Chocim 1621, siege event! 250 players!

Users who are viewing this thread

chocimeng.png

Siege of Chocim fortress (1621) Battle of Chocim occurred from 2nd September to 9th October 1621 between Jan Karol Chodkiewicz's army of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Turkish army under command of Sultan Osman II. Hidden in a secured camp Polish-Cossack forces stood in the way of Turkish army near town of Chocim. Battle ended with a tactical victory of Commonwealth's army, sealed with a pact confirming peace treaty of Busza from year 1617. If we asked a question: What would happen, if army led by Jan Karol Chodkiewicz didn't win and was decimated at field of Chocim? Most likely survivors from Polish-Cossack army would flee to the fortress and fight for their lives there. The event will be divided into two parts: Battle in the field and siege of the Chocim fortress. In this battle there will be 250 participants from Poland and the whole world. Amount of slots is limited so I suggest you to hurry up!

Major informations about event
  • Battle will be held on a new Tawerna server where we will have 250 slots. (Server name: 1_Oblężenie_Twierdzy_Chocim)
  • Event will be played on two maps and two modes
  • Fortress will be defended by 110 men strong garrison. 140 players will attempt to capture it.
  • Units of random players will be formed, so everyone will be able to play no matter of whether or not they are in any clan. (Allocation of random players in teams will be done after registrations.
  • Defenders will be commanded by Oktawian
  • ....? will assume role of Sultan Osman II.
  • Event scenario will be flexible, but reflect actual battle.
  • Units list is shown below, every clan has to choose a unit for themselves and register as fast as possible.
  • Team Speak communicator is mandatory.

To take part in the event you have to:
  • To sign up you have to write in this thread. In case of Clans, remember to give a list of members willing to participate and means of contact with your leader or representative. Warning! Clan, which signs up is bound to bring as many players as they promised. In case of eventual changes, you must inform about them at least until 11.04. We sign up using full clan name.
  • Every clan has to specify which faction and unit they would like to play as. List of units is below. The first ones to sign up win.
  • Install Team Speak 3. Software used for voice communication, thanks to which you will hear orders from your commander.
  • Know all event rules and obey them
  • Systematically check the thread and it's first post.
  • Download and install The Deluge modification. You can find it at thedeluge.net.
  • Be ready for a big amount of fun.

Important information!
Meeting for clans leaders!Defenders and attackers have to discuss methods of attacking and defending the castle, in order to do so we will organize a meeting of commanders. We meet 13.04at 19.00.(GMT+1) (An hour before event). During the meeting clan leaders will be able to set whispers (TS communication), get to know their objectives and maps.

We are looking for two leaders to command Polish and English speaking units.

List of units:

Remember! We sign up and choose units according to the rule of who is first wins! Every unit has it's limits! Multiple clans can be in one unit, but will be separated into groups. Cavalry units will keep their classes on second map (Chocim fortress) but without their horses. Please declare your clan leader too.

RED- Unit no longer available
BLUE- Clan Name

Ottoman empire 130/140
  • Sultan Osman II+ Jannissary guard Aharo + 2 guards
  • Chan Dżanibek Gereja, Tartars (around 25 players) (jednostka ordyńcy, whatever equipment) /Chorągiew Wolentarska (25 players)
  • Hospodar Stefan Tomża, Wallahians/Moldavians (10 players)(Gonullu, whatever equipment)/Berserker Centurio (10 players)
  • 35 Sipahis (whatever equipment except for heavy horses)/Hakkapeliter ( 15 players)/Skrzydlata Kompanija (15 players)/Chłopaki ze Wsi ( 3 players) 
  • 30 Jannissaries (whatever equipment)Freikompania Pruska ( 20 players)/Armia Koronna ( 10 players)
  • 40 Azabs (Equipment: guns+short blades or bow+short blades or short blades+shields or polearms+short blades)/Regiment Gwardii Pieszej Koronnej ( 15 players)/Pappenheimer Kürassiere (15 players)

RON 110/110
  • Jan Karol Chodkiewicz + Hussar guard Oktawian + 2 guard
  • Piotr Konaszewicz-Sahajdaczny, 40 Cossacks /Tercios Bytom (15 players)/Towarzysze (5 players)/ Random Team (23 players)
  • Husaria 15 players (whatever equipment)/Regiment Wielkopolski (15 players)
  • Reiters 15 players (whatever equipment)/Freikompania ( 15 players)
  • Lisowczycy 10 players (light cavalry, whatever equipment, bows)Chorągiew Elearska (7-8 players)/Zemsta_Alkaidy ( 4 players)
  • Cossack cavalry 15 players(light cavalry, no chain mails, no bows) /Polski Regiment Wojskowy ( 10 players)/Kingdom of Aldoria (4-7 players)
  • Infantry 15 players (whatever equipment)/Regiment Wielkopolski (15 players)

Random players:
  • 1. Jędruś
  • 2. Kompiotronik
  • 3. Overlord
  • 4. Tom77
  • 5. Kniaz_Slawomir
  • 6. Agreal
  • 7. drago36
  • 8. Borys
  • 9. EliminatorT
  • 10. Iriasthor
  • 11. Ensis
  • 12. Abraham_Lincoln
  • 13. Senny
  • 14. Hunki
  • 15. Kalof
  • 16. blackfish
  • 17. KUBOTA
  • 18. Carlisan
  • 19. Cichoszek
  • 20. BuryZenoslaW
  • 21. Mateusz_Jedraszak
  • 22. XOXOL
  • 23. Shamble
  • 24. Odenar
  • 25. aztec26626
  • 26. jurdas
  • 27. Dulov
  • 28. Skrzydlaty

Players 240/250
Reserve 0/50

Teamspeak
Server: .
Password: none.
Channels: Every unit will have it's own one.

We gladly invite everyone to participate in the event. We especially encourage clans to sign up en masse.

News:

Hi,

Me, Iriasthor, I would like to join the siege battle as a random player. However, if it's permitted, I would like to join an infantry regiment rather than a cavalry one.

The castle is a few cannon. All clans will be able to have one or two engineers. If you find a clan that wants to take all the cannons- do not see the problem.

But you have to hurry. See the list of reported clans.

Warning! There are only 10 available slots left! After we reach the limit we'll start signing people up on a reserve list. Don't worry, it never happened to us that everyone who signed up to the first list actually showed up.

I assigned clan-less players to units. Please, check current unit list.

And question about Piotr Konaszewicz-Sahajdaczny, 40 Cossacks /Tercios Bytom (15 players)/Towarzysze (5 players)/ Random Team (23 players) - what unit will it be and what equipment should we take?

Hi!

Would it be possible to know the teamspeak direction to which random players have to access? I cannot find that information anywhere in this post and I think it's an important thing to know.

Thanks in advance!

Warning! Signing time came to and end. If someone would like to take part anyway, I  invite you to come to TS, surely there will be some free space.
I remind that the event will start at 20.00 GMT+1! Rules for regiments and TS adress below!

TeamSpeak adress: 178.217.186.86:9866
Password: none

I remind that every regiment/clan leader has to come at least an hour earlier in order to set units and communication. We meet 13 April at 19.00 GMT+1.

Units' rules:
  • Every unit of at least six men should have a banner bearer.
  • For every 10 people from a clan theres one engineer(optional). In case of clans with less that 10 people, there will be one engineer but only on the siege map (Chocim map).
  • Engineers! Remember that your grenades and axes will be more useful destroying gates than attacking enemies. Use your resources well!
  • Use loose formations. Clans can move as they please but remember that this is not Napoleonic era.
  • During the event communication will work like this: Faction leader -whisper-clan. This is why we ask clan leaders to stay focused.
  • All clans have their units assigned. Unit "Piotr Konaszewicz-Sahajdaczny, cossacks 40 players" is a unit of various cossack infantry classes. Every person or clan can choose their class..

When it comes to scenario. We predict a siege of Chocim. This bloody siege will later move to foregrounds of Chocim.

How odd, I seem to have overlooked this wonderful event. Can't guarantee anything but if I'm around I'll definitely pop into TS to fill in for any possible empty spots. In any case, good luck with the event.

As the event is at the same time my NW regiment has battle, I'm not sure if I can come, but I would like to be reserve in the case we can. The German Mercenary Hunters - Wolfpack

Back
Top Bottom