• No!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Where's my cookie?

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

jurjeskovici

Recruit
I once again seek the wisdom of the Taleworlds forum.

I just had an idea: "Make your own bloody kingdom!" I tought. But since This will be the first time I try this I have to ask you if what I think may be possible. So, this is it:

1. Character: Male lord. Why? I think it would help me a bit in the begining.

2. Begining faction: Rhodoks. Why? I tought like this: Rhodoks have the best defensive units ( I think) -  Sharpshooters and Sargents + they have a good position on the map. Also, Rhodok Counts will use those troop in an attack - and they S*** there.

3. Recruit Rhodok units and train them to the max. Recruit nordic units and train them to be Huscarls. This may take a while, but I always succeded on geting top tier units en masse.

4. Wait untill the Rhodoks are at war with at least 2 other factions. Once they are "tenderized", Use my Huscarls to take either:
A. Culmarr Castle and Maras Castle,  and maybe go for Yalen. But this would give me a border with Swadia and they might just want to take attack me ( if they're not taken by the nords untill then. I sure hopw the Nords get taken out)

B. Ibdeles castle and Jelkala. This would get me surounded by the Rhodok kingdom, but would pretty much eliminate claims from other kingdoms, right? If so, this looks better to me.

5. Station my defensive units (Rhodok sargents and sharpies) in the newly conquered settlements.

6. Go from there - maybe attempt peace with the rhodoks.

Intended difficulty - I don't know. I'd like a bit of a challenge. Maybe harder at the beggining and once I get my towns let it down a bit untill I get my S**t together.

I also know that I need a good amount of Right to rule to make my own kingdom, and maybe good relations with other kings and lords. Any suggestion on how to improve my right to rule? I only know that you can send heroes for that.

So, back to the question: Is my "strategy" possible? Are there any better ways?

You have 2 possible answers on the poll. You can vote for the cookie thing and still post your opinion on my plan.

Why bother with the Huscarls when you're not lacking excellent infantry?  And I'd use sharpshooters to take castles anyway. Hold position in front of the wall and shoot everything on it down. You can retreat and repeat if you want. I'd however use Huscarls for defense, since they don't KO like the sergeants.

I tought about Huscarls because I had experiences comanding them. I pin the enemy in place with Sargents and surround the enemy with my Shock Troops ( Huscarls or Cavalry, depending on faction, role etc.)

Any more opinions?

Oh, and one more question: if I get to be a vassal of King Graveth and get some fiefs, if I tell him I don't want to be his vassal any more, do I get to keep the fiefs?

jurjeskovici said:
Any more opinions?

Oh, and one more question: if I get to be a vassal of King Graveth and get some fiefs, if I tell him I don't want to be his vassal any more, do I get to keep the fiefs?

No, but if you rebel after you've asked for a fief and been denied, you can take your castles/towns (and the villages associated with them) with you. 

It's actually not that difficult to play as a female character, and rebelling is actually a lot easier for a married female character: convince your husband that you should be queen, and you become your own faction with all your properties, his properties, and him as a lord.

Also, I have to echo Nikomakkos: why bother with Huscarls?  Not that Huscarls aren't great, but Sergeants are just fine, too, and take less time to train up--and you don't run the risk of morale problems and desertions if you're at war with the Nords. 

Nikomakkos said:
I'm cyber-in-love with JosieJ.  She's the finest lass in Calradia.  (In my mind she's an actual female.)

Aw, shucks!  :oops:

I'm happy to report that I am an actual female! (Unfortunately, I don't look anything like my avatar!)

Overall plan looks reasonable.  The only problem I see, is that after few sieges and field battles morale modifier for Rhodok troops will be below -100.  You may try to max "Recent events", but it's bugged in recent release (1.153) and sometimes if you fight against 100 bandits with just companions you will receive -50 morale instead of plus 150, or something like that, so keeping your Rhodok troops in your party will be challenging if not impossible.

Because of that, I would just go for Nord troops, if you like infantry.

Anyway, about Right to Rule.  In my recent game I started my own kingdom with pretty much no RtR.  I just deleted a detailed account of what happened, but in a nutshell not very much.  I was fine with no RtR, and now I'm practically abandoning this save due to boredom of a long peace with everybody. 

So, I'm thinking, that your position on the map and consciously avoiding any land which AI has a claim to is way more important than RtR.

Here are some cookies for you guys!

jQuery%2BCookies.jpg

Back
Top Bottom