[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be nice to have an extra mission when helping a KHO where the fighting would take place in villages to add some diversity, maybe even force it to be a dismounted battle.

Something like clear a few villages of an infestation of Snake/Heretic/(other rival minor faction).
Or maybe there could be some Order rivalry in there. Something like a rival order is building a shrine or doing some other shenanigans and you have to clear out the mess.

while i agree that more knight orders interaction would be cool, i dont know how  much feasible that would be, they arent suppossed to be something as important as minor faction or major one i think, however it would be cool if there could be something like an event where an order faction goes to war against another, and not small skirmishes, flat out war numbers akin to a minor faction unique spawn army.

however it would be need to keep balanced in a way that these spawns would not engage anything other than the order they hate, otherwise having a large number spawn on a player owned city/castle with a chapter of it could become quite advantageous to them and unbalanced

Epicrules said:
Avenger93 said:
blah blah blah blah CKOs

It's only "unbalanced" if you're A) using cheats or B) have played long enough (like 600 days+) that it doesn't really make a difference either way unless you're seriously getting your ass kicked.

Or you can pick a location that is easy to defend, take that, set up your CKO and then let all the world charge at you with 2k+ armies that you butcher, sell the loot for cash and release the lords for honor+prestige. You then proceed to shove all the funds into your order's gear and because you'll be fighting constantly getting high level and stat companions is not a problem. Meaning you can preety much have terminators in 200-ish days IF you are at war with everyone. But lets not even bother with CKO's here, you can just do the same thing with a standard order and all you need is to rack up the cash and prestige and get ultimate war gods even faster. I'm running around with just 50 gryphon knights and the only things that give me pause are extra large spawns (like 500+top tier units plus auxiliary). This is exactly the kind of **** that made vanilla a bore and the only difference is that here you just have to play a little while before you can do it. Sieges a total joke too.

And the thing that really anoys me is this: KOs are, stat-wise, perfectly balanced as they are in game. So why then can we simply buff them? Here's an ideea: instead of a boring stat grind that turns them from balanced units to use in your strategies into borefest F1+F3 and do something else, how about you set up a chapterhouse and then you build up realtions with the order, thus gainig their trust and allowing you to induct more of your nobles into their ranks and take them in your army. That way they stay balanced AND you get an actual reason to do knight order quests. AND you also tone down the abuse of KO units.

In my latest game I was grandmaster of the gryphons (role-playing as a pendor king) and after i campaign around a bit with my army and lords and have some fun battles I notice my balance sheet is negative and Cez is the guilty fief. So I come back to Cez and find 200 Knights and some 600 Retainers in the garrison ... so right now I have 2 options: I use these units to just F1+F3 my way across the map or I disband them and keep using my combined army and keep playing smart and having fun. You're telling me they are balanced when they just give free top tier (if not upgraded) or imba (if you upgrade their stats) units? This is why a limit on their number which increases as relations with the order increase makes alot more sense than just massive armies of imba units spawning out of thin air.

iskar said:
Yep, 3.611 stops the auto recruiting at about 30 knights and 50 retainers.
can confirm it

currently owner of javikshol, the "free" valkiries ive got so far have been 31 lady valkyrie and 60 lady einherjar, of which some i got for free from doing bounty claim quests, and these numbers havent risen since a while

I cant believe no one wants siege weapons or at least more options at a siege instead of: a) charging up a ladder b) charging up a ladder. Im sad now.

In newer releases, more story elements would be nice

Xzayler said:
I cant believe no one wants siege weapons or at least more options at a siege instead of: a) charging up a ladder b) charging up a ladder Siege tower. Im sad now.

Keep in mind that this is Warband, and the Warband engine has it's limits especially in regards to scenes. You can't really make catapults that fire projectiles at walls and then destroy them to create a breach while in battle, it's just not feasible.

I didnt meant breach in the walls. I know thats too much of a change, but just to shoot people. Like, for extra firepower.

Lol probably. Unless you had like 3 shots only and you'd have to build it for extra couple of days and some money. I don't  know. If I had to choose though, I'd go for more lore quests instead of siege weapons without thinking about it twic

Epicrules said:
Keep in mind that this is Warband, and the Warband engine has it's limits especially in regards to scenes. You can't really make catapults that fire projectiles at walls and then destroy them to create a breach while in battle, it's just not feasible.
It IS feasible. You just make two or more scene props, one being the normal indestructible castle but with gaps and cracks, and the other destructible one(s) with lots of hit points filling them. Whenever one of the latter gets hit, negate the damage if it's below a certain limit (would mean that it's done with a normal puny weapon).

That said, I certainly wouldn't want it to be implemented.

Just to be clear, I never wanted catapults to break walls and stuff. I was thinking more of like optional belfrys that you can build for more time or a ballistae or whatever. More tactical siege equpment instead of big trebuchets to destroy the whole castle.

The issue of siege weapons i bassically this: implementing trully extensive catapults and realistic siege tactics would be A) a ****load of work B) difficult to do with the WB engine and finaly C)completly **** up the AI.

As for doing things like a ballista to be manned by you ... it will be an insta kill weapon for one. So how do you balance it? you can give it atrocious reload time, but then the player will just fire one bolt and then lead the charge. If you give it fast reaload, then you give it only a few bolts. So then the player fires those and is done. In the grand scheme of things you eliminate ... say 1 to 5 or 10 enemy defenders (because I doubt the code supports an effect that allows a bolt to go through multiple targets). What does that acomplish in the grand scheme of things versus a garrison of a couple of hundreds?

So in sumary: Go big and **** up the game or go reasonable and end up with something that took work but is mostly cosmetic and with no real impact on the game.

What would improve the siege scenes in my humble opinion would be if they were bigger. Allow for several laders or maybe 2 siege towers to move on larger castles/town walls manned by more men (since even on my 2 year old laptop I can run battles at 1000 size with no issues I think it to be doable). Let all those extra bits of fortification that are just cosmetic (like those wooden archer posts on the side of a castle) be used for something. Make the siege scenes resemble the Order fortress (once it;s upgraded) more with more ladders and fallback positions for the defenders is what I would suggest to improve the quality of sieges.

On an unrelated note: could we maybe see something along the lines of these in the game?

large.jpg
AH3808L%20Viking%20Winged%20Helmet%20lg.jpg
10657833_2.jpg
a_greek_bronze_winged_helmet_of_chalcidian_type_late_classical_period_d5385415h.jpg
d5274126l.jpg

They would fit both the Empire and the Fierdsvain (depending on helmet style) and would look way better than the absolutly retarded winged helmets now in game.

Back
Top Bottom