Windows 8 "this app can't run on your PC" error

Users who are viewing this thread

homerj109

Recruit
I am trying to install MB Warband and Napoleon on my Windows 8 PC but get a "This app can't run on your PC" error when I click on the set up file. I tried downloading from all the mirrors listed on the MB website and have tried running each in Windows 7/XP/Vista compatibility modes to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem or a fix?

Thanks in advance!

I've been looking, I was just messing around.

So i had bought the digital copy from TW website, and got the app files to setup. However, when ran, they didnt work and gave me the This app cant run message.
I went, found an ISO image of the MB:WB and installed that ( version 1.1 ) and then found a patch from 1.1 > 1.153 ( the iso and patch were NOT from TW website ), then after a few minor changes, i ran it and vwallah , it worked.

Ill be posting the links to all i got soon, just trying to find them

Patch - http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mountbladewarband/patch/44048.html  ( Click DOWNLOAD FILE below, it'll be highlighted orange. )

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/5473160/Mount.and.Blade.Warband-SKIDROW-%5Btracker.BTARENA.org%5D  --- CD file.

I'm not promoting Pirate or anything of the such, i have bought the game, this was my way around the "This App Can't Run on this pc " message.

For a simpler solution you can turn off SmartScreen, go to Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center > click the Security drop down menu and then click change settings under Window SmartScreen.

Damn... I curse the day when i was handed an Windows 8, its sad realy  :cry: I was happy when i got it, but im not ****ing laughing now

FinnishKnight said:
Damn... I curse the day when i was handed an Windows 8, its sad realy  :cry: I was happy when i got it, but im not ******** laughing now

PM Me if you need help getting your  WB to work

My warband works, but its not cool for people not to get their copies to work, it hurts man  :cry: Windows 8 is just a freaking disaster

Back
Top Bottom