1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

Users who are viewing this thread

I can not find the folder pjoft says to extract it too, should i redownload mount and blade or what do you think??

Socwalker said:
I can not find the folder pjoft says to extract it too, should i redownload mount and blade or what do you think??
Follow the steps below. I assume you have both Google Chrome and WinZip installed in your system.
Do not mind the links below each image; I had forgotten ImageShack is not free anymore... And don't mind my computer is in Spanish too.

1) Download 1860's Old America Mod

2) When download has finished, click on it and a WinZip window should pop-up. Select ALL the files (they adquire a blue-ish tone when selected), and click the "Unzip with one click" option, which is highlighted in the image below.
Allow it to finish unzipping...
NOTE: If WinZip tells you it has found a problem during the process, it is most likely due to a corrupt download. You will then have to download the Mod again and repeat the steps 1 y 2.

3) When WinZip has finished its job, a new window will open; the folder shown is the Mod itself. Look at the path where the file is:
Code:
Local Disk (C:) \ Users \ User \ Downloads \ 1860s_Old_America_v._0.99Z \
I highlighted "Downloads" because you have to remember where the Mod is in case you accidentally close that window.

4) Now open Warband's location - not the .exe. Right click on Warband's icon, then "Open file location" (or something like that). A new window will open, which is Warband itself.
NOTE: I use as example the original Mount&Blade, because my Warband copy is located on the Desktop and not in the Program Files of my computer.

subir imagenes
Look at the path. It should be something like this:
Code:
Local Disk (C:) \ Program Files \ Mount&Blade Warband \
Remember, it could be different according where you installed your Warband copy. For example, mine is located in my Desktop.

5) Once there you'll see a lot of folders and files. Open the one labelled "Modules". I have a lot, as you can see. If you have not installed any Mods at all, this folder should only contain the "Native" one.
Now, remember I told you to remember where the Mod was in case you closed the window? You did not close it, right? Open said window again and cut/copy the Mod's folder into your Warband Modules folder.

6) If you did everything right, you can now open Warband and select the 1860's Old America Mod. After that, enjoy the Mod!

Well   Pjoft ... :eek:
I vote for that up above ...as the best and most explainful version of dwld+instal ever made!!!  :cool:

More than that... I can only imagine somebody going to a person house and ...just do it all for him there!  :twisted:

Thx for helping out people in a very clear and clever way.
Much apreciated!  :wink:
Gab
PS...and I couldn' t avoid to notice ALL 3 Mods of mine in ur M&Bwb (1755/1776/1860s)  :mrgreen:

I would like to ask if is it possible to get the OSP-pack of clothes inside your mod 1860's Old America or get a permission to use these clothes :smile:

I know a lot of items is from 1866 Western mod (for old M&B 1.011) but I have heard, the team don't answer on Private Messages and didn't realease any free OSP pack so...

I'm gently asking you, GABRILDURO - please, allow us to use some items as OSP packs for our mods :smile:

And forgive me my poor English... I also hope you can understand me.

Ciao!  :smile:
at the moment I am not allowing anymore permissions for different reasons. Sorry.

I will only consider some special permissions for my Mods to people that I know and that had been Modders for a while on TW.

Also, some items that I modified and used in my mods, are from other Mods, as 1866, as you mentioned.
And for that reason you need to refer to them and ask them for their ORIGINAL models (not with my add-ons or modifications)

Sorry ...but never like at this point I understand those that never reply to PMs, expecially about permissions.

I had only problems being too available, see...and in any case you can start a sub-mod in any of my Mods Threads, if you really want.
Just let me know.

Gab

Okay, GABRILDURO, I accept your answer and I agreed with your point of view (I don't have much choice, do I? :smile: )

At least, thank you for response. It's better to know the worst truth than have no answer and wondering all the time if he/she will ever answer me...

Ciao

Exactly.
I hated to be snobbed by some in the past and I know what U mean.  :wink:

Instead, I always tried to be nice and available with players, new modders or anybody that would act kindly.

Best luck with any of ur project. I will try to help and be supportive with it, as I can, anyway.

Gab

Gabril, if you have a time;

Please, I looking for list of songs in this great mod. I nowhere found it. If you can please write here or give me a link to this list.

Cool mod, now my life is complete! :grin:

Gabril, In the nicest way possible I aks that Diplomacy and pre-battlefield planning be added to such an outstanding mod, pretty please with whip cream and cherry on top :grin: :grin: :smile: :smile:

Hi Sir Gabby,do you still working on American Revolution mod?,i really really enjoyed it,best mod i have played(i love america eh :grin:).

well i heard you're working on a new mod Persistent Old America and i also heard a "1.0",what's that? a Persistent Old America or 1860's America?

Sorry in advance if this is already explained somewhere, but I used the search function and did not find anything.
So how exactly does the new "power draw and shoot" skill work? Just like in vanilla, just that it works for guns too? Or does it affect range in any way, in other words, if I max it, will I be able to snipe a union general from 800 yards with my Withword rifle?

Oh I forgot to add that the people who accused Gab of racism: My grandparents were Cherokee/Seminole Indians. This makes me half Cherokee/Seminole. So more so than any who have posted here, I have the right to comment on this 'non-issue.' I believe that this mod, and the others which portray Indian tribes (including Cherokee!) does CREDIT to this part of my heritage. It portrays them as the strong, brave warriors and proud people which they were.

Please, I beg of you all, stop trying to worry about my feelings and those of my people. I find it hilarious that normally it is rich white kids who are the most sensitive to these things. Anyway Gab, thank you for doing my people a credit, not a disservice. :smile:

CB79 said:
Hello!

Been lurking on this forum for awhile but just got around to actually registering...lol

Wanted to say that I love your work! I haven't tried the 1755 mod yet but I'm nuts for the American Revolution Mod, and have greatly enjoyed this mod as well. I mostly enjoy playing as the Foreign Legion in Mexico, which was an extremely nice touch.

Quick question, and forgive my ignorance if I've made a terrible oversight somehow, but how does one recruit officers? Say, for example, the 'French Officer' unit? I have yet to find a tech tree which allows it. The 'Adventurer' tree stops, as does 'Foreign Legionnaire' and 'Elite Cavalry'. I was just curious of they simply spawn at random or if they could be recruited. Thank you!

Thx so much for your nice posts.
Much apreciated, really!  :wink:
Thx also about that issue about me being racist (  :roll: ) but really don t worry. It was just a couple of haters that would denigrate me and my work with any means.  :twisted:
All people on the forum actually know that I am more on the side of Natives than on the "white men".
And most disliked the fact that I even added a full FACTION dedicated to the "Indians", as I still like to call them (in Italy nobody calls them Natives and in the old times of the frontier "Indians" was the least offensive term to design them)

So sorry that I CANNOT be much on the modding and foruming at the moment
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299437.0.html
...but I will surely be back as soon that it will be possible for me.  :wink:

Gabby
PS ...do not double post pls...it is forbidden  :twisted:
Just copy and paste your old post in a new one, as I did for you this time.  :wink:

Sorry about that! But back to my question: how do you recruit officers? For example, my character is in the French Territories, and I see 'French Officer' units everywhere, same with CSA Infantry Officer and others, but can't recruit them.

Good day, I'm just new to the forums... I'll just ask how the Dropdown Gatling works? It needs shooting ammos but I can't find them. And it is being used as a one-handed weapon (and can be used on horseback!). So where can I find shooting ammos and make the Dropdown Gatling work?

I already made the artillery set work (which is weird because it's blank in inventory and fires like a bow, but nice explosions though)...

in the Videos thread you can find some videos how to use guns.
George A. Custer said:
ARTILLERY VIDEO TUTORIAL by Custer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKNChS4JDHw

This one helped me once very much. But it's from an earlier version so maybe one or two things are now different.
In short the Gatling itself is only a dropdown item for the immersion. You need a "gun" for rapid firing. This "gun" is a special item that shoots. You can see how I used it in my video Siege of New Orleans at 2:00 min.
The Item you shoot with (like with a revolver with much ammunition) is the "Gatling Shooting animat(needs Dropdown)".
You can find it
at the trapper camp in the north.

Hey! Just wanted to say I played all three of your "American History" mods. Thoroughly enjoyed each of them, but this one is my favourite. Props to you and your team! I like how you made it so the character starts with some beefy attributes, and I really love the time period. If I could change one thing, it would be a death cam. Sometimes those rascal USA Sharpshooters get me far sooner then I'd like.

Hello guys. Thanks for the wonderful mod, thanks for your titanic work. I love this period of history, and mod brought me some share of fun. But during play I have problems.
Some of these problems (in a humorous manner):

Requiem for AI.

Too hardcore to read USA titles.

Do you remember an awesome and compact map from Brytenwalda?

And so lacking the possibility of enrollment to generals party as a simple common soldier (like in "1257AD" or "Warsword Conquest").

your first thing is an Warband AI problem. You can try to maneuver your troops with F1 around the buildings. That's why most original warband battlefields are on open fields. :sad:

You can try to brighten the game up as example by using "Auto-Exposure" in video menu. this had helped me much.

What you call and empty space is for me an open area that represents the wild and open nature of the time. But that's my point of view  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom