1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Easy Topic for ppl that are:

-newcomers
-for those that do not understand WHERE to post
-for those that have "different" subjects or else again.

So....post freely and: JUST Ask/Say/Answer and Comment on "WHATEVER U WANT" !!!  :mrgreen:

I m trying to keep things ordered and "in sight", and I "cleaned up" a lot of crap and old stuff.
So now pls, to all my Supporters: try to help me keeping the EXISTING TOPICS UPDATED.

No more NEW Topics, if there is an existing one already!  :wink:

I think 99% of the subjects have already their own Topic.
Pls use it.

-Scenes & Battlefields http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,189728.0.html
-Music http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,189728.0.html
-Sounds http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,251544.0.html
-Congratulations http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,251550.0.html
-Helping Gabrilduro ...  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,193969.0.html

In case U DON T know where to post a comment/question, please post it HERE

Here is a great list of SUGGESTIONS for ppl visiting a Thread/Forum, made by Grand Master LUMOS (hats down, Folks!!  :shock: )

- Firstly, grammar and attitude. Remember these two words, for they are very important. Write properly, be polite to others, and your chances of getting help will increase exponentially. Put spaces after punctuation marks, remember that "u" and "y" and other crap are not words but letters, and no "halp plox". Treat others as your equals, in the way that you want to be treated.
Members with experience (that even spare time to answer your questions) should be treated with all the respect you (should) treat your mentors with.

-Don't be afraid to ask your questions and to use the word "please".

- Stickied topics are your friend. Stickied topics are threads on the forum which always stay on the top, and do that because they are important. Reading them is always a good idea.

- Read the forum rules. They aren't a lot, and are put quite shortly and understandably. Also remember to read the box that appears when you make a new topic. Read it at least once, it won't hurt you.

- If you have a small question, do not make a topic about it. Post your question in the stickied Q&A thread instead.

- Use the forum search and/or Google search on the forum to find things you need

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GABRILDURO said:
It is my intention to put some "fake" workers, rapresenting slaves at cotton/tobacco picking, see....like I did with "fixed fake" indians in 1755, ...but I lack in  time and also some ppl advised me that it could be considered "offensive" for african americans?!?!  :shock:
Hey....I am the first one that daily fights for Human Rights and I hate when ppl show NO CONSIDERATION and RESPECT for different people and races... (check here, my point of view  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,256814.msg6267052.html#msg6267052  )

...but I think that nowadays some ppl have a wrong approach:
-do not add Chinese, Afro americans, American Natives, etc etc...in any video game, because otherwise u will have problems with some ppl that will accuse U of racism or bad information.
Same thing happen to GUN the game,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCuD7fAUMnU
great western game...that got some criticism for "showing Apaches like enemies in the game" ...even if Colton himself was a "metis"...
Or for me to show Afro americans doing work in fields as slaves....hey, THEY WERE SLAVES at that time.
And is a great honor to represent them in such a hard condition, expecially considering that their work MADE the South rich and wealthy....because of their work! The South OWNED to them its wealthy condition.
Why forgetting that? Why ignoring how they were before becoming Free Men?
Ignoring that belittles the huge fight that they had to do for decades, to get the real and final rights that they have today....
I watched ROOTS when I was young, and I loved it (I had my kids to watch it as well, and they adored it too... :mrgreen: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpLSkCirjWI
... but i have the feeling that if I made a Game out of it, some ppl would context it, in someway... :???:

I d hate some ppl talking nasty to Indians, Chinese or Black Slaves, of course, as they did on that Thread that I pointed out up above.
But I disagree on NOT adding them in the game, just because it MIGHT cause problems on how ppl will react.  :eek:

Atm I am proud to say that Freed Slaves can upgrade to Mercs and to 54th M. Union Reg. (ever tried to upgrade them, folks?  :twisted: )

And is just for time problems that I do not implement a Chinese workers Troop tree, as well... :cry:
But I added this guy as a companion: CAINE. Remember the 1970s tv series  (find him in game and see how I made him to fight  :wink: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mOV_CulhC7c#t=611s

Last thing, I think that Fields and Farms are the best way to represent the South.
I ll try to find the time to make some more Scening....if I can  :wink:

Gabby
And you should be proud, it is great like this.

Thx JOE!  :razz:
U were part of the great improvments that are in my last 0.99 Version!!!  :wink:
By the way....I just noticed some things (we should start a Known Issues Note in the 1st post of 0.99 Testing Topic ):
-Face Code of Lords is hardcoded for their age!!!  :shock: Ex: Custer has an older face, even if I know for sure that I copied and pasted the "young" code. It seems to automatically adjust to the "Father/Son" etc logic of Native WB  :roll:
-same for some Dresses/Hoods of ur "beloved" Ladies (hope U liked the new look most have, Casanova!!  :twisted: ). I had to overwrite their assignments, forcing some more apropriate Dress, or even new ones, cuz they would ignore the new Inventory ...ghhh... :mad:
-Lords Locations and their possessions are random.....so it is inpossible to plan where they will spawn when coding (Custer, Carson, Sheridan, Norhern Indians and Southern Cheyenne...etc, they all changed randomly their Location at any new game.... :evil: :evil: )
Gab

It is not important listing me whether as a supporter or not,but I'm still one of your supporter :smile: (no bad thought) I just want to ask,is 0.99 open beta soon?

Youbar said:
I don't mean to insult you, but this is probably the worst one of your mods I've played so far. I loved 1755, was okay with 1776 but 1860 wanted to make me retch. I don't enjoy walking through towns named "MAIN French town 5" or going to "French village 30". I don't enjoy going to a town like "ALBANY" - note the caps. The whole immersion is gone because of a lack of names, and improper grammar. So I put up with it, recruited some men and did the main quest. I went after the robbers and oh hey... they're on horses. I go take on some looters and oh hey... they're on horses. I don't want to constantly have to SHOOT a person's mount just to kill them. I don't want to have obsolete units which have no way of going mounted themselves without spending 30 minutes upgrading them, by which my 15 French farmers have gone down to 2 Light Cavalries. The last thing is the lack of scenery on the map. Not much terrain differences, no mountains or hills. No "wild animal" herds roaming the place. Nothing of any variety to actual feel like I am in the Victorian era old frontier. That's all I have to say.

Youbar said:
Fixed in 0.99? That's a restricted testing version right now. You shouldn't release a mod in such a bad state. And yes, I do know you provide entertainment for free, but that's your choice. Not mine.
Maybe you take me as a troll, but I decided I would post this here to maybe get you to fix the horribly broken state this mod is in, WITHOUT fixing it in a closed testing version that nobody will get to play.

Naaahhh....I just don t like this attitude and it seems u do it on purpose to troll me.  :???:
Change ur attitude or just do not post.
Thx
Gabrilduro
PS....and yes, it was very insulting to reduce the huge effort made in last version 0.98 in such a short and negative comment!!
I did a superhuman work in a very short time, with only some randome helpers.... You need to pay more respect for Modders that work FREELY for your enjoyment!!
We will see what other players think, if they will decide to comment.
(Anyway, even those things that U pointed out, are fixed in 0.99 )

GABRILDURO said:
Naaahhh....I just don t like this attitude and it seems u do it on purpose to troll me.  :???:
Change ur attitude or just do not post.
Thx
Gabrilduro
PS....and yes, it was very insulting to reduce the huge effort made in last version 0.98 in such a short and negative comment!!
I did a superhuman work in a very short time, with only some randome helpers.... You need to pay more respect for Modders that work FREELY for your enjoyment!!
We will see what other players think, if they will decide to comment.
(Anyway, even those things that U pointed out, are fixed in 0.99 )

You are right Gabrilduro.Meanwhile,I have sent you a pm,maybe you couldn't see it.Or I have to write it here.Anyway,It looks I need a new computer to test 0.99.I applied your methods to solve this.But still, I have thousands of CTD.I have a new computer but its graphic card is in the AMD service.When is the latest time to give you feedback.If it is immediate,I will find a graphic card to solve this problem.

Never mind, Murat, then.
U probably dwlded it partially and have files missing.
There is no other explaination to so many CTD.

Just be active on the Forums, in the meanwhile.  :wink:
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
Never mind, Murat, then.
U probably dwlded it partially and have files missing.
There is no other explaination to so many CTD.

Just be active on the Forums, in the meanwhile.  :wink:
Gab

then ok,I will redownload it :smile:

The mod is one of a kind work but you need a team to bug squish alot of bugs unfortunately i just have to say it has many bugs present... this should be first priority in my opinion but it is just my opinion take it with a pinch of salt please for my 2 cents of input. I love the mods though :3

And like i mentioned the only noticeable bug ive found is while using the cheatmenu it crashes on page 2 of the item selection where horses would be?

Thx USnavy!  :smile:
Well, according to the time and personal issues that I have in real time, I think I did progress a lot, nevertheless!  :mrgreen:

Seriously, I m very happy and satisfied with the state of 1860s in v. 0.99.
And yes, work was different when I had my Gabby s Team, but unfortunately past doesn t come back and I fight alone my battles, anyway.
A big thx goes to my random Helpers anyway! (....can find all of them in the Mod!  :cool: )

Gabby  :wink:

usnavy30 said:
The mod is one of a kind work but you need a team to bug squish alot of bugs unfortunately i just have to say it has many bugs present... this should be first priority in my opinion but it is just my opinion take it with a pinch of salt please for my 2 cents of input. I love the mods though :3

And like i mentioned the only noticeable bug ive found is while using the cheatmenu it crashes on page 2 of the item selection where horses would be?

Sorry, but thats not bugs. That's a case of PEBKAC. Read the tutorial threads, especially if you have problems.
The solution: check "Load Textures On Demand":roll:
Version 0.98 have nearly no bug. Just some tiny ones and some things that aren't completed...and this everyone should know...that's what the word "Beta" implies.

(Gabby, now it happens what you said a few days ago :wink: )

@Murat:
you say a computer problem? And just with the updated 0.99. If earlier versions are working well or/and native is working well you should check the FAQ thread. Maybe it's just a problem of your settings. This mod adds many textures and other things that needs much memory. if the Load Textures On Demand thing isn't enough you should really try the things with virtual memory.

toxic-nova said:
usnavy30 said:

Sorry, but thats not bugs. That's a case of PEBKAC. Read the tutorial threads, especially if you have problems.
The solution: check "Load Textures On Demand":roll:
Version 0.98 have nearly no bug. Just some tiny ones and some things that aren't completed...and this everyone should know...that's what the word "Beta" implies.

(Gabby, now it happens what you said a few days ago :wink: )

@Murat:
you say a computer problem? And just with the updated 0.99. If earlier versions are working well or/and native is working well you should check the FAQ thread. Maybe it's just a problem of your settings. This mod adds many textures and other things that needs much memory. if the Load Textures On Demand thing isn't enough you should really try the things with virtual memory.

I can play multiplayer and custom battles.But in campaign,I always have crashes.I checked "Load textures on demand".Everything is in low setting. I even use directx7.

Ohh yes. When this comes up and you have done all the hints then it's the hardware itself. (too old or damaged)
On my old PC I had graphic buffer issues because of my graphic driver. Driver change had helped me this times because memory management wasn't the best on these driver (was an NVIDIA card...they release often new graphic card drivers)...but it also was another game. And it was under WinXP. So I don't know how far one can compare this.

toxic-nova said:
Ohh yes. When this comes up and you have done all the hints then it's the hardware itself. (too old or damaged)
On my old PC I had graphic buffer issues because of my graphic driver. Driver change had helped me this times because memory management wasn't the best on these driver (was an NVIDIA card...they release often new graphic card drivers)...but it also was another game. And it was under WinXP. So I don't know how far one can compare this.

Yes my computer is old,that is true :smile: Then,firstly,I will try updating graphic card driver and after this, redownloading the mod.

Murat ÖZCAN said:
I want to ask a different question(Excuse me for double posting) Who is this mod's animator?We need an animator in a NTW mod.So,I want to talk with him.

I will check if i have load textures on demand. Seems to happen anyways i think. But great mod for the era  :grin:

I love the companions you made after your team  :razz:

Murat
I am doing almost all on myself, lately. But I cannot help around anymore, and expecially because I m doing most of the work on my own, and on 3 American Mods...  :wink:

usnavy
Thx again for nice words, I really hope that U ll make it work. It is really worth it!  :razz:
...and YES, crediting best Helpers and Supporters DIRECTLY in my MODS was often criticized, but I think it is the best way to show them my true and permanent respect and affection!  :oops:
Also most and best Modders that helped me and gave me permissions, as Azrooh, Rockwell, Idibil, Yellowmosquito/Highlander, Morth, Morgh, Mtarini, etc....they all deserved the place I gave to them in the game! It will give them ethernal honor for the precious work they did for the Comunity !  :cool:

Gab

Reserved for report if the 1860s Old American Ver 0.98 mod crashes to desktop of some rgl error or so if i go to the cheatmenu to the 2nd browsable page when i just want to preview the horsies :eek:

The only advise I can give you is to lower your settings. Because I guess the crashes appear because of the textures I recommend to lower your texture details. If this works you can higher it to a state that also work. Maybe this can prevent such crashes.

btw...horses are also on other pages. Don't read books backwards. When you find a new horse in a stable you can create this fun over a much longer time again and again.

Edit:

Nice added screens. I really love the settler womans. Had you realize that they know their position. Strong and defensive but on their knees in front of their husbands :lol: (just joking, but look on the screens)

Back
Top Bottom