The Reckoning| The Original Thread

This mod features ammo which gets used up when you fire a gun. How limited should ammo be?

• Very Limited and very expensive- players should be forced to conserve ammo at all times

Votes: 274 27.2%
  • Slightly limited - players should be forced to conserve ammo where possible

Votes: 613 60.8%
  • Not that limited and fairly cheap - players should be able to fire a gun whenever they wish

Votes: 121 12.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's amazing! How about something that generates a random event? like an S.O.S? Maybe when you get like, a radio you can get some kind of extra random event to make some cash, do a quest or straight up get ambushed?

La Grandmaster said:
New Road Network/Highway System

Extremely detailed (highway signs actually say how far away cities/small towns are). You can also see early versions of the map signs in the second pic, they are only visible when the player is fairly far zoomed out). And fade out of view when zoomed in.

mXjdz1Y.jpg

7Ekijcg.jpg

c5yOXl0.jpg

2GCsXV0.jpg

VMyBG2u.jpg
One of the most detailed and intricate map systems I've seen in a mod, if not the most. As someone else said, gorgeous.

I love it. :grin: So many mods ignore the campaign map for the most part, I am glad to see something as detailed as this. :smile:

A bit of nitpicking, the skyscrapers don't look as great as the countryside and residential areas do. I think the reason is that the terrain below the skyscrapers should not be grass, but cement, and also the asphalt of the highways. It looks odd to have random skyscrapers on ground with the plains texture.

ClearlyInvisible said:
Do we get a speed boost if we stay on the highways/roadways?
Not at the moment, maybe I may do that though, my plan to encourage players to use roads is that they are usually the shortest route from a to b, as their are often obstacles when going "off road" which means you will have to wind around them meaning it may be a longer route. When I say obstacles i mean buildings, cliffs, mountains, ect.

The terrain directly under buildings is impassible (so that people do not walk through map icons). You can see this in third pic, the terrain/polygons underneath the buildings are a darker colour, these darker polygons are impassible - this means that the shortest route for players is the path/road going between these houses (in the third pic). This true of all areas where there are buildings, you must stick to the road or areas around buildings.

Also if you look in the second pic I now have clouds on the worldmap - these are only visible when far zoomed out and fade out when the player begins to zoom in. They form/dissipate and move across the sky. Do not even ask how I got them working, its possibly the biggest shader hack job I have ever done  :grin:

im actually worried that the campaign map is so beautiful ill never want to join any battles or enter towns :O

Great! So the player instead of merely pushing a pawn around the map will have to step carefully even when controlling the whole party. I wonder though, if the campaign map reflects walking between houses, will battle map reflect the surroundings too?

La Grandmaster, do you planned to add some Monkey ? (no, I did not see the last Planet of the Apes ... :mrgreen:)

Hey Grandmaster, first off, the mod looks absolutely gorgeous; Really, really nice work. Secondly, I was wondering if you had any plans for the honor system, if you're going to give the zombies 'lord' characters and if you plan on adding/creating a system to kill off enemy leaders?

I just have one suggestion, is it possible to be infected by zombies, and to have a cure for it, like an anti-virus, and if you don't heal yourself, you become infected?

Also, since you are making this, does that mean that when the campaign map changes it's season, the scene of a town is sunny, and when it's winter, the scene of the same town will be covered in snow?

im curious grandmaster if you are going to make some smaller zombie parties invisible to spotting till they get close so they can kind of like simulate an ambush, that way if your traveling you can get taken by surprise by smaller hordes waiting on a highway, at least i think it would be cool that way there is always danger of getting attacked if your not careful or attentive. But the map looks amazing :grin: i cant wait for the Alpha!

how much damage the zombies will make?it will be like one hit kill or they have to swarm you because in native is preatty hard to hit someone with your  fists and if you got some good armour it will take quite long to kill you

@Luven , zombies have no lords - they are not a proper faction, they function like natives bandits

@Heroes_Witch_King, you cannot be infected, it would not be fun to play as a zombie (they cannot use guns and can only walk), plus this would be a pain to code and would not work well without a lot of time spent on it (id have to change dialogues ect). Seasonal changes will be on the worldmap only.

@ALECOS, probably not, I spent far too long creating the map icons, I want them to be seen.

@cristy80 , Ideally I would of had zombies use an invisible knife with a unique attack animation (to make it look like they are lunging at you/trying to grab you), but I have been unable to get the unique attack animation working so we will see. Zombie attacks will do a lot more damage than natives punches however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom