[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd really like to see shoshuro's visual improvements implemented! That **** looks nice!
If it isn't, how do I get my hand on the source material?

What does OSP stand for, ist it a file extension, or an abbrevation?
I've not meddled sufficiently with the occult to know this :razz:

ericmyrs said:
I'd really like to see shoshuro's visual improvements implemented! That **** looks nice!
If it isn't, how do I get my hand on the source material?

What does OSP stand for, ist it a file extension, or an abbrevation?
I've not meddled sufficiently with the occult to know this :razz:
Where are these visual improvements? A quick search turned nothing up.

Here

But i ve made some changes and also reworked some other units, may do another post at some point :smile:

@ericmyrs OSP stands for Open Source Project, models/meshes you can use for free in a mod

I suspected as much. I also suspect that there is a Forge page full of goodies like that.
Would you mind posting a link to the files, or their names, so I can find them in the Forge?

The Sarleons look damn good with DAT ANGLO heraldry!

I just finished PoP, and I felt the following could really balance out the OP of CKO at the end game:

The Mirror Hero: At a random point towards the end-game, a Mirror Hero spawns. This is an extremely able figure, potentially a demonic magnus, that is followed by a few mighty guardians AND has the same army composition as yours (including all lords joining-in). This will make for a really hard and satisfying challenge.

The Knighthood Rebellion: it turns out that the entire time you were building your CKO, a snake cult agent was working from within, and has now amassed an army of 100 of your knights and 150 of your sergeants (ideally, the overall number should be a function of the player's leadership/renown).  Time for you to face the power of your own KO.

tombarakus said:
I just finished PoP, and I felt the following could really balance out the OP of CKO at the end game:

The Mirror Hero: At a random point towards the end-game, a Mirror Hero spawns. This is an extremely able figure, potentially a demonic magnus, that is followed by a few mighty guardians AND has the same army composition as yours (including all lords joining-in). This will make for a really hard and satisfying challenge.

The Knighthood Rebellion: it turns out that the entire time you were building your CKO, a snake cult agent was working from within, and has now amassed an army of 100 of your knights and 150 of your sergeants (ideally, the overall number should be a function of the player's leadership/renown).  Time for you to face the power of your own KO.
Knighthood orders are kinda meant to be like that; the ultimate reward for the hard word you've put in creating them.

Any chance that you guys will add a visible bridge near the Singal river crossing so players can actually see it? I also think there is on near Torbah leading into the desert that could use a bridge.

Knighthood orders are kinda meant to be like that; the ultimate reward for the hard word you've put in creating them.

I don't think you follow my meaning here; I meant that there is a need to balance out the fact that by the end game, your knighthood order can simply F1+F3 anything in Pendor. It just makes the game a little less interesting and challenging. Also, at this point, there is very little reward to the skills of the character you have so patiently developed - there is no need for you to fight anymore.
The challenges I purposed are meant not only to pose a serious challenge but also to affect your strategy -- if you make your knighthood order too powerful, well, you will have a greater challenge at the end, so you may want to design it a bit more carefully. Also, it provides a reason for you to fight in person and to take advantage of all your hard earned skills.

I may be completely insane, but I vaguely remember a little note in the game saying "Noldor friendship not required for victory any more" or something along those lines. Used to be a huge Tolkien fan and went complete fan-boy after the Noldor, until I discovered WH and WH40K... let's just say the xenos and heretics must burn now.

But yeah, unless I am insane and you don't have to suck up to the pointy-eared frilly girls, does anyone have an idea of what to change in the files so I can at least ignore them and win (since I know conquering their castle is physically impossible)?

DoomDude1 said:
I may be completely insane, but I vaguely remember a little note in the game saying "Noldor friendship not required for victory any more" or something along those lines. Used to be a huge Tolkien fan and went complete fan-boy after the Noldor, until I discovered WH and WH40K... let's just say the xenos and heretics must burn now.

But yeah, unless I am insane and you don't have to suck up to the pointy-eared frilly girls, does anyone have an idea of what to change in the files so I can at least ignore them and win (since I know conquering their castle is physically impossible)?

Still need to befriend them, but no longer have to defeat their unique spawns to win.

antlan87 said:
Still need to befriend them, but no longer have to defeat their unique spawns to win.

Oh, I see... Anyone have an idea where the .cfg file that controls this is?

And before anyone starts calling me out for "not appreciating the devs' hard work", I have beaten the game once or twice their way. I just want to be able to win as a bigoted, paranoid elf-hater, that's all.

DoomDude1 said:
antlan87 said:

Oh, I see... Anyone have an idea where the .cfg file that controls this is?

And before anyone starts calling me out for "not appreciating the devs' hard work", I have beaten the game once or twice their way. I just want to be able to win as a bigoted, paranoid elf-hater, that's all.

Pretty sure it's not possible to change something that is coded into the game thoroughly. Maybe just change relations using Morgh's or something, no idea if it will work.

So any chance that defeating heretic armies would improve your standing with the Order of the Dawn?

Seems a bit weird they're still chasing me after I smited a demon army.

MrBlitz said:
So any chance that defeating heretic armies would improve your standing with the Order of the Dawn?

Seems a bit weird they're still chasing me after I smited a demon army.

Maybe they believe you aren't righteous enough to not become corrupted by exposure to demonic forces, unlike them? That or they are pissed you outdid them.

Hello there.

It may be just me but those random Audio files that play when talking to for example a Lord can really be.. how to say.. stupid.

For example, saving a Lord who was otherwise sure to be defeated by the enemy, and then going into the "Thank you, bla bla" conversation with him, just to hear "I could easly crush you like a fly" seems rather stupid to me to bear.

I would suggest putting some different, not as offensive Audio files in there, or at least make it Relationship-based.

I've been playing around for quite some time and I thought I would offer some ideas that IMO can be easily worked into the game for the next release and would improve life for all players:

1)Considering we are wearing really baggy robes when sneaking, could we please get a short sword? Please? Oh and can guards spawn at normal guard spawn points and not right on top of my head? I tried with a char with 10 in ironskin and athletics and I simply could not outrun the guards because I get hit as soon as I spawn. Otherwise just remove the sneaking and just be done with it.

2)If I no longer need to fight the noldor to win, then can the noldor lord just give me the secrets of the special gear for CKOs?

3)Can CKO's and Knight Orders in general be toned down a little? I understand: they are the pinacle of what humans in Pendor can achieve as warriors. HUMANS. Not bloody gods of war the simply fart and kill everything on the field. For a mod that promotes smart tactics and boast a VI that actually uses tactics and forces you to play smart to simply shoot itself in the foot by adding an auto-win button is preety weird. I think the best thing to do is impose some limit as to how many of an order you can have. For example if you are at normal relations with an order (10 you get for founding a chapter) you can field 5% of your leadership as knights of that order in your party and same number as garrison in the town with the chapter. Or a fixed number. Increasing relationship increases said number of knights available to you. Joining the order and gaining ranks grants a bonus to how many troops of that order you can field, with maybe grandmaster being able to field as many knights of his order as he wants. This way we actually have a reason to bother smooching the orders and doing their quests and also major reason to become a grandmaster, while also preventing abuses. CKO's simply grant you knights as any other order at max relationship. I feel this would be way better than what I initially though of (stat nerfs). Creates gameplay mechanics AND fixes an imbalance? Win win IMO.

And one that is just a random though I had and it felt awesome:

4) Ever though about giving mystmountain tribes the help of giants? So they are actually a threat? Demons would also benefit from a larger model.

I really love the audio files. Companions talk really slow at times though. Like Alyssa seems to have been slowed down to 0.5 times the normal speech speed.

My proposition is a quest line for the Noldor involving a group of Noldor who hate the humans, and another group that don't. And the "good group" allies with you sonehow (maybe another quest) and helps defeat the bad Noldor in epic Noldor vs Noldor battles.

Another proposition: before battle, It would be nice to be able to set the starting formation of your troops. The default, archers to the front, infantry and cavalry to the sides, is horrible against Jatu charges and the sort. Moving the archers behind the  infantry and the cavalry far to the side to flanks just takes very long. I often start my battles with ctrl+F9.

And an extremely epic thing... Siege weapons. Yes! Having the option of building ballistae and catapults. How amazing eould that be?

Back
Top Bottom