1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

Users who are viewing this thread

hey Gabs and company...I love this mod soooo much especially after i made Z version workin properly but i wanna ask a question...gunsmoke...in this mod it seems to be comin kinda down direction, however in your older mods (1755, 1775) it´s comin nice outta gun barrel...i know it´s lil bolloni, but i´m kinda curious why lol

Just out of curiosity, why are battle losses set up the way they are?

What I'm referring to is losing the battle immediately upon "death." It doesn't seem to matter how many men you have left compared to the enemy. I could have 50 men and they could have one guy left who happens to get a lucky shot on me. Next thing I know I lose, I'm taken prisoner, and all of my recruits are gone because they aren't allowed to keep fighting like they would in Vanilla Warband.

Will this be changed in the next release?

Jagblade said:

What I'm referring to is losing the battle immediately upon "death." It doesn't seem to matter how many men you have left compared to the enemy. I could have 50 men and they could have one guy left who happens to get a lucky shot on me. Next thing I know I lose, I'm taken prisoner, and all of my recruits are gone because they aren't allowed to keep fighting like they would in Vanilla Warband.

I'm just going to let you know that this version (0.99 Z) is the final version of the mod as they are no longer developing it. It doesn't mean that they won't help you with some problems, but they won't be releasing any more patches/updates for this mod.

Does anyone else find the American Settler's accuracy to be a little overbearing? They can peg everything while speeding around on their horses, not even military units can hold a candle to them. They wipe out men in single shots on horse back from ranges where rifles are doing 1-10 damage a hit even with head shots.

I enjoy the challenge but I find it irritating that these guys with carbines and six guns are sniping my men with rifles while bouncing up and down on a horse going full speed. Again, even when they aren't moving (slowly walking in a massive group as they do at the start of battles) their carbines and pistols are somehow annihilating my men at ranges their rifles can't seem to effectively reach.

I just downloaded and enjoyed ... Excellent work. I was so against gunpowder in warband and you made me change my mind in a couple of hours ... Thanks Gabriilduro.... I had so much fun hunting buffaloes .....

is there a chance to port the freelancer mod over to this? I wouldn't mind being a foot soldier in General Meade's army and work my way up in rank. also I had an idea there being single player farming I think it would make for a more personal experience in every game. you could raise crops make whiskey then sell it in towns have more economic experiences in game. also I talked to a friend and he said its possible for party leaders to be killed in combat. if we could add something like that along a code that puts new officers in command of a party after an officer is killed that would make for a more historically accurate singleplayer experience. what do yall think? :smile:

Ry1459 said:
Jagblade said:

I'm just going to let you know that this version (0.99 Z) is the final version of the mod as they are no longer developing it. It doesn't mean that they won't help you with some problems, but they won't be releasing any more patches/updates for this mod.

Do not say things that only me as the Developer can declare, please.
It is just that I am in a bad situation atm... :roll:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299437.0.html

GABRILDURO said:
Ry1459 said:
Jagblade said:

Do not say things that only me as the Developer can declare, please.
It is just that I am in a bad situation atm... :roll:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299437.0.html

I was suspicious about that "final version" statement...

Well I'm sorry for that. I just said it because on the thread for version 0.99 Z, it says that it is the very last version of the mod. I was just confused.

**Not sure where to post this, so as per your directions, I posted it here. It's a big THANK YOU, plus two side questions.

Thank you all for a wonderful mod. Specifically, thank you GABRILDURO. Not only is this a fun mod, it's also important because it's the ONLY Warband mod that covers the civil war AND has a single player campaign (correct me if I'm wrong). I love the amalgamation of the Civil War theme with the Wild West theme; often they're covered as different topics, but ultimately they are eras that are inextricably linked. I also adore the soundtrack; soundtracks are often not given the attention they deserve, esp. considering how important it is for creating a mood for a theme. Your soundtrack definitely adds to the overall atmosphere of the game. What's more, I'm impressed with little elements that you incorporated from various civil war and western films, such as Tombstone. Honestly, I could be listing neat elements of your mod for several paragraphs, so I'll end my praise with mention of all the great new skins employed in your work -- gear, horses, and MANY weapons of the period. THANK  YOU.

Questions:
1) I'm not sure if it's my rearrangment of the command keys, or something else, but I can't find my "yell/celebration" key. It's usually "T" I think. Is that still available in your Mod?

2) I'm experiencing a very unique issue in your mod; I say "unique" because I've been playing M&B and Warband for many, many years, and I'm very familiar with all the settings and troubleshooting tricks, and I've used scores of mods, plus I'm very familiar with my PC because I built it... though this issue is new to me. Before I get into those details, I would first like to ask: how does your mod work with the new Warband 1.160? Has there been any known issue to occur when your wonderful mod is played on Warband 1.160 instead of 1.158? Thanks for your help, and such a great/unique mod.

Thx vm for the deep comment.
You absolutely caught and described the spirit that drove me in making this mod.
Really!  :cool:
And it is such a unique emotion to know that while playing, you will experiment those feelings that I tried to "inoculate" in 1860s!  :wink:

Gab
PS.
-1 T is not working as Yell, sorry
-2 ...not tried yet with 1.160... :oops:

GABRILDURO said:
Thx vm for the deep comment.
You absolutely caught and described the spirit that drove me in making this mod.
Really!  :cool:
And it is such a unique emotion to know that while playing, you will experiment those feelings that I tried to "inoculate" in 1860s!  :wink:

Gab
PS.
-1 T is not working as Yell, sorry
-2 ...not tried yet with 1.160... :oops:

Thanks for the reply, as it's much appreciated. As far as I can tell, your mod runs well on Warband version 1.160. This issue I'm working out is now occurring on version 1.158, too. I don't think the issue is your mod, per se, but the crossroads of my PC, my Nvidia drivers, and the particulars of Warband's engine, in conjunction with the new feature in the mod. Fortunately, I think I found the answer, though until I'm positive about the results I dare not post it here, yet. When I'm positive about the outcome, I'll be sure to explain the issue and the method I used to solve it -- for any future players of your mod (or any mod) who may have the same issue arise. Again, THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL MOD! I'm having tons of fun.

Hi
was just wondering what kind of firing mechanics does this mod have in it? and by that i mean does it have the mechanics that allow you order your troops to fire on your command or is it simply just turning fire at will on and off? :smile:

Edit:
also i was just wondering how far did the British and/or Canada or any other European nation for that matter get involved in the american civil war? because i know that the British were selling guns to the confederates during the civil war and Britain and France were keeping a close eye on how things were going during the civil war but other than that i don't really know anything else about the civil war.

Huzzar! said:
also i was just wondering how far did the British and/or Canada or any other European nation for that matter get involved in the american civil war? because i know that the British were selling guns to the confederates during the civil war and Britain and France were keeping a close eye on how things were going during the civil war but other than that i don't really know anything else about the civil war.
Well at some point the French and Brits were quite close to recognising the Confederate States, but eventually they didn't, and they stayed out of it.

Huzzar! said:
was just wondering what kind of firing mechanics does this mod have in it? and by that i mean does it have the mechanics that allow you order your troops to fire on your command or is it simply just turning fire at will on and off? :smile:
IIRC it's the latter.

Hi, guys. And Gaby.

There are plans to update 1860 to patch 1.160?

I want to play it, but I am reinstalling the game after some time and the last version is 1.160. Seems that I have no option to download/install an older version.  :sad:

Thanks!  :grin:

IS there a wikia for the mod or information somewhere? I would like to know the difference between the different troops and factons

Back
Top Bottom