them "points of interest", and they will not be villages but rather areas where you will harvest "resources". These points of interest could be an abandoned farm, a rundown factory, a crashed plane, a pile up on a highway ect. Basically I'm taking normal native villages and instead of recruiting a "random" number of troops from it you will harvest a random amount of "resources".

-These resources will then be taken to towns and where you can trade them for either
            - gold (can only trade with neutral or friendly towns)
            OR
            - troops (can only trade for troops at towns of your faction, this is to balance up the fact that parties will generally be smaller so I dont want the player to be able to recruit hundreds of troops)

The communists or anarchists shouldn't have a Latin name, too bourgeois and alienating for the common man; if anyone has a Latin name it should be the fascist or white-supremacist counterpart. I also don't think the proposed "racist religious cult" should be called the "Aryan Brotherhood" since a group already has that name in real life, they're a prison gang which is not particularly religious and not even all that practically racist (as they have to deal with Mexicans and Blacks to make money dealing drugs, pimping, gun-running etc.). Using that name will only provoke constant comparisons. Then again, without prisons, they can pursue new policies.

I support radical factions in general though; the end of the world would provide a decent tabula rasa for new experiments in social engineering and self-government.

Bluehawk said:
The communists or anarchists shouldn't have a Latin name, too bourgeois and alienating for the common man;
I agree completely, also I should note that the commune faction I was talking about aren't focused so much on the political kind of thing - they're more of a hippy, every one is equal kind of group. Maybe I shouldn't of compared them to the above mentioned communist group.

And as for the Aryan Brotherhood, they are based on the real life prison gang. I never mentioned that they were extremely religious - they are basically just a bunch of white supremacists who tattoo themselves in swastikas ect (I should note that when I imagine a typical white supremacist group today, I dont think of a bunch of well educated serious politicians, I think of them more as a kind of cult of rough extremists which is how they will be portrayed in the mod).

You mentioned that they will be compared to the prison gang in real life - this is fine with me, its pretty much how I want them to be in the mod.

Oscar.Hedlof said:
And I agree that "the Aryan Brotherhood" might not be the best name.
Maybe we can call them "Othinus filios".
Again I think my interpretation of the Aryan brotherhood is different from yours, Othinus filios makes them sound too well educated and serious - they are not a serious political group, more a group of rough rednecks with some rascist far right views.

The only serious political group I have in the mod at the moment are the New Confederacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom