[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Please allow Runed Bastard Swords to be upgraded like normal Rune Swords. If you feel this would be too over powered, then simply make it more difficult to obtain/upgrade (like maybe costing 2 qualis stones instead of 1). Cutting weapons appear to do even less damage against armored people than in vanilla M&B:WB, and everyone is armored in this mod. This makes the bastard sword nearly useless to me, being as I normally take on the lords, so I don't lose 20 soldiers trying to kill them.

jacksin125 said:
Please allow Runed Bastard Swords to be upgraded like normal Rune Swords. If you feel this would be too over powered, then simply make it more difficult to obtain/upgrade (like maybe costing 2 qualis stones instead of 1). Cutting weapons appear to do even less damage against armored people than in vanilla M&B:WB, and everyone is armored in this mod. This makes the bastard sword nearly useless to me, being as I normally take on the lords, so I don't lose 20 soldiers trying to kill them.

Get another sword perhaps?

As that weapon is actually used by units within the game, that suggestion will severly backflash on yourself.
If you lose 20 soldiers while you go "after lords" you should rethink your tactics and character build and invest in a medic.

On top of that, if you have more than 3 Power Strike the Runed Bastard Sword is actually pretty damn brutal

I think a better suggestion would be to have a slightly longer runed sword at the Mines of Al-Aziz. That puny little butterknife with 63 reach is just annoying IMO

noosers said:
As that weapon is actually used by units within the game, that suggestion will severly backflash on yourself.
If you lose 20 soldiers while you go "after lords" you should rethink your tactics and character build and invest in a medic.
I do have a medic, they do get knocked unconscious instead of killed, and I don't mean just lords, I mean any heavily armed and armored enemy. The problem is, when you have a below 500-man army, 20 soldiers getting knocked unconscious by one person could easily be the reason you lose the battle. And as for the fact that enemies use it, they don't have to use the upgraded version.

fidoman1272 said:
On top of that, if you have more than 3 Power Strike the Runed Bastard Sword is actually pretty damn brutal

I think a better suggestion would be to have a slightly longer runed sword at the Mines of Al-Aziz. That puny little butterknife with 63 reach is just annoying IMO
I have 4 power strike and it's not too brutal. However, I agree that the runed sword should be longer. That's why I want to be able to improve the bastard sword. I often misjudge the distance with a shorter weapon when on horseback (and miss), and I can't swing in front of my horse with such a short sword.

zykox said:
Snake Cult + Azi DahakaSomething else, it would be nice if Azi Dahaka would also...well...talk. Threats or insults or whatever. Just feels like all other gods (even minor ones with barely any importance...e.g. Vanskerry Haf Sigla) talk.

Good idea and it may extend to other bosses as well.

Taking the vile snake goddess for example: when you just start out fighting against her minions, she will from time to time taunt you with an omnipresent voice, describing you (adventurer) as puny, weak, and that she cannot possibly take the likes of you seriously.

But as you progress more and kill more and more of her minions and complete more storyline quests, her taunts slowly turn to worry and anger. If there's a final battle/quest, then her taunts will be curses and rage the closer you progress towards the final battle/quest.

This gives a bit of sense of accomplishment, progress, immersion and role-playing true feelings.

RaVeN said:
zykox said:
Snake Cult + Azi DahakaSomething else, it would be nice if Azi Dahaka would also...well...talk. Threats or insults or whatever. Just feels like all other gods (even minor ones with barely any importance...e.g. Vanskerry Haf Sigla) talk.

Taking the vile snake goddess for example: when you just start out fighting against her minions, she will from time to time taunt you with an omnipresent voice, describing you (adventurer) as puny, weak, and that she cannot possibly take the likes of you seriously.

But as you progress more and kill more and more of her minions and complete more storyline quests, her taunts slowly turn to worry and anger. If there's a final battle/quest, then her taunts will be curses and rage the closer you progress towards the final battle/quest.

This gives a bit of sense of accomplishment, progress, immersion and role-playing true feelings.

I don't give suggestions much because I know that the man-hours working on the game is extremely limited but these are the types of things I'd like to see. More immersion, lore, anything that can give the impression of having more effect on the game world.

Montague said:
RaVeN said:
zykox said:

I don't give suggestions much because I know that the man-hours working on the game is extremely limited but these are the types of things I'd like to see. More immersion, lore, anything that can give the impression of having more effect on the game world.

You guys have only seen maybe 20% of the complete lore.    Azi Dahaka, well, is not a god or goddess.  She passes herself off as one, as it is convenient. The Gods are fearful of her, but do not have the power to confront her directly.  Thus they speak to mortal "vessels", such as your character, to assist. 

Can Mettenheim, Barclay, Meltine, etc. be added as possible cultures for a rogue king? Since the minor factions seem to be really interesting.

SirKao said:
Can Mettenheim, Barclay, Meltine, etc. be added as possible cultures for a rogue king? Since the minor factions seem to be really interesting.

They have Empires on continents far away from Pendor. We haven't seen what kind of might they provide except by their spawns. There are only so many units and unit trees for minor factions that they aren't considered major. They lack the diversity of Pendor cultures as they are usually rogue, ruffians, or expeditionary forces.

MitchyMatt said:
SirKao said:

They have Empires on continents far away from Pendor. We haven't seen what kind of might they provide except by their spawns. There are only so many units and unit trees for minor factions that they aren't considered major. They lack the diversity of Pendor cultures as they are usually rogue, ruffians, or expeditionary forces.
Yes, but wouldn't they want a foothold in the land of Pendor? And what I meant by it was that the possibility of them being fleshed out more so that they would be able to become a culture(troop trees, etc.) I already know that it's unrealistic, but it would be interesting to see if they were.

SirKao said:
MitchyMatt said:
SirKao said:

Yes, but wouldn't they want a foothold in the land of Pendor? And what I meant by it was that the possibility of them being fleshed out more so that they would be able to become a culture(troop trees, etc.) I already know that it's unrealistic, but it would be interesting to see if they were.

Lot of it was going to be fleshed out in 4.0, but seeing that hasn't happened it is unlikely to happen as you have said. They don't have the man power to invade an already militarized Pendor, it would be a waste of resources and just be a farce. Assuming I know where the continents lie, Fierdsvain shores are the area they would most likely arrive on and they can pump out armies like nothing.

As for troop trees, they are good enough. They suit each minor factions roles perfectly (Mettenheim = Infantry) etc. Just adding more factions would start feeling congested like other mods and the map compliments 5 major (plus 1 if you count the player) factions perfectly. Besides, Mettenheim and Barclay have growing interests (Snake Cult, territory) in Amala, as the lore there is still the same as it was several years ago.

Hi!
I have some questions. Is it possible to add to a PoP options like for example "road to become a great lord" Recently i got an idea that it would be  super  cool if after becoming a lord of Sarleon for example or other  country one could rose to even greater power within political borders of this country. Firstly player  would be lord  next after  meeting some conditions he  would become baron for example and then mby count, Duke etc....? Ofcourse it would come with more political, military and economical power. For example King could simply give us prize for big  achievements  on the field of battle by giving us  money, troops or another village.

Another  idea  i had  about  economy and things to buy, sell... is it possible to add some more  commodities? For example sugar?

One mor idea... Wouldnt it be  fun to  have some more  places  to explore on the map like  for example old ruins or maybe quarries or salt mine where your slaves  could work daily to earn you money? :0

It is strange that more expensive and even looking more sturdier Knightly Heather Shield has only 220hp while almost similar Knightly Kite Shield has 470hp. Even Horseman's Kite Shield has more HP despite its lower resistance and higher speed. It seems that Knightly Heather Shield intended to be best of this shields type (it was iirc) and its very low HP looks like an oversight or error.

Hi there!
Great mod, I used to play it for quite a long time and now I am waiting for the update  :smile: , so I would like to share some suggestions:
1. What about improving quality of the world map (It bothered me from even earlier versions :grin: )? I mean: better shapes of the mountains, highlands (there is a region which is near sea and land is below level of sea, it looks strange, probably near Cez), shapes of coasts, cliffs, maybe adding some roads from town to town, stretching map a bit so the player won't see edges of it. Game experience is currently great, but it would be nice to have a good quality world map, for example something like in ACOK mod.
2. What about adding some neutral locations. (I see that Sylfa aldready mentioned that hehe) Maybe some mines like iron mine, gold mine, silver mine, quarry. Player could buy some resources there and they would be cheaper than in towns. He could eventually sell prisoners there and maybe even place some there to work for him.
3. Maybe adding some locations where we could meet people who would tell us about history of Pendor (this idea is from ACOK mod). Something like old ruins, battlefields, towers etc. There could be a person who would teach us about history of Pendor in game and eventually small experience reward for visiting such a place.
4 Maybe making more new scenes to D'Shar villages? Actually, I have never played with them, but it seems that there is only one scene or I am wrong? New scenes = relocationg some tents etc.
5. What about adding some random events like in Viking Conquest mod or ACOK? These would happen from time to time and depending on thedecision of the player there could be different results like: honour, renown (lost or increase), joining some troops, finding some gold, maybe few events with stats increase (or decrease, but not permamently) etc.
6. The last one. What about adding some locations (additional ones) with treasures (idea from VC), like fort with bandits (when player loot it, he will obtain a lot of gold and unique weapon), home of the old hero (his equipment after defeating him) etc. I know there is already a lot of ways to obtain good equipment in Pendor, but it's only a suggestion  :wink: .
As English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes, I am still learning.
I hope the update will be released before October :grin:  (Need to go to college for next year, It would be nice to play before that hehe).

I feel that you should still be able to get the unique spawn's items if you kill them(e.g the two noldor and maltise) just by stripping their corpse of their gear. Personal opinion though

Edit: also, the ability to be married with the noldor, if possible

Will Pendor implement that overhead thrust animation for two handed polearms? I love that animation. It makes the weapon actually useful for stabbing.

Back
Top Bottom