Any ideas for a new start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Funnily enough, despite capped RtR and good relations with most kings everybody declared war on my kingdom. Even D'Shar who has only 1 town, even Sarleon. Consider this as an easy way to get unique weapons, yes?

I don't mind. The capital is is protected better than Obama in his supercar, fighting with many foes is always fun. My poor vassals who recently joined me keep losing battles and fiefs, but that's okay. The first month of a new kingdom is one of the most exciting periods in the game, especially if you're well-prepared and your capital city is defended well enough to not even worry about losing it.

P.S.: I didn't hire mercenary company. That's a joker I will use if things will look really bad for us. If not, I won't ever hire it, because it's too overpowered now.

Few months have passed after I last played as my sweet little girl, and here's why.

Sometimes overconfidence costs too much for those who are too proud of their power to start thinking clearly. Alexander the Great's victorous army was exhausted and almost destroyed by much inferior Scythian forces just because macedonian commanders didn't attend to learn the war strategy of nomad tribes. I am not Alexander, and PoP campaign AI isn't as wise as Scythian warlords, but at some point I definitely undersetimated it.

When I first established my kingdom, everything went just fine. I got Singal, recruited good-natured lords with holdings, stroke my ex-suzerain here and there, defeating his strongest lords one by one. When Ravenstern declared war on my kingdom, I just ignored it - they're far, anyway. So I ventured into empire lands, attacking their parties and hiring troops for harrison, when got a message about Singal being besieged. Instead of immediately moving to defend it, I continued my journey and arrived to the city when there were already like 1.5k ravens or more. Few of them tried to block my way to the gates, so I had to dismiss all of my recruits and manuever a lot to get into the town. There I unicorn company and defeated few ravenstern lords while the rest were beating poor Timothy. Ravens still continues siege for few days, and at that time I ran out of gold while waiting at the town. They attacked 2 or 3 times and retreated. So there could be nothing special about this siege if not the Empire finally assembling forces and coming to Singal almost right after ravens left. I tried to save the city, tried really hard, but with only half of the army left had to leave it. I hoped to capture something else, or even recapture Singal shortly after, but it instantly got good garrison and no other target was found.

Although I took only about 200 of the best troops, I still could not get any gold to raise morale. Hunting for single lords was unsuccessful, my party became too slow. Troops deserted non-stop.
When my debt exceeded 150k gold, when the party morale was terrible and even Ansen left it, I abandoned this playthrough.

Well and I was wondering where were you the past 3 months. Obviously getting ass kicked in PoP like everyone else. Maybe a little boy playthrough this time?

Well, all I can say is thank you, Ansiktslos. Caused to the notable raise in sales due to your mindlessness the managements bonus will triggered.
We, the chairmen of Pendor Vaseline United, raise our glasses to your pitiful efforts and drink upon your pain!

Next time if your lose your income and are unable to recapture adequate replacement for the lost city, immediately cut down costs and kick out all the troops you can´t use anymore. Accumulating 150k debt is pretty much the American Way in this game. Which is bound to fail, no matter how experienced, hardcore or despereate you are.

Reload and older safe and retry!

noosers said:
Well, all I can say is thank you, Ansiktslos. Caused to the notable raise in sales due to your mindlessness the managements bonus will triggered.
We, the chairmen of Pendor Vaseline United, raise our glasses to your pitiful efforts and drink upon your pain!

Next time if your lose your income and are unable to recapture adequate replacement for the lost city, immediately cut down costs and kick out all the troops you can´t use anymore. Accumulating 150k debt is pretty much the American Way in this game. Which is bound to fail, no matter how experienced, hardcore or despereate you are.

Reload and older safe and retry!
Thanks for you heartful support, as usual. I believe my character cryed loud and tore her hear off the places she had it, since her head was already bald.
N.B.: OMG why is PoP so unfairly difficult?

I got this debt in a few weeks while protecting Singal and looking for another holding. And honestly 150k is not a big deal at this point. Money is nothing until, well,  you run out of it (is this an american thing, too?). The big problem was the loss of all fiefs, that made managing kingdom literally impossible. So I kept most troops till the moment when it became obvious that there were no easy targets to besiege.

habeo123 said:
Maybe a little boy playthrough this time?
Yeek! I'd better stick to little girls.
Actually I am already continuing this game, but until now could not revive the kingdom. All my allies lost their fiefs and I don't even know where're they. Dismissed troops, returned debts, got peace with the Empire for 64k gold, started challenge quest with eventides and captured Tuldar Fortress from ravens. After that I abandoned the quest to get access to garrison. My hope is to keep the castle until Gregory agrees for peace. In this case only D'Shar and Sarleon would be a threat and they both are weak. Fierds have just declared war upon empire and won't engage probably.

Just need to grind a lot more and use a stealthier path to victory I think.

I found, surprisingly that even a 2000-strong deathstack will leave a town with 1000+ pretty elite garrison alone. And then it gets smaller as you find and then "convert" some lords.

SO in the most recent new year game, I played as a heretic leader. Pendor and peasants are upgraded into Heretic recruits that ultimately will become Demonic Magnus. And I nercro'd a thread.

Burn me.

habeo123 said:
SO in the most recent new year game, I played as a heretic leader. Pendor and peasants are upgraded into Heretic recruits that ultimately will become Demonic Magnus. And I nercro'd a thread.

Burn me.

since its necro'd anyways.... Pendor and peasants can become heretics o_O?

Only by meddling with the occult. Even if it may be funny, the Knights of the Dawn will get to you eventually and then you'd wish you never did it.
And Demonic Magnus is _really_ OP...

Shingen said:
b34bb_H said:
Mettenheim-Style is very funny, but once you got used to fight on foot you will most likely get bored playing a cavalry-character
Tedious.

Referring to what? Mettenheim-Style? Eventually it gets boring too, but you can always start a "Only Spear + Shield" Character if you're up for more...

habeo123 said:

Burn me.

I did something like that once. I cheated my character to get the attributes of the demons (the ones with wings), used the cheat menu to get their gear and roleplayed that I was a dissident member of hell's nobility who came to earth to conquer it all. While in human form everyone was ok to me, but once I got into a very battle I would reveal my true form (equip the demoniac gear) and lay hell upon my enemies. My soldiers wouldn't mind, since I had already taken their minds, and my enemies would die anyway. But every time someone managed to escape from the battlefield and reach a castle before I reached them, the castle would immediately hate me and slowly rumors about me would start to spread (obviously, no one would dare to say it in front of me) and the rest of the faction would get negative relations with me. Oh, and I used demoniac magic to get money, charm people and stuff. Although not challenging, it was quite cool

I was thinking about doing a cool challenge start. Where I could only ever recruit outlaws/Red Brotherhood/ or other "Evil" Factions, no KHO's or Noldor, or Faction specific troops, early game is going to be so hard until I get a few outlaws. I am about to try it out.

Also start would have to be bad ones too, no nobles for me lol.

Also no buying items in stores, only looted gear. Should be fun

_Cooper_ said:
Hey guys,
I have 2 computers, both a different houses. At one house i have a day 750 awesome everything save and at the other a day 200 kinda crappy save. I played on that for almost 3 minutes and decided, " Nope nu-uh boring im out out." It just wasnt fun as my day 750 save. So im asking for any ideas on a new save just to liven it up on the computer without my amazing save.

Thanks,
Cooper

Replace all of sarleons troops in the templates with noldor ones. Save a backup of the original first in case you break something.

Then make it your mission to destroy the kingdom of sarleon faction.
O and you have to use a new character.

Good luck if you try...im attempting it atm and not even day 30 and factions are declaring to curb its power...its gonna get bloody quick...

Back
Top Bottom