The Military

Users who are viewing this thread

Probably just filled out his IQ and they decided he'd cost too much to train. They drafted a chimp, instead. Best damn recruit they ever saw. Absolutely brilliant in jungle warfare.

He's really only trained to fight in the jungle exhibit at the zoo, sadly. But they're hoping that some country in a tropical region will start something with Norway so they can deploy him Rambo-style. He's their Weapon X.

Nahkuri said:
Danik said:
I was denied the mandatory service because of what I filled in the information papers

What was that? Hail Varg?
No, I have set about 6/10 on most of questions regarding mental and physical health and as they said there was "competition about the places" so obviously I didn't get in. Also, Norwegian army uniforms are lame :/

Will be studying PPE, hopefully sponsored by the RAF, serving 9 years as an officer once I'm done with university. I'll probably go into the MoD or work for commercial airlines once I've done my service.
I come from a reasonably military family; father was an officer, uncle was an RAF engineer, grandfather was an SNCO, Great Grandfather was a Captain and the other one was a Major in the Medical Corps (Getting himself a mention in dispatches and silver oak leaf cluster). My Great-Great-Grandmother reckoned that we were related to Nelson claiming that her 'grandmother was born on the wrong side of Nelson's bed', I don't know whether or not this is true but it'd be pretty interesting if it were.

Doing the RAF WARMA in 2 weeks and then the Nijmegen March in July, getting myself a nice Dutch Medal.

I'm an officer in the USN and flying the T-6B right now. I've been in almost a year and it's been constant school and physical training since I got in, and I can only look forward to about another year to year and a half of that before I even get out into the fleet.

p525200618-4.jpg

Goker said:
I'll probably be drafted for mandatory service after university, not that I want to do it. I hate the Turkish Army, even though my father was a military pilot.

No such thing as conscientious objection in Turkey? Or is it too much of a hassle to apply?

Back
Top Bottom