Does Servers cost money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Erwin_Rommel

Recruit
Hello all! I have been playing Warband in soon 1 year. I really like NW Naval Battels so i were thinking of making a NW Naval Battle server. But, People tell me that it cost Money to have a server? Is that true?

If it cost Money how much will it then cost me? And is it any way i can get it for free?

Thank you very much for Your replies.

PS. If anyone is intersted in helping me With my NW Naval Server then contact Emperor Julius Caesar l. on steam!

One more thing thought. If i get a company to give me a server do i still need to open my ports and all those things? Or do they do everything and i can just sit and relax. But, can i still chance the code of the maps to naval maps?

Erwin_Rommel said:
One more thing thought. If i get a company to give me a server do i still need to open my ports and all those things? Or do they do everything and i can just sit and relax. But, can i still chance the code of the maps to naval maps?

Yes, the server will stay up 24/24 7/7 and you'll not have to open your ports since it's the company who open his ports in order to let players come on your server. And about the map, it depends of features of the company, it depends if they let you a FTP or not.

Pretty much as Ra'Jiska has stated, the company does all the 'hard work' for you. Also, any company worth their salt (always wanted to say that) provides FTP access. FTP access, essentially allows you to directly manage the files on the server and edit them (e.g upload your own modules, change the config, etc, to your liking).

Of course, I'd naturally recommend the 17th as a hosting provider for EU servers, details can be found in my signature.

Add MrSt3fan on steam for a server. My prices are

50 slots = 7 pound 50
100 slot = 12 pound 50
200 slot = 25 pounds

You can get any amount of slots you want

Back
Top Bottom