Crazy Suggestions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
usnavy30 said:
Scorpia said:
Remove the ****ty factions.....
I plan to use Full Invasion as a base for factions, etc. Could you please elaborate on that statement.
Of course!

As we all know, every update, the loading screen takes even longer. And you cannot tab out, while it loads. That's understandable. But there are factions that are just seriously, never played, and/or hated. Like such:

Assassins Guild (S), The Super-Heroes, The Hammerite, The Hedge Knights, Kingdom of Bretonnia(S), Imperium of Man(S), Invasion of Skeletons,  Invasion of Little Ponies, Invasion of Creatures, Invasion of Alien Bugs, Invasion of Orks, Invasion of Demons

The (S) means, sometimes played. But really, they are switched soon after. Alien Bugs+ Are rarely used, and if they are, it's sometimes against the matching faction, I.E Future Marines = Alien Bugs. Orks are just, far too difficult. Considering half the players are used to auto block, and cannot even block their massive swords.

Also, some of the factions are far too difficult, early on. It's the Chinese Dynasty I believe, 6th or so round, or one of the early boss rounds. It's a massacre for the players. I can't fully remember, it's been a while since I fought the Chinese, but it was either xbows, or grenades.

There is a lot of factions, many of which I enjoy. Although a lot of them don't get played, and they probably won't. People usually play LotR and a few more. But those factions all contribute a lot of mod space, and it's only gonna get longer to load. I myself, want to play FI2, but really can't be arsed with the loading screens half the time.

Scorpia said:
As we all know, every update, the loading screen takes even longer. And you cannot tab out, while it loads.
You can always change the game into windowed mode (alt+enter) and it will continue loading even if you go outside the window.

But yeah, I truly agree with removing some of the never-used factions.

I have one funny suggestion.

Faction/Invasion of Robin Hood and the Merry Men. :grin:

Archers, swordsmen(1+2 handed), staff-fighters, priests, knife throwers, horse archers, archers with flaming arrows ( some Saracen fighters).

Their "uniform" could be some kind of leather stuff + some better armor.

Bosses: maybe the main characters. :grin:

This could be a little bit more unique than the Farmers for example.

+ a video: http://youtu.be/O37jxi38wfE?t=4m40s

Yo  :smile:

I love Full Invasion, and I have some constructive criticism on various things in the mod that have been bugging me for a while. Mainly, I want to talk about a few serious balance issues. I hope that you guys would read this and take the following things into consideration.
Brace yourselves for a lot of heavy feedback:

Archers lack skill: Increase the Power Draw skill and archery proficiency of all archer classes to a decent amount (refer to the skill levels of native archers)

I have noticed that most archer troops have basically zero Power Draw skill. This includes most of the LoTR troops as well (Legolas is awesome though!)
It makes shooting really difficult, because you can't keep the bow drawn for any amount of time. It doesn't make sense to have archer troops who can't shoot..

Crossbows: Make the reload speed a lot faster, refer to the native reload speed

Well, crossbows basically awful at the moment.
Have you noticed how utterly useless they are? If you go and try to shoot with crossbows, I can guarantee you that it makes you not want to use them. They takes ages to reload.
I can understand how you would want to make crossbows a bit slower for realism, but they have been nerfed to the point that they're not usable anymore.
Crossbows in native are amazing, and I hope that the reload speed would be increased.
(I don't know exactly how the special crossbows acquired from random chests handle, I'm talking about the crossbows that you can buy from the equipment menu)

Modern Era: Reduce the bullet weights to a realistic amount. (Applies to a few other factions using bullets) Increase the reload speed of shotguns. Increase the amount of bullets you can carry with shotgun and sniper classes. Drastically increase The accuracy and aiming speed of Automatic Weapons, especially the machine gun.

Modern era was nerfed quite a bit, and i can see why: people would just grab the shotgun, spam at the enemy with assault rifle ammo and win.
But holy ****! They got quite a nerf, didn't they?
Right now, from what I've seen and experienced, modern era is pretty useless. The bullets weigh a ton while being really scarce.
Just as an example, I found on the internet that a 100 round belt of 12.7 mm heavy machine gun ammo weighs 15 kg (33 pounds), while a 30 round magazine of assault rifle ammo weighs only a pound (0.45 kg).
So, the weight of the bullets could definitely use some fine tuning. (I assume warband uses kilograms, since it is made in Europe?)
The shotgun and sniper rifle can only be bought with 6 ammo. The shotgun also has one of the slowest reload speed in the mod.

Generally, most "automatic" weapons in modern era are horribly inaccurate and have a very slow fire rate. Especially the machine gun. Despite having 100 rounds in it, it is unbelievably inaccurate and slow to aim. Come on, it's a freaking machine gun! :razz: It should be a lot faster and more accurate than that.
(The problem with the machine gun is its very slow aiming speed, and its accuracy. both of those should definitely be fixed.)

Maps: Remove or fix buggy and broken maps

Frankly, some of the maps are quite buggy and have a low quality. Most maps are decent, but there are some bad exceptions.
I think that those buggy and broken maps should be removed or fixed.
The maps could definitely use some quality control.

That's all for now. Can't remember anything else to add

I think a defender faction called "Starship troopers" would be really awesome. And pure pink and dark blue hair colors, together with long piggytails for the female characters.

My suggestion: How about a defender faction based around Gotham City Police Department with police officers, swats, Gordon, Batman, Robin...etc and an invader faction based around Arkham Asylum inmates with Joker, Harley, Scarecrow, Penguin, Mad Hatter...etc.

How about Angel Defenders? Have wings and carry two-handed swords on fire. If you have demons, why not angels?

Another suggestion:

Gundabad, with azog and bolg etc (the hobbit) Erebor with the armors of the hobbit, basicvally all the stuff from the hobbit.

Pirates of the caribbean (Davy jones, Jack sparrow, barbossa, blackbeard...etc) factions.

Just going to drop this here.

Suggestion: Make it impossible for players to use the Mumakill, afther the bot on it is killed in a boss wave. Been seeing tons of times that players use the Mumakill. And use it to either simply run all the ai over and kill them. Or just keeps all the boss wave bots busy. Considering the Mumakil barely ever gets killed.

In my and some of my mates opinion. It's killing pretty much all the fun you can have, when you face a tough boss wave and some guy is just keeping them occupied while the rest of the team only has to fight a couple of them, instead of the whole bunch. Actually have to fight them properly and win only nearly with a couple alive is in our opinion more or less the fun side of playing full invasion.

This is pretty much the case when the factions are Middle-Earth vs Mordor on Minas Tirith. I'm sure there is a different scenario's on other scenes. But considering it's most of the time this setup when we play. It was quite noticable.

Could be completely wrong and mistaken and I'm sure others have entirely different opinions on this matter. But I guess putting this here is better then keeping it quiet.

Would love to see other opinions on this matter, and if possible a consideration to do something with this.

Cheers

gokiller said:

Suggestion: Make it impossible for players to use the Mumakill, afther the bot on it is killed in a boss wave. Been seeing tons of times that players use the Mumakill. And use it to either simply run all the ai over and kill them. Or just keeps all the boss wave bots busy. Considering the Mumakil barely ever gets killed.

In my and some of my mates opinion. It's killing pretty much all the fun you can have, when you face a tough boss wave and some guy is just keeping them occupied while the rest of the team only has to fight a couple of them, instead of the whole bunch. Actually have to fight them properly and win only nearly with a couple alive is in our opinion more or less the fun side of playing full invasion.

This is pretty much the case when the factions are Middle-Earth vs Mordor on Minas Tirith. I'm sure there is a different scenario's on other scenes. But considering it's most of the time this setup when we play. It was quite noticable.

Could be completely wrong and mistaken and I'm sure others have entirely different opinions on this matter. But I guess putting this here is better then keeping it quiet.

Would love to see other opinions on this matter, and if possible a consideration to do something with this.

Cheers
The invader boss mumakil mount you mean? That is do-able and shouldn't be any qualms as you can buy one.

usnavy30 said:
gokiller said:

Cheers
The invader boss mumakil mount you mean? That is do-able and shouldn't be any qualms as you can buy one.

The invader mumakil at wave 9 is considerably more powerful than the one that is available for players to buy. He has a case.

I think a good idea would be to add boss health bar above His head, or better in the top Centre of the screen. Albo add witcher fraction and creatures from this amazong game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom