Feminism

Users who are viewing this thread

Just an apology for that? I was hoping for more of the classics, like, you know:

''Feminism has gone too far''

''Oh no, my masculinity is hurt by women taking the slightest place in human society''

''r/mensrights is the true intellectual centre of the Earth.''

''remember cishets suck lol #imobviouslyafeminist #thisishoweverysinglefeministacts #notastrawman''

Nodscouter said:
Just an apology for that? I was hoping for more of the classics, like, you know:

''Feminism has gone too far''

''Oh no, my masculinity is hurt by women taking the slightest place in human society''

''r/mensrights is the true intellectual centre of the Earth.''

''remember cishets suck lol #imobviouslyafeminist #thisishoweverysinglefeministacts #notastrawman''
#banbossy

also, don't get by you mean by apology? who apologized, is this to me?

English subtitles availble. (This is more about the Feminist Initiative Party and less about Feminism)

h1EE773F9

Good news for the women of Mississippi!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/29/us-mississippi-abortion-idUSKBN0FY24320140729

(Reuters) - A Mississippi law that would shut down the state's only abortion clinic, forcing women to go outside the state for the procedure, is unconstitutional, a federal appeals court ruled on Tuesday.

Upholding a lower court's preliminary injunction against the law, a three-judge panel from the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled in a 2-1 decision that the law would place an undue burden on a woman's right to seek an abortion.

The law, passed in 2012, required doctors at the state's sole abortion clinic to have the right to admit patients to local hospitals, a standard the clinic was not able to meet.

Backers of the law argued that it would not stop women from seeking an abortion in a neighboring state, but the judges ruled that Mississippi could not rely on other states to uphold its constitutional duties.

Of course, this has nothing to do with women's health - any and every hospital will admit emergency patients in the case something extremely rare happens during the abortion -  and everything to do with the Religious Right trying to destroy women's right to choose. They cannot outright ban abortion, thanks to Supreme Court & Roe Vs Wade, so they are doing their damnedest to make getting it as difficult as possible.

Ah yes, the WASPs...  :razz:

PoisonCourtesan said:
Seems Mississippi likes to stay true to being bogwater.

The South is an interesting place, there's a reason you have to account for some of the crazy opinions and values that are still "espoused" there when conducting surveys or research.

Back
Top Bottom