[Disbanded] Clann Uí hUiginn

Users who are viewing this thread

border2h.png
clann.png

97965132.png

huiginn.png

Hand of Clann Uí Néill Noígiallaich

History

The origins of Muintir Uiginn or O’Higgins have been obscured by time. The major genealogical sources compiled by Dubhaltach Mac Fhirbhisigh (fl.1643?) and Cú Choigríche Ó Cléirigh (fl. 1624-1664) seem to suggest that there were two historical branches of O’Higgins both claiming a common origin in their descent from Niall of Tara, the 126th King of Ireland who died about 406 AD. Ó Cléirigh’s  genealogies report that Muintir Uiginn were one of several branches of a population group known as the Cenél Fiachach, a branch of the Southern Uí Néill and that they were poets and men of letters as far back as the 6th century. The founder of the Cenél Fiachach was Fiachu Mac Neill a son of Niall of Tara and the 2nd King of Uisneach (fl. 507-514) in Mide which equates to the modern counties of Meath and Westmeath.

For several more pages of history: http://www.ohigginsclan.com/history.htm
(Not completely accurate about the naming origin nor century)

Information on the Clan

In-game Information:
Clan O'Higgins are the holders of various lands stretching from Dublin to Meath and Westmeath to Connacht from the 400's AD until 1600's when the majority of them were driven from their lands for being Catholic under Protestant rule.
Being descendants of Niall Noígíallach of Tara (Niall of Nine Hostages), they have a birthright to be great men. From poets, bards and men of letters to mercenaries, kings and great warriors. Every O'Higgins feel they have the right to make his or her mark on the world, be it with compassion or cruelty, they are not to be trifled with lightly.

Out of Game Information:
This Clan is fairly recent, most of us being from the Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars community and from the same regiment; 60th Regiment of Foot - King's Royal American Rifles. Most of us heard of this mod through our Captain Shorty and decided to give it a go, loving it we have chosen to make a Gaelic Clan, and being the only one of Gaelic heritage, we will be using the Clan I belong to.
We have a class system, but don't really have set equipment, nor do we use rank tags in-game. We try keep the names authentic, though we do accept Scottish Gaelic, Irish Gaelic, Manx Gaelic and Scandinavian names (limited).

Banner Description:
Now, you're probably wonder why we're using the Red Hand of Clan O'Neill. Well, it's because the pre-Norman style Coat of Arms crest of Clan O'Higgins has been lost to the ages. So, being the sept of the Royal Clan of O'Neill, we (and the community) felt it would be much more accurate to use the Hand rather than a custom made banner.

Toísech
Áed mac Néill
Ua hUiginn Cenél Fiachach Ua Néill Noígiallaich
(Hugh O'Higgins)

Ard-Aireacha
Feirmeoir mac Cináeda
(Farmer)
Éamonn mac Martain
(Shorty)

Goídil
Ócairig
Cinnéidigh
(Paraffin)
Máel Petair mac Fergusa
(Peter Broetz)

Ceithernaig
Fáelán mac Domnaill
(Karim)
Ruaidrí
(Ryga)
Art
(Tweaky)
Magnus mac Eachdhonn
(Paul Higgins)
Finnchad
(Toaster)
Cummascach
(Polski)
Rónán mac Néill
(Arcturus)
Loingsech mac Mongáin
(Jimbob Jenkinz)
Flann mac Amalgaid
(Potato_MacFamine)

Gall-Goídil
Liðar
Oscara mac Beccáin
(Oskarr)
Tigernán mac Cuilén
(Swen)

Teamspeak & Additional Information

176.9.103.48:9986 - Official Vikingr Teamspeak.
Channel: Clann Uí hUiginn
If you would like to join come into the teamspeak or message  Áed mac Néill Ua hUiginn (Hugh Higgins), Fear Ua hUiginn (Farmer) or Éamonn mac Martain (Shorty) in-game or on Steam.​
Special Thanks to:
Hengwulf - Banner tips and creation help
Hrotha - Accurate names
Danskr - Hex help
Celtichugs - For some 'borrowed' post ideas
Creators - For making the mod​
borderl.png

Good luck with the clan. If you need help with the banner I would be willing to help out a bit.

Cheers

Welcome Hugh Higgins.

Take a look at the various threads in this sub forum for some fancy presentation ideas! The Fyningas and Fir Áraig threads will serve you well for inspiration. Looking forward to seeing your group in the rescheduled event and elsewhere.

Eiríkr

Hengwulf said:
Good luck with the clan. If you need help with the banner I would be willing to help out a bit.

Cheers
Thank you for the offer, but we've got that mostly covered already. As for the thread layout, we'll make something slightly more worthy in time(When we learn how to use tables properly).

Good luck with this. I'm very glad that you approach this in a historical way, as I said earlier; if you want any help with your Old Norse names or anything in that department, feel free to ask. I can say that for example, "Ragnar" should be "Ragnarr" or if you want to use the Goídilized version it should be "Ragnall".

Cheers!

I hate doing this (the double post part), but updatez!

59110227.jpg

Banner is finally modified, not the best quality, but what the hell, I think it'll look better in-game and quite simple, like someone simply planted their hand on their shield or banner. Might gray the background, but not too sure.

Looking good!

About the background, I suppose a slight gray tint would work better than a completely white background, since it's hard to find such pure colours in the real world. Then again, the banner and/or shield texture would probably take care of that.

Back
Top Bottom