War of Rights - announcement

Users who are viewing this thread

oh my ....

oh-my-god-cover-art.jpg

How many players please ? And can I still dream about a certain invasion mod ?

I think it might be noteworthy to say: that if you are ever in a need for any Alpha/Beta testers I (and i'm sure many others) will be free to test...  :mrgreen:

If not, i'll find and kill a small ethiopian child...  :cry: hope that makes you feel guilty!!!  :mad:

Kind Regards,
Hermanator

From looking at your avatar, you secretly condone child killing.  :shock:

Child Killing for early War of Rights access is far better than killing children for, hot rumpy-pumpy with your sister.  :shock:

You may not be doing this William, but by having Jaime Lannister as your avatar you are condoning it. Which is arguably much worse, and a lot less fun!  :shock:

So I proudly say that I will kill a great deal of small ethiopian children to gain this alpha/beta whenever it arises.  :twisted:

P.s. you should instead get a Tyrion avatar, we all know he is much cooler :cool:

Too bad your forcing everyone to play in 1st person.

I came to Mount & Blade solely because it allows 3rd person.

I used to play Hidden & Dangerous for the same reason.

I don't play 1st person shooters.

You should reconsider your decision, and leave it up to the player to choose 1st or 3rd person view.

It's never a good idea to force your opinions on consumers, and try make then do what you want, apparently because you think you know what's best for them.

You restrict your potential market by doing so. 

I would think it could actually increase their market :roll:, if you consider the amount of people who play Firstperson shooters opposed to people who play 3rd person.

I personally feel that its too bad that you are limiting your expierence by closing yourself off to one of the largest genres.

Yes Mount and Blade stye is fun, fresh and pretty unique. Those all good things, though unique often can also mean unpopular, afterall there are often reasons why something hasn't been done before. I think regardless of whether it is Firstperson or 3rd person this game already looks great. Perhaps it might even make some of the larger companies notice a unique path of Firstperson shooters, the Civil War and perhaps even earlier. I think its about time they stop creating the same Modernwarfare/World at War crap thats gets shoved into everyones faces annually.

So I say if you don't like the concept of Firstperson, and are unwilling to give War of Rights a chance, thats fine. Perhaps you should go and watch Battle cry of Freedom instead.  :???:

Von Herman, I couldn't agree more :wink:

This is groundbreaking really, what we've seen so far is Modern Warfare, Battlefield, Arma and so on, all focused and limited to around the current era. War of Rights will probably be like a dream for history fans and people who love teamplaying (not to forget to mention re-enactors). Incredibly fancy visuals in combination with a very ambitious development team, I think and hope that this title will hit the gaming market with very positive opinions. And then there's always the option for those who dislikes first person to play in the very liked third/first person mode that Warband and now Battle Cry of Freedom offers. I think these titles will bring the best of two different gaming styles, both with their unique features.

von Herman said:
I would think it could actually increase their market :roll:, if you consider the amount of people who play Firstperson shooters opposed to people who play 3rd person.

I personally feel that its too bad that you are limiting your expierence by closing yourself off to one of the largest genres.

Yes Mount and Blade stye is fun, fresh and pretty unique. Those all good things, though unique often can also mean unpopular, afterall there are often reasons why something hasn't been done before. I think regardless of whether it is Firstperson or 3rd person this game already looks great. Perhaps it might even make some of the larger companies notice a unique path of Firstperson shooters, the Civil War and perhaps even earlier. I think its about time they stop creating the same Modernwarfare/World at War crap thats gets shoved into everyones faces annually.

So I say if you don't like the concept of Firstperson, and are unwilling to give War of Rights a chance, thats fine. Perhaps you should go and watch Battle cry of Freedom instead.  :???:

Hermolator, I commented that it would be better if they made it both 1st and 3rd person, not one or the other.

And I have tried a lot of 1st person shooters, but the restriction just doesn't work for me. And I keep trying new releases, but no go for me.

And someone else mentioned ARMA as a 1st person shooter, but I prefer to play it in 3rd person.

Iron Front Liberation 1944, Red Orchestra 2, same thing. I prefer to play them in 3rd rather than 1st  person.

That's for every man to decide for himself, I like the 3rd person view from M&B, but it's simply not the same as a 3rd person from say Red Orchestra, that's why I'll choose whatever is given to me, and in War of Rights, they will most probably be going for almost full realism, in which case 1st person, is more realistic then 3rd person (duh), so that'll work for me :smile:

If they release a demo, I'll try it out of my interest in the Civil War, and allow the graphics and gameplay convince me that I should play in 1st person, when I haven't liked 1st person for the last 15 years.

But I wouldn't buy the full game with just 1st person, without first trying a demo.

And if they offered 1st and 3rd view, I would buy the game without a demo.

I'm not a fanboy, so it's partly up to them, not just me as a consumer, as to whether I buy the game.

I can live without it, and maybe they can live without my money.

Back
Top Bottom