Scotland help?

Users who are viewing this thread

jrey

Recruit
sry about the new posts its just this bugs me alot ok i joined Scotland and at first we where kicking ass against england then we has a truce well we where still at war with Denmark or idk someone next to Denmark anyway they are all the way across the ocean and when the marshal makes the army evryone meets at a castle and sits there waiting on more then a while later break up and go home no fight this has happened like 12 times now and no fights at all i have tryed going to war with ither countries any help or at least a fix in next patch if possible thanx!!!

That happened to the kingdoom of portugal when i was member of it and as funny as it seems we were at war whit scotland :razz:,just ignore the danish maybe try to ask one o two lords to follow you and take a castle of them.
My solution to that was to wage war against Leon and forget scotland,they did not atacked me neither :/
I belive it whould be nice to be abble to ask for more than war to your king,maybe ask for peace or other stuff in the likeness

Well you can sometimes (rarely) get quest from guild master to persuade two lords who are obstructing peace to make peace, but it would be easier to ask king directly.

This happens sometimes, two factions on opposite sides of the map start a war, and because there's no fighting, no one emerges as a victor, so they're reluctant to make peace; made sense in native where everyone had borders with everyone or where very close, not so much here. I don't know if it can be fixed however. To fix it you'd have to limit political interaction to factions within a certain radius of each others' possessions but I don't know if that can be scripted.

Alex_S said:
This happens sometimes, two factions on opposite sides of the map start a war, and because there's no fighting, no one emerges as a victor, so they're reluctant to make peace; made sense in native where everyone had borders with everyone or where very close, not so much here. I don't know if it can be fixed however. To fix it you'd have to limit political interaction to factions within a certain radius of each others' possessions but I don't know if that can be scripted.

That was already fixed by Cruger a long time ago, as far as I'm concerned. And I've never seen, in example, England declaring war on Bosnia.

The Scotland vs. Norway issue comes from the fact that Norway controls Kirkwall (Orkney islands), and Scotland has a claim on those lands. But then Scotland conquers Kirkwall, and nothing else happens, since the two factions are just too far away from each other and the respective marshalls won't be crossing the North Sea when they have much more inmediate problems at their doors (England and The Isles for Scotland, Sweden and Denmark for Norway).

Cèsar had talked about the possibility of making the Orkney islands as some kind of semi-independent faction but dependant on Norway (order style).

Korinov what do you have to say about portugal declaring war on scotland? XD it makes no sence at all but appened in my campaing ,te answer i got ,i belive from Cesar,was that the Cruger fix worked no more,why arent you aware of this o_O OMG my life as no meaning anymore :S

thanx for the answers everyone i will try and wait untell the truce is over this england and he is right we did take that place thats when the war stopped so thanx  :grin:

Korinov said:
Alex_S said:

That was already fixed by Cruger a long time ago, as far as I'm concerned. And I've never seen, in example, England declaring war on Bosnia.

The Scotland vs. Norway issue comes from the fact that Norway controls Kirkwall (Orkney islands), and Scotland has a claim on those lands. But then Scotland conquers Kirkwall, and nothing else happens, since the two factions are just too far away from each other and the respective marshalls won't be crossing the North Sea when they have much more inmediate problems at their doors (England and The Isles for Scotland, Sweden and Denmark for Norway).

Cèsar had talked about the possibility of making the Orkney islands as some kind of semi-independent faction but dependant on Norway (order style).

Well, I have seen it in previous versions; but I had my own kingdom at the time so it might have something to do with that if you said it was fixed. My kingdom was in Flanders/County of Holland and I had Ragusa and Toulouse declare war on me. Toulouse might be marginally ok in this example, even though it's a bit awkward since we both had to go through France to see any action, so the whole war was reduced to a couple of raids; but Ragusa made no sense, there was no way for them to get to me.

Korinov said:
Alex_S said:

irish declared war on crown of aragon

Back
Top Bottom