[TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

Users who are viewing this thread

It's an awesome feature. The reason it's difficult at first is the affordability of it and the time constraints. It's created to be flexible through mid to late game, when the player can afford such luxuries. You'll have new reasons to add many more hours to playing!

I... wow...

And here I am today -- after upgrading my Dragon order in one of my castles -- is this. I mean, I am still fairly new to this mod but, good lord. After I finished reading the op, my mind just started goin' ablaze. The different orders I'm thinking of creating... ugh... time, I don't have enough.

Great feature but I think it's too expensive and time consuming. When some custom order will be enough good to kill other high-tier units, the original would just chop knights and half Pendor would belong to player. It's a bit of exaggeration but it seems to me too hardcore.

You guys are the hardest working mod team I've seen in ages. My hat's off to you.

Fantastic new feature, well done!

@HutH:
And that´s usually the stage when a game becomes totally boring. The new CMKHO may bring something to look forward at that point of the game.

Fully upgrading and training them takes the better part of a year. But what you get in return is totally worth it.

Does this mean release dates draw near :O .  Pendor 3.6 before Warband 2, Ofc pendor 6 will probably proceed warband 2

37 prestige to train one knight at an honour rating of 151 is quite high. Will it only be that high for player-created orders, or will all the existing orders see the same prestige cost increase? Not complaining, just curious.

Awesome, I bet the servers will be clogged for hours once 3.6 is released.  One last thing, please remember to increase the AI's fighting power with more/better troops to balance out the game.  I image most of these personal order troops are going to have to best armor/horses/weapons available.

Awesome MV!!!!

But i have 2 questions.

1. Can you create knights from Pendor Foot Knights??

2. Can you create more than 1 knighthood order??

mr48 said:
37 prestige to train one knight at an honour rating of 151 is quite high. Will it only be that high for player-created orders, or will all the existing orders see the same prestige cost increase? Not complaining, just curious.
That's part of the balancing for your Order only, you need to have high renown to field more troops. Other Orders had their renown costs increased too, and renown/prestige is a valuable resource now.

CleanWar said:
Awesome MV!!!!

But i have 2 questions.

1. Can you create knights from Pendor Foot Knights??

2. Can you create more than 1 knighthood order??
1. No, Pendor source troops are Pendor Knights and Pendor Man-at-Arms.
2. Nope. One with two kinds of troops, that should be enough. Remember that you can "respec" them as you wish throughout your campaign, turning crossbowmen into horse archers or whatever you need to counter your current enemies.

This is an impressive addition to POP.

One question: Rogue knights have access to Noldor Bows and Runed Bastard Swords. Will these be available for personal Orders? It will probably be badly unbalancing if so, though by that time of the game it shouldn't matter too much.

Hjolnai said:

One question: Rogue knights have access to Noldor Bows and Runed Bastard Swords. Will these be available for personal Orders? It will probably be badly unbalancing if so, though by that time of the game it shouldn't matter too much.
You have access to everything that's available for sale in stores, and that's most of the items in PoP. Very rare items will take up to double the upgrade time.
A few items that are not available in stores can be unlocked if you are really good friends with someone or have someone captured, but that's spoiler material.

MadVader said:
Hjolnai said:

You have access to everything that's available for sale in stores, and that's most of the items in PoP. Very rare items will take up to double the upgrade time.
A few items that are not available in stores can be unlocked if you are really good friends with someone or have someone captured, but that's spoiler material.

Would this also apply to items you looted yourself and just sold to a store before going to your hall and trying to upgrade your troops?

WhiteSparrow said:
Would this also apply to items you looted yourself and just sold to a store before going to your hall and trying to upgrade your troops?
Nope, the relevant parameters are the abundance of an item and whether it is eligible for merchant inventories at all (the merchandise flag in Morgh's), both of which are unaffected by you selling items to a merchant.

@Voyager:
:smile: Hopefully you won't do that. The penalties associated with that kind of exploit attempt may not be worth it. You need to create an Order, lose the castle, wait for Order troops to generate in the garrison, then retake it and hope the Order troops would drop that item as loot.
Or give out a castle with Order troops in the garrison to a vassal, and make him switch sides to some enemy, then retake it.
Both painful.
Edit: which reminded me to disable another exploit, attacking your own Order patrols, thanks. :smile:

@ MV: Yup, it may be kinda gamey and laborious, but I just thought it could be no worse than getting random stuff in shops or tournaments, or going to a very hard real battle for some 'moderately special' items. Anyway, I wasn't really advocating it; I can see it would still be a cheap tactic. Also, do you think it's a good idea to post it where the devs can easily see it if I am? It doesn't take one to think like one.
MadVader said:
Edit: which reminded me to disable another exploit, attacking your own Order patrols, thanks. :smile:
You're welcome. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom