Voice Chat for us :) (Ventrilo)

Users who are viewing this thread

The thing is, you hit "I agree" to pay $5000.  Most E.U.L.A.s don't make you agree to automatically pay if you breach the agreement (although the way that these companies are going, I think they're going to pick up on this trend quickly).  So far, they usually just say that you'll have to stop using the software if you don't keep the agreement.

So don't break the E.U.L.A? Seems fair enough, if you do and they catch you you're going to be in hot water with any program.
I'll swing by once I get my computer up, which should be tonight.

That's kind of saying, "If you don't break the law, you won't have to worry about it" to excuse police brutality and power abuse.  That you were breaking the law by speeding does not give them the right to pull you bodily out of your automobile, beat you, and Taze you.

They're fining you, saves the court doing it anyway.
How are you even going to break the E.U.L.A for voice chat anyway? I wouldn't want to continue with an old version so no worries about not keeping up but what are the chances they'll actually enforce that?
So in fact it's saying "if you break the law, we might arrest you".

You'll see when Ventrilo takes your ass to court for using an old version Recoat. Then you'll be sore, you fools will all be sore! The only victors here will be the evil, totalitarian, probably Satan worshiping Ventrilo (who I've nicknamed the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei or NSDAP), and of course, Benny Moore.

Then you'll see.

Benny Moore said:
That's kind of saying, "If you don't break the law, you won't have to worry about it"
Exactly right
to excuse police brutality and power abuse
So you're suggesting that all of the Ventrilo staff are hiding in their offices saying "HAHAH! WE HAVE MADE THE EULA! WE'RE GOING TO BREAK IT BY USING AN OLD VERSION AND NO ONE CAN STOP US!"? Because you certainly seem to be.
That you were breaking the law by speeding does not give them the right to pull you bodily out of your automobile, beat you, and Taze you.
Don't speed then. I'm not sure where you might live, but the police around here generally just ask the driver to get out of the car :roll:

Or, if you're on the IRC, shout “To ventrilo!” or similar: you have an almost 100% chance then :razz:

Pretty much they put in those clauses so that Ventrilo can stop people from not-updating their version which my have security flaws to stop people from doing things to other peoples computers, and the $5000 enforceable fine is to make hot-headed hackers think twice. Granted if Ventril takes advantage of this and goes fining people left and right for money, it'll get on the news, they'll lose all their business, and SOME lawyer will find a way around it, which all the other sued people could repeat.

If Ventrilo is such a big problem (i havent updated it too to be honest), why dont you use a different program that is less annoying with clauses and stuff, like Teamspeak? I might be able to get you guys a 25/35 slot TS server in 2 months time for free since i can set up voice and gameservers (it does cost a tiny bit of money and first i have to arrange my finances lol..  and since im not even sure if i wont get kicked out of my appartment by the end of this week, im not going to promise anything lol).

Im not that super active on the forum, as ive only bought M&B a few months ago. So i dont know any of you guys, but maybe that could change in the coming 2 months :razz:

Back
Top Bottom