[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

I meant to say that I was unconcerned with whatever changes, or lack of them, would be made to the wait times. I guess I got too caught up in self-righteousness and forgot to say that. Whoops!
My point was mostly that you were being unnecessarily harsh.

Maskius said:
To even get CKO's on par with exsisting KO's require an absurd amount of money and time. So from a game-balance perspective, I certainly do not see an issue in the mid game.
7-9 game months to get at the levels of an established KO according to beta testing. I guess it's the minmaxing crowd that's most vocal about this, but please provide details.

And since they´re planned and drafted to be the cherry pie on top of the sugared ice cream, it´s about the timespan most players need to reach the point when they´ll be able to steamroll the map with anything. Which is past mid game. Midgame is when you´re busily expanding your empire and have tons of different things to do.

CKHO´s are simply a choice. Do you really want to be those troops as you imagine them or not? If not, you don´t need to use them. I have never done so because all I´d like I can get from Pendor Foot Knights and Ebony Gauntlets.

It´s a choice, a decision. If you can´t spare the time it takes and needs or hesitate to leave companions of training them, just don´t use the suckers. Stick with the existing orders, they´re pretty awesome as well, and totally suitable to crush, kill and maim anything you may encounter.

But beating the living crap out of the 3 Seers, Malitse, Eyegrim or an Heretic Army with 200 customized Housecarls of the PlayerCharactersFancy is quite a unique and satisfying feeling. And hopefully reward enough for the long period it takes to upgrade them. The longer you yearn, the better the reward. Or annoying, whatever the experience. :wink:

Just like achievements. They matter little. But they´re awesome to achieve. :wink:

Personally, I take my sweetass time with the game.
My CKOs are on even grounds with other orders while I'm still a vassal, and steamroll-worthy after I'm a king.
Even if you aren't a slow old man like me, it doesn't seem like it'd be too much an issue unless you're trying to beat the game in an excessively short amount of time.
But at the end of the day I never use them anyways. Castle guard for life.

Does anybody know how change armor,weapon and skill leveling times? i would like to try diffrent combinations of weapons on my CKO's and and it takes too much time for me now. would appriciate if anybody would send me info how to change this!

Shinigami936 said:
Personally, I take my sweetass time with the game.
My CKOs are on even grounds with other orders while I'm still a vassal, and steamroll-worthy after I'm a king.
Even if you aren't a slow old man like me, it doesn't seem like it'd be too much an issue unless you're trying to beat the game in an excessively short amount of time.
But at the end of the day I never use them anyways. Castle guard for life.
The game is designed for slow old men like you. :smile:

I think in game knighthood orders shouldn't be so easy to acquire. Simply being a lord of a D'Shar castle lets you have Windriders. Killing like 10 parties of D'Shar Raiders is enough for your reputation with the Windriders to get to 10 which gave me thousands of denars and 9 Dustriders.
There should be a way to somehow earn the trust of each Order and not just by helping them in battle and then running before they attack you. I mean like extra storyline quests like recover artifacts, make peace between 2 knighthood orders.
They should maybe be implemented into the story more. Like uniting the Orders or some Orders to unify Pendor.

Hi All

Would someone be able to forward the PM on how to reduce upgrade times on the custom knight orders?

I'm keen to mess around with various builds and tactics before I start a lengthy campaign on a fresh save to conquer Pendor.

Cheers

Edit - have found a few ways on the forum, hopefully they work!

While some of the upgrades are a long, I don't quite get how you people are flying through and owning half the map before your own order is at least useful in battle.

It takes a LONG time to get a character from 1 to something really devastating in battle.  It takes a while to get the funds up.  It takes a while to get your castle.  It takes a while to be marshal to take out unique spawns.  The biggest of all is it takes a long while to get your leadership and renown up to levels where you have an army size that can really put a fight against the bigger spawns and some king armies if you isolate them.

Odds are I don't know every trick in the book, but playing full damage from level 1 is quite an impressive grind (which I happen to enjoy to a good extent).  Its day 500 in my campaign and I'm quite happy with my order knights, they not only hold up vrs anything in the game well they also make me the funds needed to keep going (blunt damage).  My only complaint is they are based off empire knights and I would like to mix them up with silvermist as well.  On my next play through I'm going to have to bite the bullet and rebel earlier.

I wouldn't mind a bit of a speed up for the entire game but I think the knight orders are only a touch slow. 

Oyclo said:
While some of the upgrades are a long, I don't quite get how you people are flying through and owning half the map before your own order is at least useful in battle.

Like you can steamroll the map in native with lets say 200 Swadian Knights, you can do the same thing in Pendor with high tier faction units.

You could even do it with mercenary units, i have done it with Maiden Nobles / Heroine Adventurers for example.

CKO & KO are optional and also good if you are Role Playing.

The player scales better than the AI Lords, since you can field armies only with high tier troops while the enemy Lord will have a mix of high-mid-low tier troops.

Regarding Unique Spawns you might not bother with them at all and simply take them all out in one go towards the end of the game either as a marshal with friendly Lords or solo with elite troops.

Oyclo said:
My only complaint is they are based off empire knights and I would like to mix them up with silvermist as well.  On my next play through I'm going to have to bite the bullet and rebel earlier.
Choose Pendor as your culture when you create your kingdom. Your CKO will switch culture, letting you train CKO and Silvermists.

If you want to do it fast don't join a faction as a vassal. Go directly from mercenary to king.

Filou said:
Oyclo said:
My only complaint is they are based off empire knights and I would like to mix them up with silvermist as well.  On my next play through I'm going to have to bite the bullet and rebel earlier.
Choose Pendor as your culture when you create your kingdom. Your CKO will switch culture, letting you train CKO and Silvermists.

If you want to do it fast don't join a faction as a vassal. Go directly from mercenary to king.

Thats what I get for assuming they faction would stay the same.  Thanks for the info.  Now I just have to figure if I should cash out the 174 Empire knights I have (I got about 150 from killing the Dread Legion who had 3000K prisoners by the time I did and luckily was weak enough for me to solo it by that point).

I tried out the New Knight Order.  Great idea!  I love the concept.  However, from a role play standpoint, does it make any sense that my well trained/well outfitted Knight of Pendor joins my Order of the Rose.......and suddenly is an idiot.....with no gear.....that takes months and a FORTUNE to get him even close to his original strength......I feel like I wasted a Qualis Gem.

Hello Mr. Knight of Pendor, nice stats.  I'd be a shame if something were to happen to them.  hehehe  Just join our little gang called Order of the Rose and BOOM, you're useless.

ALTHOUGH!  I've decided that the order is simply a prestige order for servants and farmers who've distinguished themselves.  So I just let it sit there and gradually gain numbers, as farmers and such are awarded the honor of the Order of the Rose.  Ah well.  I let a couple roam with me now and again, just to make them feel better.  I actually just bought them all better armor at HUGE cost and a months time.  :smile:

Have you tried talking to one of your companions about training your order? They will improve the knights' and sergeants' stats and proficiencies over time and eventually your custom order can get stronger than all the preset ones.

PS: And yes, it is kind of weird that knights get reset to your order current stats when they join, but otherwise it would be way too easy, if your order started out with general knight stats AND was improvable by companion training.

Does anyone have a tweak that would decrease upgrade times? Also would the tweak work for current games?
Edit: nvm taken care of thanks to a very nice man

iskar said:
Have you tried talking to one of your companions about training your order? They will improve the knights' and sergeants' stats and proficiencies over time and eventually your custom order can get stronger than all the preset ones.

PS: And yes, it is kind of weird that knights get reset to your order current stats when they join, but otherwise it would be way too easy, if your order started out with general knight stats AND was improvable by companion training.

Whoops...didn't know you could do it.  Sir Allistar to the rescue!  "See ya in 4 weeks, brah."  And yeah, I think I'll just quit whining, take my time, and throw some knights in it when they are ready to rock.  Much love and thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom