Voice Chat for us :) (Ventrilo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Jlgx50 said:
was there actualy anyone on there because when I joined It was just me ?

I've seen up to four people on at any one time, and usually they're all different chaps. It just depends on when you join.

Well, software and hardware prices don't actually change like that, as (I think) Vista was £200 and $200 in the States :razz:

Ventrilo is great fun. It puts a voice behind the name and avatar.

Vilhjalmr said:
Has anyone managed to use it to talk with each other? I've only been on once with another person (Instag0) but I couldn't get him to answer.

Yes. There have been as many as four of us all online talking to each other. Sorry that I wasn't answering. If I don't answer it means I'm AFK.

Yeyinde said:
Anyone still using it? If not, may ask you to? It could be bloody awesome!

Ill go ahead and idle there tonight while testing .900 to provide my fans an opportunity to speak to Whoopin.

Talk to you guys this evening after 6pm PST.

Been there just chillin, dont all try to connect at the same time - Ill be here for this evening to answer your questions.

ventrilord8.jpg

Dont forget to get the latest update to 3.0, its required to connect to Instagos updated server.

I'd give it a shot, but I don't use the latest version of Ventrilo.  I read the E.U.L.A., and it states that you automatically owe Flagship $5000 if you breach any part of the agreement.  Enforceable or not, I'm not clicking "I agree" to that, especially since the agreement also states that simply not updating your program when a new version is released is a breach of the agreement.  I'll stick to the old version, where there's no $5000 clause and thus the worst that they can theoretically do to me is to stop me from using the program.

I wish it were.  Since most people don't read E.U.L.A.s (or, if they do, click "I agree" regardless of what is contained therein in order to install the software), companies have decided that they can put anything they want in there.  They know people won't complain, let alone stop using their products.  People like me, who refuse to buy or install a product unless it has a reasonable E.U.L.A., are very few.  The fact that I'm the only person out of three pages of Ventrilo users to have pointed this out is proof of this.

Flagship may, at its discretion, make updates or new versions of the Software available to you under such terms and conditions as may be required by Flagship.  In the event that any such updates or new versions of the Software are made available to you, you agree to update, delete from your computers and/or otherwise discontinue use of previous versions of the Software.  Unless otherwise stated by Flagship in writing, this Agreement shall apply to any updated or new version of the Software issued by Flagship.  However, Flagship may, at its discretion, terminate this Agreement upon issuance of any new or updated version of the Software and require that you to enter into a new license or addendum covering the new or updated version of the Software.
That's fairly bog standard. Infact, it's common sense. Why would you want to use outdated software when it might contain security vulnerabilities, bugs, and other glitches that would otherwise impair performance? Think about operating system updates (note: updates, not upgrades such as changing from XP to Vista, or something), or browser updates, which, if left unpatched, could lead to loss of data or other problems.

Besides, it's not like we're paying for the software, so it would be bloody difficult for them to sue you for not upgrading when they haven't got any information on who you are or where you live.

Cymro said:
Why would you want to use outdated software when it might contain security vulnerabilities, bugs, and other glitches that would otherwise impair performance?

The old version doesn't contain the $5000 clause.  Speaking of which, you seem to have forgotten to quote that part.

Yes, because I'm really going to quote several pages of text in one post :roll:

10.6 Liquidated Damages.  You hereby acknowledge that damages for breach of this Agreement may be difficult to prove, and you agree that should you breach any provision of this Agreement, you will pay Flagship the sum of five thousand dollars ($5,000.00) for each such breach.
Seeing as how most of the agreement has something to do with piracy, copyright and so on, that's a fair clause. If you did have to go to court, would you rather be charged this, or an unspecified amount which the prosecution can decide depending on the circumstances of breaching the agreement (which could be hefty)?

Back
Top Bottom