[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

MitchyMatt

Grandmaster Knight
Post suggestions you may have here.

This is made to cut down on the threads being created by individuals who want to suggest stuff and the other handfuls there are.

Suggest if you'd like. Just take note that you are suggesting at things we may/may not look at or consider. These are your ideas, not the dev teams. If we find something of interest to us, we will consider it.

I suggest that the thread is renamed Fan Suggestion Thread, that troll post about when 3.7 is coming out has gotten to you. Also what do you mean these are our ideas and not the dev teams?

For me a lot of fun in pop is planing what i will do later and how i will prepare for later challanges in the game,so since we have armies attacking towns now i´d like to suggest the following.

If you have your own kingdom and own a certain amount of castles and towns there might spawn an invasion army from either snake cult or mettenheim( or barclay maybe) because they are afraid that the prophecy of madigan will actually come true and that they can´t stand against a united pendor which could probably even become a threat for their own islands.(as it will might actually happen in pop 4 )

Basically the army would spawn and immediatly head towards the city that you marked as your main city, but you would get a warning as soon as they arrive in pendor.

Now why do i want this?

At some point sooner or later you can spam order knights and the fun is gone (which is the reason why many players start multiple games (me included) because there is no challenge anymore and nothing you have to be afraid of.

I´m at day 410 and got about 4200 renown and the price for one order knight would be 23 prestige.(Difficulty is 120% no realistic save maybe thats my problem?)
200 order knights are enough to conquer a whole faction if used properly.

So all this would do is adding some spice to the late game and i think it actually would make sense lorewise since in case pendor should be reunited there will might be an "invasion" of amala in pop 4 so the snake cult and maybe one of the other minors should be afraid .

Also please add a pop up screen information in case a minor faction army attacks your town.I once didn´t see that little message (only the message that you see after they are done :/)and had to reload a 2 weeks older savegame.

Now i don´t want to demand any of this i only want to know what you think about it and eventually get by ass beaten in case that my whole point is flawed because i missed something.

Also great job i can´t stop playing since the release. My eyes are all red already though my holidays soon will end D;

AnddyiRaynor said:
I suggest that the thread is renamed Fan Suggestion Thread, that troll post about when 3.7 is coming out has gotten to you. Also what do you mean these are our ideas and not the dev teams?

Thanks for the correction, I fixed it lol. And these are fans ideas/suggestions. The dev team shares its own insights on the development board. This thread is based off what you guys say/offer up.

Forgive me if I am wrong on this, as I haven't gotten so far as to experiance it. But I am under the impression you are REQUIRED to have positive Noldor Relations to become Victorious, but I quite often find myself at a xenophobic standpoint with my army of 300 as we stare from Laira into the Noldorian Den. I was wondering, if it was possible to script a large event where you can crush them or force the Noldor to bow down to you.

Dilios said:
Forgive me if I am wrong on this, as I haven't gotten so far as to experiance it. But I am under the impression you are REQUIRED to have positive Noldor Relations to become Victorious, but I quite often find myself at a xenophobic standpoint with my army of 300 as we stare from Laira into the Noldorian Den. I was wondering, if it was possible to script a large event where you can crush them or force the Noldor to bow down to you.

Yes. I would love this so much.

Problem is, I think the prophesy says that you must hug noldors and give them kissies so it's fulfilled.

Bremmelgod said:
Dilios said:

Yes. I would love this so much.

Problem is, I think the prophesy says that you must hug noldors and give them kissies so it's fulfilled.

Ah, if it's a lore requirement I will not challenge it. I don't know, maybe my hate and anger can go towards Demons rather than pointy eared fiends

Bah. Just do the bare minimum and get to be buddy buddy with the Gauntlet. They will show you how to make music by applying a polehammer of mace to the skull of a Noldor. It is quite a nice sound as I understand.

Leave the tree hugging to the wussy archers of the Silvermists.

Arcanum said:
Bah. Just do the bare minimum and get to be buddy buddy with the Gauntlet. They will show you how to make music by applying a polehammer of mace to the skull of a Noldor. It is quite a nice sound as I understand.

Leave the tree hugging to the wussy archers of the Silvermists.

Yes.

Yay, a new official suggestion thread after those two... http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,126001.0.html and http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76040.0.html

My suggestion:
Make capturing prisoners easier or more flexible(though not that realistic like in Brytenwalda), because it's a bit painful to only use blunt weapons for it. Kills fun of choping heads with shiny Sarleon Arming Sword.

The way Blood and Steel did capturing prisoners was neat, making the amount of enemies "killed" that survived to be captured depending on your surgery and I think prisoner management skill, as well as some other things. It's just an utter pain to capture prisoners that aren't lords currently, and it makes investing points in prisoner management rather pointless except for the aforementioned easier capture of lords.

Epicrules said:
The way Blood and Steel did capturing prisoners was neat, making the amount of enemies "killed" that survived to be captured depending on your surgery and I think prisoner management skill, as well as some other things. It's just an utter pain to capture prisoners that aren't lords currently, and it makes investing points in prisoner management rather pointless except for the aforementioned easier capture of lords.
Which can be a of huge importance if you need to stop a war (it won't stop if lords are running free).

But I don't know. You get quite many prisoners from big battles. Do you actually need to capture more prisoners?
If you do hire/train sheriffs or equip your companions with blunt weapons.

Many things might need rebalance after that. Prisoners are quite valuable (many in the 200-300, some even around 600). Then there's the option of recruiting them which might prove OP with "more prisoners".
B&S had also huge armies, but did it have the amount of viable paths to money as POP or did it rely more on ransoming prisoners?
In Brytenwalda the sheer hardship of leveling your troops made recruiting Dena prisoners almost a no-brainer.

HUtH said:
Yay, a new official suggestion thread after those two... http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,126001.0.html and http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76040.0.html
That should give you a hint what is the real purpose of suggestion threads. :smile:

Suggestion threads may be read by devs when a release is under development. There was a window of opportunity for new suggestions from January to March, and they were encouraged at the time. Several were actually implemented in 3.6.
There is no new release under development now and new suggestions are kind of pointless, but that never stopped anyone from posting. This thread now serves the valuable purpose of keeping the rest of the forum free of debates about hypothetical features. :smile:

MadVader said:
HUtH said:
That should give you a hint what is the real purpose of suggestion threads. :smile:
There is no new release under development now and new suggestions are kind of pointless, but that never stopped anyone from posting. This thread now serves the valuable purpose of keeping the rest of the forum free of debates about hypothetical features. :smile:
[/quote]

My heart stopped for a minute, if their is no release under development then 4.0 is stopped aswell...
Right?

HO BOY, SUGGESTIONS TIME. Note that while this is made with 4.0 in mind, it's still applicable to 3.x.

Merchandise
One thing that's been bugging me more and more with PoP is how much useless merchandise there is to be had- I often find myself wandering around from town to town, traveling the whole world in a cycle multiple times until I find decent equipment. There's so much useless equipment that's made obsolete by much, much better equipment. I'm not talking about something that requires 11 Strength vs 12 Strength- I'm talking about two items that have the exact same requirements, but one is better in literally every single way. Even worse if there's equipment with HIGHER strength requirements, and is still worse is basically every single way.

I propose simply removing these less-than-useful goods from the merchandise list. I'm fine with having "obsolete" equips for troops and NPC's- but it really makes it annoying when you're going from town to town and keep getting really crappy shields, armor, and etc.

Please note I'm not saying "remove the crude/cracked/not-lordly/not-masterwork equips!". Just the ones that have base stats inferior to other equipment in the same bar (as in, equips that require the same exact things- such as armor and weapons with the same strength requirements).

Crossbows

Please, PLEASE make crossbows have better accuracy. Not a whole lot- but man, they pretty much suck at any range except 10 feet or closer. If it's not too much to ask, it'd also be nice to have Mettenheim arbalests be available for purchase. Dedicating to using crossbows on a character is painfully bad in PoP (without editing item values, anyway).

Selling Cattle

It'd be udderly fantastic if you could sell cattle somehow- it's annoying to raid a village, then be stuck with effectively useless cattle. So you just abandon them there (or slaughter them for really cheap beef that hardly nets you much profit anyway).

Raiding Villages

Maybe I'm just a baby, but it's EXTREMELY annoying that you can't cancel raiding a village. I'd be okay with it if NPC lords couldn't, but... they can. So you'll have crappy little lords with 20 men raiding your villages and running away, but if you have 100+ men raiding a village you're suddenly greeted by the enemy's entire friggin army and just have to take it.

I know it's more of a thing with Mount & Blade itself than PoP, but it'd still be great if this could be rectified. It'd be really cool if it actually required a certain level in tactics, too- like, you need (or someone in your party needs) level 5 or 6 tactics before you can cancel a raid.

...unless I'm really dumb and there already is a way, but AFAIK you can't.

Noldor Victory Requirement
As suggested earlier in the thread, allying with the Noldor (should they be in 4.0) should be optional. I would prefer it so there's a choice between either crushing their armies entirely, or allying with them.

Trade Goods Prefixes
A neat feature of Floris- this made trading a lot more interesting. It's nice to have cheaper foods if you're low on cash, and also nice to have finer foods if you have the dosh to throw around and want to keep morale high. In general, it makes trading a lot more interesting, too.

Hiring "Bad guys"
It'd be really, really cool if you could hire certain typically un-recruitable if you meet certain conditions. For example, to hire heretics and lead a heretic army, you'd need positive relations with the heretics. For all of them, you should need a negative honor rating. Probably not particularly lore friendly- but that's kinda the point of an open world game, no?

Keep in mind, I'm not suggesting making it possible to hire on demonic magni or the like- just easier access to certain troops without having to recruit them via rescued prisoners only.

AnddyiRaynor said:
What? You don't need to kill noldor spawns to win, just positive relations that was changed back in 3.5-.
Oh, shoot, really? My mistake. I remember reading that you had to kill the Noldor spawns, but I guess that's outdated or something, then.

Still, would be nice if you could ally with them OR kill them all to fulfill victory conditions.

Bremmelgod said:
I believe that the prophesy states that one must love the treehumping rats for it to be fulfilled.

Scum of the universe. I only put up with lethaldiran to remind everyone he's my slave and my *****, and he carries my messages of war, peace and army marshalling.

Back
Top Bottom