[Disbanded] Clann Uí hUiginn

Users who are viewing this thread

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Looks great Hugh. Would love to see more of you guys in game...
Sorting out NW has been quite a ***** recently, a stupidly large influx of new members has made that a priority for a while.
We'll organize some game nights for this again when we get some control over the chaos. In any case, the upcoming event will show if we've managed to root out general incompetence enough.

It's alright, pal.
Also, we'll be playing more when things are straightened out like Shorty said, and when we have everyone in the Steam group etc.

Testing things for the forum post, not sure if I like the title in the post, but meh. It'll do haha.

Alright, sounds reasonable. Just be careful that you don't infect Víkingr with the special kind of mentality NW often seems to generate.  :razz:

OP looks great! Just tie it together with a few more bits and pieces, will look smashing!

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Alright, sounds reasonable. Just be careful that you don't infect Víkingr with the special kind of mentality NW often seems to generate.  :razz:

OP looks great! Just tie it together with a few more bits and pieces, will look smashing!

We're trying to discourage some of the attitudes people have while playing others game like they would NW, Vikingr is something much more unique and shouldn't be shouted at because you got killed too quickly.

And thanks, we will.

The banner looks great! Didn't know Hengwulf was involved, good job!  :eek:
It will be great getting to know you better, and indeed fight beside you in the Battle of Brúnanburh!

Yeah, I somewhat re textured an existing picture and I asked Hengwulf if he could help me make it a banner, and he did. :smile:
And I'm sure it'll be quite enjoyable slaying our enemies together.

It was no problem glad to help. You should still test it though, I wonder if the hand might be to big to show nice in the ingame circle.

Cheers

border2h.png
clann.png

97965132.png

huiginn.png

Hand of Clann Uí Néill

borderl.png

Information

History

The origins of Muintir Uiginn (gens) or O’Higgins have been obscured by time. The major genealogical sources compiled by Dubhaltach Mac Fhirbhisigh (fl.1643?) and Cú Choigríche Ó Cléirigh (fl. 1624-1664) seem to suggest that there were two historical branches of O’Higgins both claiming a common origin in their descent from Niall of Tara, the 126th King of Ireland who died about 406 AD. Ó Cléirigh’s  genealogies report that Muintir Uiginn were one of several branches of a population group known as the Cenél Fiachach, a branch of the Southern Uí Néill and that they were poets and men of letters as far back as the 6th century. The founder of the Cenél Fiachach was Fiachu Mac Neill a son of Niall of Tara and the 2nd King of Uisneach (fl. 507-514) in Mide which equates to the modern counties of Meath and Westmeath.

Clan O'Higgins are the holders of various lands stretching from Dublin to Meath and Westmeath to Connacht from the 400's AD until 1600's when the majority of them were driven from their lands for being Catholic under Protestant rule.
Being descendants of Niall Noígíallach of Tara (Niall of Nine Hostages), they have a birthright to be great men. From poets, bards and men of letters to mercenaries, kings and great warriors. Every O'Higgins feel they have the right to make his or her mark on the world, be it with compassion or cruelty, they are not to be trifled with lightly.

For several more pages of history: http://www.ohigginsclan.com/history.htm
(Not completely accurate about the naming origin nor century)

Roster

Áed mac Néill Ua hUiginn (Hugh Higgins)
Fear Ua hUiginn (Farmer)
Vémundr Ua hUiginn (Shorty)

Cinnéidigh Ua hUiginn (Paraffin)
Ragnarr Ua hUiginn (Wade Wilson)
Eòsaph Ua hUiginn (Joseph Foster)
Ádam Ua hUiginn (AdamDragon)
Ruaridh Ua hUiginn (Ryga)
Eóin Ua hUiginn (Perkins)
Garbán Ua hUiginn (Gould)
Cian Ua hUiginn (Safeaspie)
Odrán Ua hUiginn (Oscar)
Odar Ua hUiginn (Morgan BlackThrone)
Máel Petair Ua hUiginn (Peter Broetz)
Máel Pátraic Ua hUiginn (Windsnape)
Artán Ua hUiginn (Ysiri)
Art Ua hUiginn (Tweaky)
Lonngargán Ua hUiginn (Francis Warren)
Ōleifr Ua hUiginn (Jazz)
Áeducán Ua hUiginn (Dannicus)
Áedán Ua hUiginn (Diplex)
Néde mac Paitín Ua hUiginn (Menelaos)

Uallgarg Ua hUiginn (Kenway)
Eógan mac Conaill Ua hUiginn (John Aitken)

[td]
mrLp18y.png
[/td][td]
Clan Information

This Clan is fairly recent, most of us being from the Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars community and from the same regiment; 60th Regiment of Foot - King's Royal American Rifles. Most of us heard of this mod through our Captain Shorty and decided to give it a go, loving it we have chosen to make a Gaelic Clan, and being the only one of Gaelic heritage, we will be using the Clan I belong to.

In-game:
We have a class system, but don't really have set equipment, nor do we use rank tags in-game. We try keep the names authentic, though we do accept Scottish Gaelic, Irish Gaelic, Manx Gaelic and Scandinavian names (limited).

Banner Description:
Now, you're probably wonder why we're using the Red Hand of Clan O'Neill. Well, it's because the pre-Norman style Coat of Arms crest of Clan O'Higgins has been lost to the ages. So, being the sept of the Royal Clan of O'Neill, we (and the community) felt it would be much more accurate to use the Hand rather than a custom made banner.

Teamspeak & Additional Information

94.23.31.23:9998 - 60th Regiment of Foot - King's Royal American Rifles
Channel: Clan Uí hUiginn Mead Hall (for now)

If you would like to join come into the teamspeak or message  Áed mac Néill Ua hUiginn (Hugh Higgins), Fear Ua hUiginn (Farmer) or Vémundr Ua hUiginn (Shorty) in-game or on Steam.​

Special Thanks to:
Hengwulf - Banner tips and creation help
Hrotha - Accurate names
Danskr - Hex help
Celtichugs - For some 'borrowed' post ideas
Creators - For making the mod​

[/td]​

I agree with Þorkell, it looks too cluttered with the tables, in my opinion. I also thought it looked too NW-y, but I wasn't going to mention it because I thought that would be just me, haha.
Hrotha - Accurate names
There's still a couple of names that would need some fixin', if you can convince your mates. :razz:

hrotha said:
I agree with Þorkell, it looks too cluttered with the tables, in my opinion. I also thought it looked too NW-y, but I wasn't going to mention it because I thought that would be just me, haha.
Hrotha - Accurate names
There's still a couple of names that would need some fixin', if you can convince your mates. :razz:

I'm still yet to ask. Thanks for reminding me.

Edit: Also, he won't see for a while as he's American.

Back
Top Bottom