Knight orders quest!

Users who are viewing this thread

You can definitely do the renown quest even if you're not a member (so you can do it for your own CKHO). It only checks the relation counter, and I think the requirement is +30, which can be somewhat hard to get unless you're a member.

The easiest way to finish the quest is to fight alongside friendly lords. That way, you don't have to risk your knights (leaving more to be recruited later). It's very easy to get hundreds of honor troops this way with 0 cost in prestige.

Hm, ive got a question cause iam realy stuck in here :mrgreen:

I did every quest for the Order of the Shadow Legion but i am still a Squire with around 76 points. How do i optain more quest to rise up?

How do you go about finishing the prestige quest? Everytime I try it the only fights are 20-50 man bandits/snake cults that give 1-2 renown, or the 800+ unique spawns. I can't take on the unique spawns with only 60-70 knights and doing the easy fights back to back still leaves me about 50 renown short when the quest times out.  (Currently trying with shadow legion but I have the same problem with other orders that I've used.)

oldark said:
How do you go about finishing the prestige quest? Everytime I try it the only fights are 20-50 man bandits/snake cults that give 1-2 renown, or the 800+ unique spawns. I can't take on the unique spawns with only 60-70 knights and doing the easy fights back to back still leaves me about 50 renown short when the quest times out.  (Currently trying with shadow legion but I have the same problem with other orders that I've used.)

i avoid that quest for that reason, if i remember right though, you may want to try see if you can ditch some of htose soldiers and fight bandits with as little  soldiers as possible, the less soldiers you have the more renown youll be getting per fight, so if you can fight with just your companions that may do the trick

How would you "ditch" the knights? Is there a way to disband them? CAN you actually disband them? I haven't tried. I literally just thought of it.

It's perfectly possible to disband them. At the end of the quest you are able to hire a good chunk of the knights and sergeants in your party. Less troops in your party means less available for hire, if you can afford them.

oldark said:
First time I finished at the last minute as I passed by Signal while Syla Uzas was attacking it. I joined the defenders and won the battle, which gave me enough renown to complete the quest.
Second time I was the marshal while at war. It was completed after the my host encountered the host of our enemy.

oldark said:
How do you go about finishing the prestige quest?
I'm usually taking that quest when I'm in need of free and good expendable troops for some war.
I do fighting for about 10 days, until when they get more or less used up, so I disband them all and solo dozen of bandit parties to get missing renown.

Or you simply wait till your kingdom is at war with someone so you can farm lord parties with free and excellent troops.
The quest itself can be pretty hard if you get it while at peace - it needs careful consideration wether or not you want to do it. (peace/war and availability of "cheap" unqiue spawns or minor faction warbands around)

Every order is the same: you disband all of your troops and only use your companions to fight.

At least, thats how it feels when your game is longer than 600 days. The prestige req is otherwise ludicrous to hit unless you are actively fighting a war.

placenik said:
bobknight said:
Every order is the same: you disband all of your troops and only use your companions to fight.
That's how it's done at peace. Usually combined with bounty hunt and rivalry quest.

hard to do at war too unless you are on the winning side, can't predict when they'll decide to siege one of your holdings. It's a pain the ass to run back to the order stronghold to pick up your troops and then run to the siege site to defend. Lots of risk.

I couldn't find it anywhere, and I thought I will not create new topic, if a topic about Order quests is already posted. So, i have a problem with taking the quests from Orders. I have 100 relations with my own God Ysgramor KO, but I am also in the Radiant Cross, which I have like 60 something relations. I made some quests, and now when I ask for them, I get answer - "On second though, I have more pressing matters". Dunno what is it about. Maybe about the campagain?

Completing a quest makes that quest unavailable to be done for any order for 15 days. So if you bounty hunt for Radiant Cross you won't be able to bounty hunt for you CKO until that amount of time has passed. The 15 day cool down is applicable to all quests that knight orders offer (bounty hunting, tournament champion, rivals, and a more challenging task). My guess is that you have just finished all the available quests so you are just ending the conversation since there are no quests currently available.

I would try waiting a few weeks and checking back again for more quests.

Back
Top Bottom