North American clan location

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it to far away to have a clan who would be based in north america (this means on the map it would be in north america, probably at L'Anse aux Meadows). I'm asking this because as it says in the forum post here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,197442.0.html , this mod strives for historical accuracy and while this would still be historically accurate, is it too far away to constitute being reasonably involved in some of the battles? so i am wondering if this can be ignored and if i can then make a north american clan that would be from Vinland (I also thought that it would be a good idea as a north america clan should be in north america)

I would say it is too far away, yes. It would make little sense for a group of Norsemen to set up a home in the New World and then make round-trips to the Old World for the occasional raid or fight.

Besides, some Norsemen who spent time in Vínland would never be "a clan from Vínland", but just that: some Norsemen who spent time in Vínland.

Rather, if you must play as Norsemen, I would suggest you found a clan/house/band of Norsemen who are based in Scandinavia but have on occasion travelled to a new place far in the West.

But I'm not a programmer or policy maker for this mod, just an old player with an interest in historical authenticity.

i to wish for historical accuracy, and I like the idea that they had at least been there before, I might just use that idea for a clan, with your permission of course.

Back
Top Bottom