Your Custom Knighthood Order(s)! (Possible Spoilers)

Users who are viewing this thread

I failed to see any thread like this yet which is utterly puzzling to me considering how awesome the addition of CKHOs are but hell, I'll start it up :grin:

Post here you CKHO including any history, backstory, lore to coincide with Pendor, enemies, allies, etc. etc. Screenshots obviously welcome here (I won't be posting a screenie yet since I am still upgrading my knights and sergeants to their full equipment and it takes an age and a half to finish :razz:)

Order of The Pendorian Protectors

Knight = Pendorian Champion

Runed Bastard Sword
Knight Of The Lion Shield (Will be Ancient Engraved once shield hits 6)
Jatu Honor Lance
Doom Mace

Dark Knight Helm
Ebony Platemail
Black Hourglass Gauntlets
Black Steel Greaves
Netherworld Charger

Sergeant = Pendor Defender

Winged Mace (Upgrading to Doom Mace as I type)
Heavy Board Shield
Heavy Xbow (Going to upgrade to siege ASAP
Steel Bolt

Black Brigandine (spelling?)
Ravenstern War Mask (Oddly this has higher armor then my knights :razz:)
Black Gauntlets
Polished Steel Boots (couldn't find black steel in there  :cry:)

These guys are simple:

F**k with Pendor, you are F**ked.

With a set of armor intimidating enough to match their resolve the Pendorian Champions race up and down Pendor on their highbred steeds in search of any who would threaten the peace in Pendor. Following close behind with deadly(?) crossbows are the Pendorian Defenders, ready to clean up after the Champions and pick off any survivors.

The Pendorian Defenders exist to protect the land of Pendor from those who would seek to exploit or do harm to the people or the land. As such they cannot co-exist with either the Knights of The Eventide or Knights Of The Dawn, and they make it a point to hunt down Singilian Slavers as a test, introduction into the order so to speak. They are also frequent Empire lands, and as such every member of the Snake Cult has learned to fear pound of the Champions Lance. They also attack the Knights Of The Ebony Gauntlet every opportunity they get.

Whilst utterly ruthless to their enemies they are staunch supporters of a select few lucky organizations. In particular they have particularly close ties to the Noldor and Silvermist Rangers and also to the Order of The Radiant Cross. They also occasionally work with The Kingdom of Sarleon or Ravenstern as the situation requires them to. 

In general, if someone, ANYONE is being oppressive or abusive of their people then expect The Protectors to be there, righting the wrong in whatever way they see fit.

Order of Monks

BattleMonks (knights): (perhaps even named them bishops..) *<- Failed to see that your name acctually were Bishopbutter... i have actually thought of a monk order... xD * edit

Armour: Robes
Weapons: sticks, stones,
Horse: Saddlehorse

Monk (or Monk Apprentice or smthng):

Armour: Robes
Weapons: None
Horse: None

Created in dire times when the normal knights just wouldnt do

Order of the Shimmering Moon.

Knight of the Shimmering Moon:Empire inlayed armor - Knight´s Great helmet - Polished Plate Boots - some gauntlets maybe Mettenheim - Ebony longsword - Ancient engraved shield - Noldor bow and arrows some horse

Cultist of the Shimmering Moon:Noldor captain helmet - Silvermist mail haubert - Polished Plate boots - some gauntlets maybe Mettenheim - Ebony longsword - Ancient engraved shield - Noldor Bow and Barbed arrows.

Excpect Pictures in about 5 real live days :grin:

Arcanum said:
PICTURES would be nice too. I haven't had the time to play much and get my own T_T

I am meddling with the occult using a hard save to to decrease the time it takes so I can get my pictures up but my men need to be trained to wield all the stuff I want them to and you can't change that. All I can do is use an editor to lower the cost of an item to 1 and its chance to 200 to make it take only 3 days but it won't help if my men can't use all the equipment I want :p

As I said I am only meddling for the screenies (braces for noosers or MVs wrath)

bishopbutters said:
Arcanum said:
PICTURES would be nice too. I haven't had the time to play much and get my own T_T

I am meddling with the occult using a hard save to to decrease the time it takes so I can get my pictures up but my men need to be trained to wield all the stuff I want them to and you can't change that. All I can do is use an editor to lower the cost of an item to 1 and its chance to 200 to make it take only 3 days but it won't help if my men can't use all the equipment I want :p

As I said I am only meddling for the screenies (braces for noosers or MVs wrath)

AND MY WRATH!!! (MODERATOR LIGHTNING BOLT)

bishopbutters said:
Arcanum said:

You found a way to actually edit it so that custom knights don't take so long to get their armor? MV said it doesn't work so what are you doing differently :eek:.

Copy-Paste from the Adventures in PoP 3.6 Thread.

Order of the Azeroth (Pendor Culture)

Azerothian Knight: Horse – Morningstar, Shield, Thrown x2
Azerothian Footman: Foot – Sword, Shield, Crossbow, Bolts

The Order of Azeroth was founded by a man named Nickolas, who would eventually become the one prophesied by Madigan to unite Pendor under one banner. (While scholars debate who is the true unifier of Pendor, since history and personal accounts seem to differ per telling, for intents of this manuscript Nickolas is the official unifier) Inspired by tales and legends of a land called Azeroth, Nickolas created this order to commemorate those who have perished in the conflict of the kingdom, who were enthralled with these heroic tales.
Legend states that the Kingdom of Azeroth fell to a green horde, reminding many of the present-day Fierdsvain. However, this green horde was not entirely human.  It is said they were green in color, instead of the classic pink pigment normal throughout Pendor (unless one is a D’Shar, Jatu, or a foreigner), and has the face mimicking a boar.
As of the order’s founding, the Azerothian Knights came into being. Trained from Pendor’s finest, they ride heavy warhorses and swing their Morningstars to great effect. However, due to the situation in Pendor, Nickolas ordered for these knights to train in thrown weaponry instead of classical training in the use of a lance. Something to note is that technically these original Azerothian Knights used flails and rid on lighter warhorses, and the usage of thrown weaponry or lances were not mentioned in the stories.
In addition, peasants can enlist to become an Azerothian Footman, combining both qualities of the original Azerothian Footmen and Archers. While they are proficient at each role, they are masters of neither. Officially classified as Infantry, an offensive strategy used by Nickolas involves having these soldiers charge the enemy, firing their crossbows as they advance. Upon reaching melee range, they switch weaponry better adept for the situation.
While the Order of the Azeroth has been founded by Nickolas, he remains a member of the Order of the Griffon, which he also reinstated into Pendor. As time passed, the Griffons eventually became the main Order of Pendor, but the Azerothians always were close by, acting as a military force to crush any opposition to their king and unifier, Nickolas.

Writer’s Notes:
- Needless to say, these guys were heavily inspired by the original Human race in Warcraft I. And I wanted one, so I created an order! : D
Notice: I do not know if the sergeants of this order are female (like the Einherjar), or are promoted from normal Fierdsvain troops. I assumed the latter when writing this.

Order of the Seraph (Fierdsvain Culture)

Angel Knight: Horse – Sword, Shield, Lance, Thrown
Phantom Huscarl: Horse – Axe, Shield, Thrown x2

The Order of the Seraph can be considered an offshoot of the existing Lady Valkyries situated in Windholm. Claris, a Lady Valkyrie herself, saw her sisters fall in battle constantly and determined it was the equipment and horses they were using, not the experience and skill behind each woman.
Claris founded the Order of the Seraph to fix these problems. The knights of the Seraph, called Angel Knights, ride heavy warhorses into battle and are trained to wield swords, shields, lances, and throwing spears. Equipped with heavier armor, these Angel Knights are not as fast as their sisters in the Lady Valkyries, but they survive a lot more battles, and by extension, are a lot more dangerous to her foes.
To complement these deadly Angel Knights and to boost usage of horses among the Fierdsvain, Claris instated Phantom Huscarls within the order. Heavily inspired by Koningur Valdis’s elite Huscarls, the Valdis Huscarl, Phantom Huscarls function in a similar manner. While initially not as experienced as the Valdis variant, the Phantom Huscarls have the potential to overcome their flaws and eventually may even outclass Valdis Huscarls. The name comes from the tendency for Phantom Huscarls to ride in foggy conditions, sending fear into their opponents as they merely hear their impending demise.
As for further history, some accounts say that Claris stayed loyal to the Fierdsvain and they eventually unified Pendor, others state that she rebelled and unified Pendor herself. No matter the case, the Order of the Seraph was there, sending any who disrupt the peace into the afterlife.

Writer’s Notes:
- I read reports that the Lady Valkyries were one of the weaker orders (considering that heavy cavalry essentially destroy everything), but I wanted to keep the Valkyrie style for this playthrough. So, the Order of the Seraph was born. Also, mounted Huscarls.
Order of the Skyfall Arrow (Ravenstern Culture)

Skyfall Sniper: Foot – Bow, Arrow, Arrow, 2H Sword
Skyfall Pathfinder: Horse – Bow, Arrow, Arrow, 2H Sword

The Order of the Skyfall Arrow was made into being by Sinderel, a ranger hailing from Ravenstern. Inspired both by the Silvermist Rangers and the Ravenstern Rangers, Sinderel decided to combine both variants into one order, and thus the Order of the Skyfall Arrow were created.
Skyfall Snipers act as the knights of this order. Forgoing all training previous from being a Ravenstern Knight, they master archery from the famed Ravenstern Rangers and use Noldor equipment whenever possible. These Snipers fill the skies with arrows, and devastate enemy lines before they even reach the Ravenstern lines.
Skyfall Pathfinders were originally trained to be Skyfall Snipers, but lack of patience, stamina, or other skills prevented them from doing so. Instead, Skyfall Pathfinders ride swift steeds into battle, shooting from horseback to disrupt enemy lines as the Snipers casually destroy the enemy from a distance.
Essentially, the Order of the Skyfall Arrow is similar to the Silvermist or even the Clarion Call in many ways, but are trained from the Ravenstern populace instead of Pendor or Sarleon.

Writer’s Notes:
- This order was created for a Ravenstern Only + Noldor (With emphasis on Noldor units) playthrough. Needless to say, I didn’t have access to Silvermist Rangers, and the Dragon and Falcon really doesn’t meet her needs either. Creating an order seemed like the only way to go. And she made it so.
Order of the Silver Gauntlets (Pendor Culture)

Silver Gauntlet Knight: Foot – Crossbow, Bolts, Sword, Shield
Silver Gauntlet Destroyer: Foot – War Hammer

The Order of the Silver Gauntlet and the Order of the Ebony Gauntlet are polar opposites of each other. Both wield the nearly identical weaponry, but the Silver Gauntlets differ in terms of aesthetics and the hatred of the Noldor.
Discovered by Nabalas, the Silver Gauntlets were happy to lend a hand to his noble-only crusade of Pendor as infantrymen, working side by side with the Silvermist Rangers and the Knights of the Radiant Cross. Originally, their role was to be covered by the Ebony Gauntlets, but since divisions between them and the Silvermist Rangers have reached climatic levels Nabalas had no choice but to let the Ebony Gauntlets go.
There is no need to explain how this order works, as they are essentially the same as the Ebony Gauntlets. It is said they their assistance in the crusade proved to be the turning point in the war.

Writer’s Notes:
- Since I fear that the Ebony Gauntlets and the Silvermist Rangers won’t get along as easily as they did before, I created the Silver Gauntlets to replace them. Yay originality! Although, if the Ebony Gauntlets and Silvermist can be fielded in the same army without too much of a hassle, then I may forgo the Silver Gauntlets. Gotta stick with the original plan man!

AnddyiRaynor said:
You found a way to actually edit it so that custom knights don't take so long to get their armor? MV said it doesn't work so what are you doing differently :eek:.

I am not advocating for it by any means, I just wanna get the screenies out faster. I have already noticed that it immediately loses its appeal once you speed up the process and it feels so cheap so don't do this guys, I have a feeling MadVader hates me just for using this for a few screenies.

I just used Morghs to lower item price to one and abundance to 200. Makes whichever item cost 12 gold and 3 days. Again I don't want people to do this, it completely shatters the balance of the CKHO. I just want my screenies out :razz:

I hope my death for this meddling is swift and painless. Though knowing Madvader and noosers I will probably wake up surrounded by Noldor with a stolen bow under my pillow  :shock:

When I think about it this could be avoided by giving items a hard-coded value to determine how long it takes for CKHOs. It might require a rewrite of the code though .___.

What I swear it didn't work for me maybe it's because you only set it to 200 but they weren't in the same spot were they? Noosers let it loose that that was possible in a different thread.

Aw, well keep trying :razz:

Anyways I found a helmet I like for my Sergeants and they are completely decked out now, just another 23 days for my shield on my Knights (switched the shield from Eventide just cause)

But I was hoping people would share some back story on their orders. I can't remember his name and I am to lazy to search but I know someone made up a knighthood order (before CKHO's were introduced) called the Order Of the Bull entirely comedy based. It was pretty good, hopefully he ACTUALLY creates it now :razz:.

You asked for a photo Andy. Also with that helm my Sergeants are largely complete, they just need to upgrade the crossbows to heavy/siege and the shield to a Heavy Board and they will be set.

mb_warband2013-04-0915-23-50-84.jpg

According to MadVader only price effects how much it costs and how long it takes to upgrade the equipment. I don't think abundance has a factor actually.

If you change to price below a certain range the item gets downgraded a class. The Ravenstern War Mask was under "Fine Helms and Capes". Changing the price to zero placed it under "Affordable Helms"

Again I wasn't trying to break das game here, I just wanted my screenies out :razz:. I am waiting on my Knights to get new shields since I didn't edit the shield and its gonna take anoter 21 game days. Just long enough for me to turn some more Empire Lords traitor  :twisted:

Will probably have the knights fully decked out by late tonight. I'll post things then.  :grin:

90 million gold cheatercheatercheatercheater

I can understand players wanting to achieve what their knighthood orders units are supposed to wear..But isn't the long run supposed to build up to the players expectations of hard work? Sounds cheesy, but to me I think building your orders over time to achieve the end result to look badass is worth it. If I do it in a short amount of time it destroys that aspect of a game to "ok I did this, now what?" PoP has lots of features, but in the end its a limited supply.

You guys can cheat all you want, the looks of your orders should be based on what you know of items in-game and that of earning it, so it doesn't ruin that specific aspect value of the game.

Then again some of you are doing this for sheer posting reasons, but some of you, personally, shame on you.

I am doing it for sheer posting reasons and to share it :wink:, plus you can't add armor to the game anyways for your knights so you have to make a new unit anyways so what's it matter what my chokidhfs wear it's not like it doesn't cost a qualis gem to get them, like most knighthoods.

You guys care to much about cheating in a singleplayer game. Honestly I think the thing that was overlooked is the fact that you can just edit them to have the armor you want in the first place and the stats you want them to have which bypasses the whole problem of not being able to give them custom/edited into your game armors and weapons, you could make their stats weaker so it takes longer to train them if you wanted to make it seem fairer. No need for spoilers in a thread that says possible spoilers. :wink:

Ps: Bacon is cool

Back
Top Bottom