[OSP] (Faces) xPearse's New M&B Faces

Users who are viewing this thread

xPearse

Sergeant Knight
Most of them are Asian or Japanese but there are a few others which are not. These are from my HOTD mod and this download is for modders so adding them in is child's play. Here is a pic of all the faces, both male and female are included now.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70955257/xPearse%20New%20%20M%26B%20Faces.rar

What do you guys think, will they be of use to anyone. Just to remember to credit and if you want to tell me what you'll be using them in as im interested to see where my work goes.

Yea most of them are Japanese, just did some other faces as well to have a variety. I also used the other faces such as the two Korean ones for units such as the thugs. More faces the merrier as there is a serious lack of them but I hope that these faces can make up for it.

Very cool, definately going to test these out.  :smile:

EDIT: Theyre great, just what I needed.
If you release any female faces I'll be sure to try them out!

It's great that you guys will try them out, I am creating some female faces but they don't turn out well due to the female faces head model being really odd. There's nothing wrong with the faces I get the texture from, just see for yourself as they don't look as good when compared to the male ones.

Yea I tried them before but they look kinda weird, they also didn't match most outfits as the head model was sticking out the back of the costume and it look bad. I wouldn't really want to edit the head models as that would mess up the auto generate head stuff such as nose lengths that troops and such use.

MadVader said:
We used these dolls in PoP, it's a Chinese OSP with original meshes.
Wow, finally an OSP from the chinese forum that looks very good. I am tempted to use these myself, to be honest, because truth be told, Native's female faces are crappy, and I don't like the two other OSP packs that were here for some time (and that were mentioned above).
Now, which hieroglyph should I credit...

But who knows where they actually came from  :lol:

Seriously, until those guys aren't stealing content from other games and calling it "their work", I'm not touching any of it.  They don't participate here, they never seem to show development work, and considering that a lot of the other stuff they're using is ripped from other games, it makes it all suspicious until proven otherwise.

Besides which, they don't have any face keys; so you have an army of Amazon Supermodel Clones :razz:

Lumos said:
MadVader said:
We used these dolls in PoP, it's a Chinese OSP with original meshes.
Wow, finally an OSP from the chinese forum that looks very good. I am tempted to use these myself, to be honest, because truth be told, Native's female faces are crappy, and I don't like the two other OSP packs that were here for some time (and that were mentioned above).
Now, which hieroglyph should I credit...
We credited him thusly:
corprus for the female face models and textures (OSP):
http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=359343&extra=page%3D1

Some textures were modified to correct imperfections by our Lothario, so you might want to download PoP and see the end results there or check the corrected textures. If you are starting a game of PoP, choose "Pretty Female" as a race to take a look.

xenoargh said:
But who knows where they actually came from  :lol:

Seriously, until those guys aren't stealing content from other games and calling it "their work", I'm not touching any of it.  They don't participate here, they never seem to show development work, and considering that a lot of the other stuff they're using is ripped from other games, it makes it all suspicious until proven otherwise.

Besides which, they don't have any face keys; so you have an army of Amazon Supermodel Clones :razz:
Yes, that's what we thought too. Then we conducted some due diligence by asking a couple of mod teams (1257 and Light and Darkness) if they think something was swiped off their stuff, and they said no. The translation of the page by one of our Chinese fans also didn't reveal anything suspicious. The guy claims that the models are original and he was working on them for some time.
And you need to be fair to the Chinese, they do have many talented people.
They are innocent until proven guilty, just like anyone else, dear unbiased American friend.

Shalictar Hammerfall said:
Corprus, from the looks of it.
尸化 :lol:
Yeah, I saw his name. Most of the replies to the thread didn't make any sense though.

xenoargh said:
****, that could well cripple my enthusiasm. Meh. Could pass, but I'll see.

@xPearse: You've done a good job with this OSP, really.

Could always create your own face keys, it wouldn't be too hard, you wouldnt need as many as native, just a few to create some variety.

I'm downloading something now - what it actually is I have no idea, but hopefully its the faces

Yes, that's what we thought too. Then we conducted some due diligence by asking a couple of mod teams (1257 and Light and Darkness) if they think something was swiped off their stuff, and they said no. The translation of the page by one of our Chinese fans also didn't reveal anything suspicious. The guy claims that the models are original and he was working on them for some time.
And you need to be fair to the Chinese, they do have many talented people.
They are innocent until proven guilty, just like anyone else, dear unbiased American friend.
Sure, there are talented people everywhere. 

That said, I get really suspicious when nice stuff shows up without WIP shots from that community, considering their track record and lack of open communications with us here.  When it seems too good to be true, and all that.

Anyhow, building the face keys should be possible.  I am going to take a shot at it.  I take it that the main complaint about Native's faces is the nose?

Did it. 

Need to slightly adjust the hairs, but I fixed the worst issues; the too-short neck, the facial structure being a bit less pretty than people would like (without making them all Barbie Doll clones).  No separate race or even any code changes required.

Back
Top Bottom