Admirality: Napoleon- Epic Naval Warfare

Users who are viewing this thread

BetaKnight

Sergeant Knight
logo-fo-admiralit-V2-300x117.png

Redthorn-Studios.png

royal-marine.jpg
british-royal-navy.jpg

A naval warfare game set in the Napoleonic Wars period. This game is being developed by a group of indie developers that come from the NW community itself. It is planned to be 1st/3rd person with in-depth melee. I don't know about you, but sailing the seven seas and kicking ass sounds pretty damn fun to me. The developers for it are Blobmania, Wolfstar, Skvor, Rycon, and Reaper. To me it's seems like a new game and a new future. It looks to be very promising and very exciting! So I will keep my wallet open

Visit here to learn more about the game
http://www.redthorn-studios.com/

What's your opinion?

"Admiralty: Napoleon is the first commercial project under development by Redthorn Studios. It is being developed as a 1st & 3rd-person fps with combat mechanics you’d find familiar in games like the Mount & Blade franchise and War of the Roses."

If it's a naval game with sail controls and broadside barrages, then the blurb should emphasis that first and the swashbuckling after, if at all. And if it's really just NW on the high seas then... I don't see the appeal.

One of these days I'd like to see a good RPG sort of game set in the age of sail. Basically a more realistic and in-depth Pirates!. Age of Pirates 2 was more in the direction I'd like, but also not very good.

Ideally I would love to see the makers of Silenthunter 3/4/5 do something for the age of sail with a bit of first person melee/shooting but sadly that won't happen for a while. Looking forward to Admiralty though.

rejenorst said:
Ideally I would love to see the makers of Silenthunter 3/4/5 do something for the age of sail with a bit of first person melee/shooting but sadly that won't happen for a while. Looking forward to Admiralty though.
Jesus! Man! No, you don't!

Simulator of large ship of the line would be very sweet, but I am afraid this isnt going to be the case.

BenKenobi said:
rejenorst said:
Jesus! Man! No, you don't!

Simulator of large ship of the line would be very sweet, but I am afraid this isnt going to be the case.

There were elements in SH5 that I liked (ie: walking around the U-boat)... sadly that was about it for SH5.
Still, an age of sail game where you can walk around your ship, muck around with logistics, warfare and seafaring would be great if executed properly.

rejenorst said:
There were elements in SH5 that I liked (ie: walking around the U-boat)... sadly that was about it for SH5.
This was basically even in god damn modded SH3 (I think there was downloadable Engine compartment for VII and IX and I saw torpedo room for II). In Sh5 even walking in the sub was stupid, mainly because some gameplay mechanics forced you to do it (ololololol fireball and Force Speed). And the submarine was ugly as **** and there was only 1/3 of the crew that was supposed to be in the U-boat. Your stupid captain was not even visible. Just the ****ing floating camera able to move throught the ****ing sailors. No, there is nothing good about SH5 (maybe - MAYBE - except for the water).

Havoc said:
Oooh, so this is what Blobski was talking about.

Good luck.

It might have been :wink:

Cheers for the comments by the way, guys. We're hoping to get Dev Diaries out every week or two, which should answer many of the questions people have about the project.

Sir Prince said:
I meant to ask how open the game world is or if it is just battles or what.
It's a round/match-based setup similar to Warband or NW

BenKenobi said:
If we do include any ships of that size, I'm afraid it won't be at least until the end of development/in a later patch. The whole playercount issue alongside the sheer scale of a ship this size means we'll be focusing on getting everything up to around 50 guns in-game first, at which point we'll look into the possibility of bringing in a third-rate if possible.

Blobmania said:
If we do include any ships of that size, I'm afraid it won't be at least until the end of development/in a later patch. The whole playercount issue alongside the sheer scale of a ship this size means we'll be focusing on getting everything up to around 50 guns in-game first, at which point we'll look into the possibility of bringing in a third-rate if possible.
Oh, I just gave it as example. I mean even sloop would be marvellous. What I meant is that I would kill for something that would resemble sail ships instead of remodelled Schnellboots. You know, avoid the arcady way.

BenKenobi said:
Blobmania said:
Oh, I just gave it as example. I mean even sloop would be marvellous. What I meant is that I would kill for something that would resemble sail ships instead of remodelled Schnellboots. You know, avoid the arcady way.

We'll be releasing our first ship mesh with the next dev diary, but if you want to look it up before then, then have a search for the "Enterprize" class of sloop used by the british. It's a pretty much a 100% replica of that. :wink:

Why Napoleon period though?

Naval history isn't my expertise but when I think of fun naval warfare, I think of like 17th century pirates, where there are cannons, but also people boarding ships with cutlasses and parrots and stuff :grin:

BenKenobi said:
rejenorst said:
This was basically even in god damn modded SH3 (I think there was downloadable Engine compartment for VII and IX and I saw torpedo room for II). In Sh5 even walking in the sub was stupid, mainly because some gameplay mechanics forced you to do it (ololololol fireball and Force Speed). And the submarine was ugly as **** and there was only 1/3 of the crew that was supposed to be in the U-boat. Your stupid captain was not even visible. Just the ******** floating camera able to move throught the ******** sailors. No, there is nothing good about SH5 (maybe - MAYBE - except for the water).

No **** Sherlock! Now calm the **** down. I did state I'd like to see the makers of SH3/SH4/SH5... not just SH5, didn't mean to get your knickers in a bunch. Right now the only SH I have installed is SH4 (modded).

EDIT: My apologies if I come across as being rude, am feeling really irritable lately (quit smoking a week ago). 

Sir Prince said:
Ever seen (or read) Horatio Hornblower Kawee? NW period can be almost as awesome as pirates.

Or any of the Master & Commander (Aubrey-Maturin) books. Excellent reading - both of these series' are pretty much what inspired me to be interested in this project in the first place. The ship mesh I knocked up to present the project to the rest of the team was actually a replica of the "Vincejo", the inspiration for "HMS Sophie" - the first ship Jack Aubrey commands in the Aubrey-Maturin book series.

Not sure about the game overall, but the fact that Blobmania and Wolfstar are main members actually makes me very interested.

Good luck, you two.

Austupaio said:
Not sure about the game overall, but the fact that Blobmania and Wolfstar are main members actually makes me very interested.

Good luck, you two.

D'aww stop it, I'm blushing :wink:

Again, thanks for all the support, guys! I hope we don't let you down :razz:

Back
Top Bottom