SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Users who are viewing this thread

New patch up for anyone that wants to help test and report bugs. Many fixes have been made, many suggestions have been taken note of and acted upon.

http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?topic=150.msg758#msg758

Newest patch is V0.5.3

I don't know if you're aware of it but it's not possible to use "Two-handed/One-handed" weapons with two hands without using shield. Also, a really nice mod, good luck!

I think you mean "you can't use a two-handed/one-handed weapon with one hand without using a shield."
I remember seeing it in another mod, where it appeared as two-handed/one-handed/one-handed, which did that, but I can't remember where.
Also, is it deliberate that you can't choose to be a man from the Vale in the beginning? It seems like an odd choice when you have everywhere else.

Hazzardevil said:
I think you mean "you can't use a two-handed/one-handed weapon with one hand without using a shield."
I remember seeing it in another mod, where it appeared as two-handed/one-handed/one-handed, which did that, but I can't remember where.
Also, is it deliberate that you can't choose to be a man from the Vale in the beginning? It seems like an odd choice when you have everywhere else.

No, I meant the opposite. Just re-read my original post, it's very clear.

Wulfric said:
Hazzardevil said:

You can't use a weapon two-handed without a shield? I don't understand you.

Hazzardevil said:
Wulfric said:
Hazzardevil said:

You can't use a weapon two-handed without a shield? I don't understand you.

Exactly, you do understand me.

some feedback on 0.5 alpha

* its still quite, err..."boring" because the map is so empty. needs LOTS more villages, fiefs, towns. nice landmarks though. you could check out the crusader kings II mod for GoT which has tons of towns names and so on which are all lore-bound or taken from the books. if you added even half the towns that it has in there, you'd have about 5x more towns on the map.
* essos is basically empty. its a full day travel from town to town in some areas. its just....boring.
* encountered either a bug or something really strange:
-- i started game as "wildling"
-- went to winterfell
-- went to castle
-- talked to "priest of the old gods", donated 1000 gold to him (increased rating with "the old gods" by 5 or 15 - cant remember & "changed relations with all factions" message also came up)
-- talked to king robb, and the only option was "i want to talk to you about something" - and - "i want to make peace with the north".
-- i thought it was strange to see making peace option, so i chose that. he demanded 100k+ gold, which i couldnt pay, so he said "well i cant pardon you then".
-- i exited castle, exited winterfell, and immediately got popups for each faction declaring war on "the old gods"
-- i went back to winterfell, but now the town was hostile to me ("try to sneak in" etc)
-- all other factions were hostile to me. yet, i had just started the game and was not part of any faction. (technically, id be part of player_faction perhaps - but for some reason it called me "the old gods").

good work so far, keep it going.
still isnt quite worth playing, its all too uninhabited and dead.
not enough lords either, put in lots lots more lords.
there's factions that start out with just 1 lord especially in essos. not good, not good. GoT is all about the huge amount of characters and personalities. youve got more than you could ever wish for to put into this mod.

i know its a work in progress, just feedback on things that i still see as the most outstanding issues to make it "playable".

Thanks for the feedback, though the relations bug you mentioned is fixed in a patch on my forums. I shall be making an official patch by next week end.

Their is only one faction with one lord, and thats a faction in Essoss, cant remember which. All westerosi factions have (i think) between 6 and 12 lords, roughly. Though more will be added in time.

I have around 100 or so villages/castles/towns ready to go in, though they are disabled for now until most bugs are found and some other stuff has been sorted. I may add some more villages though for the next patch.

I also noticed that in tournaments there's a random chance that you or someone else will spawn in with their own stuff. It breaks the balance of tournaments at times, because lords just wreck everyone else with their plate.

produno said:
Thanks for the feedback, though the relations bug you mentioned is fixed in a patch on my forums. I shall be making an official patch by next week end.

Their is only one faction with one lord, and thats a faction in Essoss, cant remember which. All westerosi factions have (i think) between 6 and 12 lords, roughly. Though more will be added in time.

I have around 100 or so villages/castles/towns ready to go in, though they are disabled for now until most bugs are found and some other stuff has been sorted. I may add some more villages though for the next patch.

FULL OF WIN! :smile:

New update coming soon. V0.5.4 Which will include no less than:

Fixes

Fixes missing armour for reach recruits
Fixes reach troops stats
Fixes to all villages and towns religious views - this will now be displayed correctly.
The Old Gods follower in Winterfell will now give proper relations changes.
Mikken is correctly male.
Fixed freelancer quest bug.
Fixed clansmen armour anomaly.
Fixed ships 'sailing' on land.
Fixed UNABLE TO FIND MESH BL_COAT03B
Bastard swords should now be handled correctly.
Fixed talking to peasants in taverns.
Fixed Davos and Marya having incorrect relations.
All factions will no longer declare war on captured lords factions.

Changes

Volantis now has a port
White Harbour now has a port
Changed prelude to make sense to the time period of the mod.
Added Goldcloaks to Kings Landing town guard.
Added Unsullied to Qohor town guard.
Correctly removed Sea Traders.
Changed the date format.
Slight changes to village recruitment.
First attempt at fixing runtime errors after creating a character.
Adjusted spawn points, specifically ironborn raiders.
Added an extra bridge near Volantis and Sunspear.
Gave new headwear to Nothern troops.
Gave new headwear to Riverland troops.
Adjustments to Ironborn armour.
Made some armours look a little better.
Changed all map icon bridges to be rotated correctly.
Buffed all soldiers.
Removed seasonal triggers.
Gave Bear Island to House Stark.
Gave Greywater Watch to House Stark.
Factionise more items.
Added some new map icons.
Adjustments made to special NPC's that accompany many lords in the game. - They will now take out parties of their own every now and again, they will act pretty much the same as lords, ie dialogues etc. There should also only ever be one instance of each. They should never own a fief.
Added 16 new settlements.
Lots of changes to the map, specifically Essos.
Loads of other tweaks and small changes.

Were probably looking at it being released at the week end if all goes well.  A big thanks to the guys that helped bugfix so far, so much couldnt have been fixed if it wasnt for them! Particularly Karl XII, Odysseus, Putttzy and any others that posted bugs on either my forums or the Moddb page.

Dear dev(s),

this holds enormous potential, truly.

I`ve played a little and would ask for an option at char creation to be religiously indifferent or even hostile to religion per se. Many of GRRM`s chars seem to view religion as a tool only and just pay lip service to their church.

Or include events not only to change faith but renounce any gods completely.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Going to give this mod a shot, I'm downloading it now! Also, how far progressed are you guys through the alpha? Sorry if that has been stated before but I didn't see anything on it.

Nearly another month has passed since the last major update and as usual ive been working hard to bring you guys more features and more bug fixes for V0.6.0.

New Settlements

In the next version i have added around 100+ new settlements. This includes Towns, Castles and Villages. Hopefully this will satisfy the few asking for more content to make the game more playable. Please note most of these still need correct scenes, of which i will hopefully get round to starting for v0.7.0.
Speaking of scenes, i have started to change a few and fix some that was bugged or missing Ai mesh, Cerwyn Village has been fixed as have others. I have started The Dreadfort scene which im hoping to complete in time for the next release. 

Whitewalkers and their Wights. 

I have now added the code for these fella's, they just need some bug testing and they will be ready for playing. This is one of the main features i wanted to get in for the next update. 
Either can only be hurt with specific weapons or elements, im sure you all know which. So you may not want to go charging in with troops not fit for battle with these guys. To account for this ive added quite a few more weapons, though ive not yet decided how you will acquire them, though when you do, you may want to save them just incase!

A little tip; Dont throw away your Torch :wink:

Recruitment changes

This is something i started but it still needs lots of work to be complete. Now the extra villages are in the game ive added special troops to some locations, which you can recruit depending on your relation values with that faction. The lord of said village will also have a retinue of these troops in his army.

Still to be done is the same for Castles and Towns, though this time you will need to be the Lord of the town and you will be able to train high tier special troops depending on location. One example would be White Harbour Knights at White Harbour. 

As usual, thanks to all the guys and gals posting bugs, suggestions and feedback!

Also please take a peek at this page on my forums:  http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?topic=297.0

Back
Top Bottom