1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi Gab,

I couldn't find where to post a reply for regarding this, but I just want to put some suggestions that which would be implanted in the upcoming 1.0 of 1860s old america would be awesome. The first thing the muskets, rifles smokes, they dont go out of the barrel, etc I want a smoke/firing system like in the 1866 if that is possible because that was very realistic for me, other things are cool! The second thing is, the music are all good also they are very cool to listen to, only one music the Battle Hymn of the Republic, the in-mod is not really like the original one, I mean i like this the most famous version of the Battle Hymn of the Republic : - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFtNVEbasOo if you could implant this in the 1.0 these two things it would be much more appreciated and would make the mod perfect!
Thank you for reading my letter and keep up the good work!
Best regards
USADom

Love how you implemented the napoleon DLC commands for troops, it makes line battles so much more immersive, I hope to see you implement these features on the rest of your mods.  Awesome job and keep the good stuff coming!

USADominic said:
Unfortunately I am afraid the codes of 1866 won't work with a Warband mod, especially GABRILDURO's ones because he codes only by tweaking .txt files and adding recources.

BavarianPrivateer said:
How do I use cannons or gatling guns?
Those items are droppable, you can put them on a battlefield and then use the invisible "gatling" or the ramrod to do the actual shooting.

taking a little gamebreak from 1860s, so i thought i use the time to give you some constructive feedback Gabrilduro.

playing for about 150 ingame days now

Good:
- EPIC Music, just awesome..even though the variety isnt that much..im still not fed up of it.
- Looks, Weapons. Horses. Armors... Love em...everything looks just right in place and very beautiful
- dunno if courtship is present in other mods too, but i have to admit i only played M&B mods until now. Love it..actually now i care about the ladies in this game now^^
- solid looking world map
- i think weapons balance is okay..even though in general melee weapons kind of overkill anything due to the implented strength bonus..but i like it..its dangerous to ride into a enemy bulk..but the one strike kill melee makes it high risk - high reward = exciting
- i really like the shootouts..its really pure adrenaline on some of the close quarter maps

Not Good:
- as i complained before in this board. Quests. I dont know if this is supposed to be..but why do i get ~20 days for a tax collecting quest and 3 days for a "make peace" quest..it should be the other way around..
- another solution would be: smaller worldmap, sure, everyone thinks of the wild west with its lonesome plains..nothing but nature the eye can see etc..but the rest of the game (like quests) is NOT suited to the size of the map.
- death=instaloss on field battles...there is no reason i could think why it should be like that..ok a shot to the head wouldnt let you keep on fighting on a real battlefield, but it clearly comes at the cost of playabiltiy of this mod..ESPECIALLY in a gunpowder mod..makes First Aid useless except for sieges.
- the towns are really beautiful, but some of them are too..empty..like Lousville and Richmond for example..everyone who played a shootout there would agree with me :smile:..(searching foes..walking..walking..walking..1 shot..walking..walking..)

Despite its flaws its a really good mod..it actually got me back to playing M&B and i cant imagine how much work it cost you, and how much nerves dealing with players argueing about bugs n stuff^^.. Thank you

Ah and i wish you the best with your health condition.

Nothing much to say, I just wanted to say that I absolutely love this mod. This is one of my favorite time periods in American history and because of you Gabby I am able to actively participate in it. Thank you so much! I absolutely love the new inventory items as well as the massive map!

The only few critiques I have would be to...

...add roads to the map as well as more wilderness (to add funnels and chokepoints to certain locations and towns and cities so battles are much more likely to occur there and armies can meet up). This would help prevent armies from going all willy nilly all over the map making it difficult to find other armies).

...make rifles deadlier at distance but leave them inaccurate so that they won't just instantly one shot the player,

...pistols should be more inaccurate than rifles.

...more troop types (I know its a work in progress).

...Confederate troops should be more accurate but their rifles and ammunition do less damage, the Union troops should be less accurate but their rifles do more damage.

...all factions should have patrols (scouting parties).

...different artillery units (L'Aigle did a fantastic job of implementing artillery into the game that is AI controlled.)

...The freed slaves should be able to be upgraded into either Confederate troops or Union troops since black slaves and black freedmen were documented as fighting on both sides during the war. It might be easier to just be able to access their inventory and drop in uniforms to make them look the way you want them to look (you could even upgrade their weapons this way).

...Native American troops should have higher Spot skills, Pathfinding skills, as well as good Ironflesh, and Athletics.

I know this is a lot of requests, but I want you to know I understand you are doing this mostly by yourself, you have worked so hard to bring us an amazing gaming experience and I thank you so much for it. This is just a wish list!

And as a side note I want to say that I absolutely LOVE the shootouts! So much fun, so exciting and great maps! It reminds me of an old time wild west shootout where someone always falls off a balcony onto a table below.

Well, I must say that this mod has lot of potential, though it needs some polishing, but it's still great mod.
So my question is: what is the name of song that plays in title screen. The first and last one.
I think it's great for some strategy games.
I ask because, when i try to open it in music folder it's corrupted.
If asked sorry.

Hello, everyone. I am looking for anyone interested in reviving an MP server. I just started playing this mod and find it to be very fun, I only wish that there were active servers for some good old online fun. So, if you are a friendly player who is interested in having some online sessions, comment here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,326186.0.html
I am posting in this thread to spread the word. Please post in the dedicated topic if you are interested.

I recently got this game, and it looks cool, but I don't know how the gattling gun works. Or where the canons are for the ammo. The gattling gun is like a really really inefficent melee weapon right now. Other than that though, it's a good mod.

Lilly112 said:
I recently got this game, and it looks cool, but I don't know how the gattling gun works. Or where the canons are for the ammo. The gattling gun is like a really really inefficent melee weapon right now. Other than that though, it's a good mod.
Here is the answer:
toxic-nova said:
in the Videos thread you can find some videos how to use guns.
George A. Custer said:
ARTILLERY VIDEO TUTORIAL by Custer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKNChS4JDHw

This one helped me once very much. But it's from an earlier version so maybe one or two things are now different.
In short the Gatling itself is only a dropdown item for the immersion. You need a "gun" for rapid firing. This "gun" is a special item that shoots. You can see how I used it in my video Siege of New Orleans at 2:00 min.
The Item you shoot with (like with a revolver with much ammunition) is the "Gatling Shooting animat(needs Dropdown)".
You can find it
at the trapper camp in the north.

Mod seems awesome! If you can finish it I would actually have a reason to stop playing AD1257 before L'Aigle gets released. As asked for, I made my review over at moddb as well  :grin:

Edit:
I'm sorry but the FPS perfromance is fairly bad. AD 1257 works perfectly on my rig but this mod immediately brings my FPS down to its knees once I start to join battles between USA & CSA... Dunno what the AD1257 guys did but their FPS are fine in any type of battle...

Yes I will have to work on that. That is why I advised that it s better to reduce max number of bots/ai
Keep on playing it,  though  :wink:

Gab
PS: reduce anything on shades/shaders that appears in the Video Adjustments Menu. That will also improve a lot the performance.

Can I add something to your mod, please? I' m big fan of western comics ceries Jonah Hex, so I just want to add some really ugly face to your mod.

hey gab how have things been? hows your health? did you get any of my messaged? if you did can you please respond to them?

Just wanted to ask about some of the purple icons. There are some suburbs or mines that are filled with 15 bandits. After I took them out, nothing really happened. They were still hostile settlements. Just wanted to ask about their purpose.

Well, yes...not fully developed yet. I am planning to do many of those just to fill the empty spaces of the map. Not really an action purpose but just for an eye effect geographically speaking, see?
Thx for ur attention
Keep tuned
Gab

This mod..... Well heres my overview of it:

PROS:
- Cool Gun mod w/o needing to buy Napoleonic (which I also have :grin:)
- Multiple Factions and a lot of unique units
- Good Commands, like the ones in F&S and NW
- Great Concept
- A very unique mod, one of a kind

CONS:
- Bad AI (They constantly get stuck in towns)
- Lag (Not too much but I don't lag at all on other mods with 150+ units on the field, while on this mod 35 units is kinda laggy)
- Bad Animations (Reloading animations are kinda weird, the gun flys all over the place)
- Slow Reload times for some guns, and I mean slow...

Overall I would say this mod is a 6/10 mod.
If the AI was fixed up, mod was optimized, and some animations and reload speed was worked on this mod would be great :grin:

(Awesome mod, in a few updates it shall become perfect :smile: )

Thx for your apreciation.
Some of your cons are what a lot of players consider pros, though.
-reloading and firing is what most accurate is around videogames.
Pls have a long reading on my Historical and firearms Topics and you will see what ws reloading and shooting in those caps and balls blackpowder times.
I am a proud member of www.farwest.it and I personally had occasion to shoot true replicas of muzzleloading rifles and of a beautiful 1860s Navy Colt.
No match with Hollywood, believe me. Shooting and reloading was hard and SLOW!...hahaha
-AI fix paths can be really predictable and no fun. Enemies getting stuck behind obstacles make their attacks less predictable and more enjoyable. I like the idea of some AI hiding and shooting from covers, like in real life, more than just running all in front of you and being killed one after another...but that is my personal taste

Gab
PS ...mmmhh there is no way that U played the whole mod in one day, though, right? I uploaded the 1.1 Yesterday.

Brevoort said:
This mod..... Well heres my overview of it:

PROS:
- Cool Gun mod w/o needing to buy Napoleonic (which I also have :grin:)
- Multiple Factions and a lot of unique units
- Good Commands, like the ones in F&S and NW
- Great Concept
- A very unique mod, one of a kind

CONS:
- Bad AI (They constantly get stuck in towns)
- Lag (Not too much but I don't lag at all on other mods with 150+ units on the field, while on this mod 35 units is kinda laggy)
- Bad Animations (Reloading animations are kinda weird, the gun flys all over the place)
- Slow Reload times for some guns, and I mean slow...

Overall I would say this mod is a 6/10 mod.
If the AI was fixed up, mod was optimized, and some animations and reload speed was worked on this mod would be great :grin:

(Awesome mod, in a few updates it shall become perfect :smile: )

Back
Top Bottom