SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

Amazing mod, I can't wait to mount Joffery's head on a spike when I take King's Landing. Speaking of the little pipsqueak, Joffery seems to disband the entire King's Guard within the first day and then later the Hound vanishes by the first week. Is this supposed to happen, because I've started over at least ten times and the result and timing are always the same.

Barristan Selmy said:
Amazing mod, I can't wait to mount Joffery's head on a spike when I take King's Landing. Speaking of the little pipsqueak, Joffery seems to disband the entire King's Guard within the first day and then later the Hound vanishes by the first week. Is this supposed to happen, because I've started over at least ten times and the result and timing are always the same.

Fixes have been made for this for Beta 8 :smile:. Including a full code re-write of the kingsguard feature.

produno said:
Barristan Selmy said:

Fixes have been made for this for Beta 8 :smile:. Including a full code re-write of the kingsguard feature.

Yay, that's amazing to hear!  : D

After playing A Clash of Kings 2.0 as a Targaryen supporter up until the point trying to fight Tywin Lannister forced me into a no-win scenario where the game crashed constantly and ruined my saves, I have to ask, what are the primary differences between AWOIAF and ACOK? Also are there Targaryens? I'd very much like to help the Targaryens if at all possible but I'm still going to give this mod a go and hope things go better than what they did with ACOK.

ComradeRichard said:
After playing A Clash of Kings 2.0 as a Targaryen supporter up until the point trying to fight Tywin Lannister forced me into a no-win scenario where the game crashed constantly and ruined my saves, I have to ask, what are the primary differences between AWOIAF and ACOK? Also are there Targaryens? I'd very much like to help the Targaryens if at all possible but I'm still going to give this mod a go and hope things go better than what they did with ACOK.

I'll field this one and hopefully answer it adequately. Yes there will be Targaryens in this mod but this mod is very much still in the early stages and still not as polished as the other mod, whereas the other mod since version 1.1 has been eviscerating it's own content (seriously go download version 1.1 and see how much better that version was than even the current 2.0 despite the bugs and some wrong lore locations if you don't believe me) this mod is still adding lords and locations (a few at a time to keep balance), a lot of stuff is going to be the same between the two, it's a small timeperiod with limited lore, this mod has The Nights Watch and Wildlings north of the wall as factions as well as a Dothraki faction already at the start of the game north of Qohor, I believe the only invasion of a faction is the Targaryen one which is triggered by quest. Atm if you check the cheatmenu when you get into the game you will find TONS of different armors and cloths, so many that I personally feel Produno could go through and start deleting some stuff or setting a flag on them that they can not be available on the markets/mystic vendor, but a lot of the faction specific armor that was in the original GoT mod that was being made is in this mod so you can outfit yourself with the armors of the faction you like. Also there is no clear cut best armor atm which I also feel could be worked on as there are a lot of unique and cool looking armors that have lower than what could be considered the best or the same as which again I personally feel should be better than regularly available stuff, but that is something that can be addressed much later after Produno and team are satisfied with the factions, mechanics of diplomacy in the mod, lords, bugs etc. Hope I answered the question adequately for you and Produno, I hope Produno can come in here and answer your question himself and maybe clarify/correct me if I got anything wrong. :smile:

Is there an ability to customize your own army once you get to become a king or do they just stick with vanilla?

Thank you for the speedy answer! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know! I'd actually love to maybe correct the grammar of text and such if you'd be willing to allow me to. I feel like this has a lot more potential than ACOK considering it's not just one person imposing their vision on everything but a team working together (even if both are hampered by the understandable needs of real life) so, yeah, love to help if you can think of a way. Might donate to the patreon once I can scratch up the funds. The lack of locked diplomacy is quite nice too.

Bosnian said:
Is there an ability to customize your own army once you get to become a king or do they just stick with vanilla?

Unfortunately no you cannot customize your own troops.

ComradeRichard said:
Thank you for the speedy answer! If there's anything I can do to help, let me know! I'd actually love to maybe correct the grammar of text and such if you'd be willing to allow me to. I feel like this has a lot more potential than ACOK considering it's not just one person imposing their vision on everything but a team working together (even if both are hampered by the understandable needs of real life) so, yeah, love to help if you can think of a way. Might donate to the patreon once I can scratch up the funds. The lack of locked diplomacy is quite nice too.

Hello mate,

Most of the action happens on my own forums, so i dont post here too often.

Azsouth is part of the testing team and helps me with Lore and suggestions when i need it. Hes been following the mod a long time and is one of the ones that wants to see the mod do well, so helps where he can.
We have quite a few others that also do the same of which you can find names and pictures on the moddb site. Even from as little as someone giving the lords the correct personalities helps a great deal, so anything your able to help with would be appreciated and accepted. I didnt start the mod for my own visions, but in hope the community and people who have a love for the game and ASoIaF to come together and create a fitting mod for the setting :smile:.
I originally set up the Patreon page to enable me to acquire the funds to pay for two years web hosting of the forums. That has now been achieved, so anything extra goes towards commissioning items/textures or anything else people suggest that i don't have the time/skills to do myself.

Anyway, for anyone that's interested here is the current changelog for Beta 8. I normally update this as and when i work on the mod.

Fixed a load of textures.
Fixed a load of face codes that was causing crashes.
Fixed some problems with being unable to find some music files.
Various other adjustments.
Re-enabled Horse Archery skill.
Modified stats of all bows/crossbows and arrows. Plus added a couple more.
If the player is of Ironborn descendant, he or his men wont loose moral whilst crossing the ocean. Unless of course you disgrace yourself by not having your own boat!
Added back sea traders.
Changed boats for different factions and different party types.
Various sounds changed for boats.
Changed fort scenes, these should now show the correct terrain, depending where they are built.
Changed all random battle maps.
Various small changes made to moral. eg, you now get more moral for resting in towns rather than in camps.
fixed bug with the kings guard where it would cause errors when switching to the new leader of kings landing if that leader was captive.
You can now have 7 bodyguards in scenes with you. The same number as the Kingsguard.
Fixed companions overview problems.
Added luxury items when taking into account party moral.
Started re-working on properly intergrating cabas orders and moto's.
Added dynamic weather to more scenes, including meeting scenes. Also removed some conflicts.
Fixed the click and crash on bandits bug, plus a few other troops this happened to.
More work on random battle maps, these are pretty much finished now.
Fixed a bug which could occur very occasionally when selling prisoners to the nights watch.
Fixed a bug where Wandering Crows wouldnt traverse all the taverns in Westeros.
Changed sounds for Giants. Now they actually sound like giants.
Updated all coastal towns and sea routes/trade routes for these.
Unsullied dont cost any wages, but ive increased the amount to buy them.
Depending where the town or village is located, changes who will be attacking when infested by bandits.
Adjusted Riverlands to have less troops.
Various code fixes, improvements and optimizations.
Added a new skill - Navigation. - Thanks Lumos
Upped all the skill level caps, mostly to 10 as in native.
It now costs 1/4 the amount to cross the ocean while renting a boat.
Changed all trade goods for every town/village - needs some feedback and testing on this.
Made some bug fixes to sea battles.
Adjustments made to party speed. If you are sneaking (ambush mode), your party will now move slower.
Improvements and extra balance added to Varies quest line. - This has been pretty much completely re-done and debugged.
Added new clothing for Essosi peasants and Braavosi troops.
Completely redone and debugged Kingsguard feature.
Added 2x Valyrian faces.
Added special troop training at Dragonstone for Queens men.
Added special troop training at Kings Landing for Goldcloaks.
Started changing all scenes.
Added Renlys Rainbow Guard.
Added 8 more lords to The North.
Added 7 more lords to the Stormlands plus correct locations
Added 2 more lords to Dragonstone plus correct locations.
Added lots more lords to all other factions... lost count!
Added 57 Special npc's that accompany lords.
Started adding all ladies to factions.
Added three cards game from AndyYa to a special troop in the crossroads inn.
Added first batch of new banners for the Vale.
Added new armours and horses by pino. Removed some others.
Fixed Custom Commander and hopefully the player dieing and disappearing.
Adjusted Thenn armours and stats.
Added 7 new male Dothraki armours thanks to La Grandmaster.
Added 4 new female Dothraki clothing thanks to La Grandmaster.
As requested ive changed the way killing lords work.
Changed Reputation back to Honour.
Correctly changed Harma Dogshead to be female.
Changed all random events when you are King/Queen to be correct according to lore.
Made adjustments to sieges, hopefully religious troops are more likely to stay back rather than charge the walls - Thorough testing req'd.
Removed Talisa Stark for the sake of correct lore.
Re-written some more events.
Fixed issues with lord companions being doubled when still imprisoned.
Added currently remade flags and given them to the correct lords. Also removed all the old Brytenwalda flags and any others that had sneaked in.
Tidied the textures folder and meshes etc.
Added some lods that needed them.
Fixed some other texture/mesh issues.
Fixed the broken AI formations.
Made adjustments to some items and bugs associated with these.
Adjusted flora and fixed snowy plants in plains/plains forest etc.
Started changing face codes.
Added visitable Citadel to Oldtown.

While we are on the subject of others helping ,you can find the awesome banners JJJaikishan has been making for the mod here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,316874.0.html
These will also be added for Beta 8!

Hello eveyone .
I'm playing as a Dothraki Noble . I fight against Dothraki Raiders and i take 'Dothraki Bloodriders' and 'Dothraki Raiding Khals' as prisoners. And i make them my own soldiers. When i click on them in Party Screen , game crashes . I cant upgrade them, i cant look their skills ... How can i fix that problem ?

I just downloaded this mod and despite its unpolishness I love this mod. ACOK and its relative purism and lack of special features is dull compared to this unpolished diamond. I like the show armours very much over the relative dull armours from vanilla and I feel like it could be more distributed a little bit for the westerlands. I hope the dornish armour that was showcased in season 5 is wearable. Overall a very good mod right now even compared to the more polished single player ones right now.

Somethings you need to fix is that some of the helmets are made weirdly like the plate helmet series and they seem to clip through the heads of all races so you might wanna make those helmets slightly bigger. I am pretty sure you know joining the wildings is bugged so just a mention if you haven't learned it.

One thing you can improve is backgrounds and the introduction. I am pretty sure everyone hates all the mods that leave the intro where you are attacked and this is no different but even harder. Its downright impossible to fight the guards in kings landing with only a crappy weapon and no armour like all mods have it so here is what i suggest. Just like being a female in the original M&B:WB, gave you better gear it should be no different if your a lord background. If your a northern lord or retainer background you should at least be given the standard equipment that the starks soldiers wear. Also is there some way to tie in your race with your starting point, with different intros preferably some where you dont always have to be ambushed. A starting point in beyond the wall, high garden, the stormlands, dorne, and an essosi place should be implemented so it gives more immersion than be a wilding magically teleported to Kings landing.

Also lords seem to die too easily can there be a option where their chances of dying is lessen or removed complely. I am a marshal and too many times my lords always die when they do a siege attack so I believe permadeath should be nerfed a bit.

I hope that you listen to my suggestions and I hope you have a bug free release on version 8.

Lunawolf242 said:
Its downright impossible to fight the guards in kings landing with only a crappy weapon and no armour...
You are not supposed to win that fight. It´s possible though, by lowering damage to the easiest setting and being lucky enough never to face more than two enemies at once.

Back
Top Bottom