Read this if you have 32 Bit PC and want to play the mod!

Users who are viewing this thread

usnavy30

Grandmaster Knight
XP users:

Menu Start -> Run, type sysdm.cpl and press ENTER
a window should open, go to tab Advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings -> Edit
at this point you're editing your boot.ini file. Don't mess things up.
Look for the line with your operating system mentioned and add "/3GB /USERVA=2990" without quotes. Should look like this:
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=2990
just add only the "/3GB /USER...", don't erase or add anything else as it may corrupt your booting file
save changes and reboot

Fix for Window Vista and Windows 7 Users:

if you are running as an Administrator go to Menu Start -> Run, type cmd and press ENTER
if not go to Menu Start -> Programs -> Accessories, press RMB on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
in Command Prompt type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" without quotes and press ENTER
reboot

Hey, stealing my performance tweak thread stuff from the PW board.

At least let me tell you how horrifyingly misleading most of the information towards the top is.

Splintert said:
Hey, stealing my performance tweak thread stuff from the PW board.

At least let me tell you how horrifyingly misleading most of the information towards the top is.

Im sorry? This is from the moddb solutions to crashes we are trying to find solutions for those that crash.

We are not stealing anything this serves for a solution hopefully.

How is this misleading? This should be a guide.

Most of the reasons for crashing and fixes are merely speculation by people who have far too little technical knowledge to know what they're saying. For one, Warband doesn't even remotely use XNA or Silverlight. Secondly, crashing has absolutely nothing to do with the GHz of their processor. If you want, I'll try to help you clean up some of the things you have going here as to make a cleaner, more helpful thread after I get some more experience playing the mod.

Splintert said:
Most of the reasons for crashing and fixes are merely speculation by people who have far too little technical knowledge to know what they're saying. For one, Warband doesn't even remotely use XNA or Silverlight. Secondly, crashing has absolutely nothing to do with the GHz of their processor. If you want, I'll try to help you clean up some of the things you have going here as to make a cleaner, more helpful thread after I get some more experience playing the mod.
Please do if you can help us find a solution to these crashes that would be amazing.

Edit: Ive quoted your parts on the guide I hope this helps solves crashing in loading screen.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but everytime I try to enter a server I either automatically get kicked out or it says I have lost connection with the server and it is not my internet because I have a great connection. Many thanks to whoever helps me

The reason you get auto kicked is because you need to buy the game and activate the CD Key no torrents cracks or any of that sort. Or else auto kick will happen.

Go to Documents - Open Mount and Blade Warband folder Open rgl_config - Change the value in render_buffer_size to 2048 (Depend on your GPU RAM SIZE) - Change disable_frequency_variation = 0 (Change from 0 to 1) - Tick the box load single threading in your warband config if your pc is not multi-core - Try to load the mod to see if you crash at loading screen

Some more tidbits.

Mod crashes when I click on "To Battle". I don't know why this isn't working. I have all the programs needed to play it. I play many other games on my PC just fine.

I've also tried playing with the mod named "Full Invasion2" & "Full Invasion 2" with no success. There are no saved games to even delete (except for the folder in "My Documents" titled "Mount&Blade Warband" and "Mount&Blade Warband Saved Games" (saved games folder is empty).

Is your computer 32 bit? Unfortunately we are recieving reports 32-bit pcs are crashing and cannot handle the mod. Windows 7 should work fine.

Richardc269 said:
Guess I won't be playing this mod then. >_>
The problem with the 32bit OS is that it doesn't use all of your RAM. If I remember correctly, 32bit uses only 3GB of your RAM.

But this doesn't have to be something fatal, as the mod uses something between 2.0-2.5 GB. Optimizing your pc is a recommendation. Make sure you don't have any unnecessary processes running in the background while playing. Also, if you're not too clueless about computers, adjust your virtual memory. I don't know if it will work for you, but I found this to be a definite solution for most of my games' random CTD's.

Hope this helps.

It's 3.25 in 32-Bit.

You should just consider taking some content out. There are very few games that I play that have problems like this, and able to play most of my PC games just fine. My PC's about 4 years old now. I have an Intel dual core i7 CPU, and it's having problems even just loading the mod. The mod takes roughly 2 1/2 minutes to even just get passed the loading screen.

Seriously...take some content out. If it's making MY pc crash...then there's something about your mod that makes it crash.

Btw...in "fix-it" page...

"in Command Prompt type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" without quotes and press ENTER."

^---What the heck does this even do? It doesn't explain anything at all about it, and I don't like changing things in my PC if it's not explained.

Sorry, but your mod requires a lot of work to make this even work. I never had this problem playing the old FI. Limiting your mod to mostly 64-Bit is going to hinder your server list because they're unable to play. This is the 2nd mod to a game that's giving me so much trouble (the first mod being a mod for Civilization 4 that uses up a crap-ton of RAM because they added just as much content to the game as this mod is).

Sorry if I'm sounding pissed off, but it's just the way I type.

Well most people we know crashed at the loading screen if they have 32 bits, good that you passed the loading screen. Have you try lowering your settings to see if it crash. and did you try that trick where you change settings in rgl_config in mount and blade warband folder in my documents?

It won't pass the loading screen now. I have. I've tried changing it to 512, 2024, etc. Same results. I think my CPU is considered a Dual-Core, seeing as it says 2.67Ghz, and 2.79Ghz in the My Computer properties. Should I try turning off the thread option then?

Richardc269 said:
It won't pass the loading screen now. I have. I've tried changing it to 512, 2024, etc. Same results. I think my CPU is considered a Dual-Core, seeing as it says 2.67Ghz, and 2.79Ghz in the My Computer properties. Should I try turning off the thread option then?

Single Threading will use 1 pc core, not a good idea if you have dual core or multi-core. which will caused the crash. Yes turn it off

Okay. I turned off the Threading option. Game crashes at loadup. It crashes while loading a settings file. .ini I think?

I should also mention I have a screen that uses 1920x1080 screen resolution.

Richardc269 said:
Btw...in "fix-it" page...

"in Command Prompt type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" without quotes and press ENTER."

^---What the heck does this even do? It doesn't explain anything at all about it, and I don't like changing things in my PC if it's not explained.
The thread I referred to consists of a number of steps you could take, but I'm mainly referring to step "2. Adjusting VM":

Menu Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
    Performance -> Settings
    Advanced tab -> Change
    The tricky part is setting the values right. Microsoft suggests (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417 , Step 2) to set the minimal value as 1.5x of your RAM and maximal value as 3x your RAM (so if you have, for example, 2GBs of ram then minimal is 3.5GBs and max is 6GBs... so that's 3500MBs and 6000MBs). There's plenty of topics on the web with performances results and such revolving around this subject so... Google.
    Save, reboot

The problem right now, as was with 1257ad, is that FI2 is resource intensive. RAM and Virtual Memory are used to load these resources. If you lack either of those, the mod won't be able to load the resources fast enough, meaning it will crash. I think that 3GB RAM should, in theory, be enough to play this mod once VM is adjusted accordingly.

Richardc269 said:
Okay. I turned off the Threading option. Game crashes at loadup. It crashes while loading a settings file. .ini I think?

I should also mention I have a screen that uses 1920x1080 screen resolution.
You could try this:

usnavy30 said:
If you have 4GB of RAM, but crashed at loading screen because you have 2.50 Ghz, download this. (it will remove tons of buildings, so you will see invisible buildings but the mod will be playable for you)
http://www.mediafire.com/?n2nsd755i0cf0xv

But be sure to make a backup in case the changes made were undesirable. Also, try loading the mod under a lower resolution, I don't know if it helps but it won't hurt to try.

I completely understand your frustration with the instability this mod has at the moment, it's something the devs are trying to deal with gradually over each new version. They've tried many things from scaling down texture sizes, to cleaning up the resource files so they are of smaller size. These changes have had variable results for most players so far. We all hope that we can accomplish accessibility for as many players as possible at some point.

Back
Top Bottom