PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Brūnanburh (April 28th)

Users who are viewing this thread

The event is almost upon us, so I’d like to remind everybody of some basic stuff to make sure things run smoothly and everybody has fun.

The battle will begin on the Brūnanburh map, where a number of engagements will be fought until we have a winner. Pay attention to the in-game admin messages to know how the battle is going.

The losers will be routed across the Wirral peninsula and make a stand at Dingesmere, where several rounds will be fought. If they lose again, the battle is over.

However, should they prevail, they will push back their enemies all the way back to the Brūnanburh map for the decisive engagement. However, due to the fact that they rallied from the brink of defeat, losing a single round in this final engagement will mean they’re routed again, and this time for good.

Depending on several factors, there’s a small chance that the side that loses the battle will end up being besieged in a local fort (both armies had supporters in the Wirral peninsula). This wouldn’t have an effect on overall victory in the event, just on how beat up the losers are in the end.

Also, remember the rules:
  • Players must join the TeamSpeak server that has been assigned to their faction:
    Engla Fyrd: 212.227.249.185:9988
    Airṡlúag: 176.9.103.48
    They must also join their host’s channel.
  • Public players must play as basic infantry: gārberend for the Myrcena Fyrd (Engle) and ceithernach for the Llu Cumri and the Ceithern Cellaig (Goídil). The only exception is if their host leader assigns a special class to any of them.
  • Public players must use the right banner: the standard faction banner for the Myrcena Fyrd and the Llu Cumri, and this one (third one on the third page of the banner selection screen) for the Ceithern Cellaig:
    banners_gaelic_cross_zpsd82559bb.png
  • The normal rules of Hrafnabjóðr also apply.

Sadly I can´t join this again, getting unexpecter visitors tonight. Hopefully next time I will be able to finally join a event.

Ah well, too bad.

On the bright side, people who were too late to sign up now can see why we were saying chances were they'd still get to play!

Skot the Sanguine said:
What do we do regarding TS if we don't know which faction we might be on?  I really don't care one way or the other which side I am on.
Join one of the two, get on the public host channel, ask if that's where you should be and for the server password. If the teams are balanced you can stay whenever you are. Otherwise, you switch. Easy.

Hello, I'm Brenn Berahart, I was in the event, and I'm here to report that i lost conection to the sever and now i can't join back, this is not an normal issue here... so that's sad, want to play and figh the 2 battles now just can't.... : /

Leifr Eiríksson said:
TaleWorlds Master Key server seems to have gone tits up... I haven't been able to join at all.

It happens the same to me, can't join any server more, and I was in vikingr at the first and second battle, now I just can't join any sever in any mod.

I tryed somethings here and may have a fix, in my case i just scaned the local files with steam, but should word re install the game, and restart the modem, one of or both such go fix.

Once more the brothers of the Hæringar show their merit! Excellent event, chaps! More than made up for the troubles we had last time. It's also good to see history preserved!

Everyone did a damn fine job, especially Haringas! Good game to everyone, it was a very fun event. Many thanks to Hrótha, Moeck, Thorkell and all the others involved!

Not sure on the siege ending* but the event on the whole was really good & I'd like to extend the gratitude of the Hæringar to the organisers & everyone involved for a damned good time! Cheers!

Two problems with it; firstly the inclusion of the Norðmenn instead of Goidl caused confusion & a lot of people leapt at the chance to play as them (60+ vs 40+ & no effort to balance it out as there had been on the previous maps). Secondly, limited lives for attackers on a meat-grinder single-entrance map is not a good idea in my eyes. On that map in particular there is a single entrance which the defenders can block off whilst others with throwing weapons & ranged weapons rain down a fusilade on any attacker foolish enough to go in - a rather galling part of that map were the low parts of the walls you could easily jump over in places (RL I could clamber over them at that height without using my hands) but invisible walls prevented this.

But this is all by-the-by as the battles of the event were great

Victory! I propose a toast to our king and his brother in bringing a glorious trimuph to us!

Forth Engle! Forth Lundene!

I want to thank Leofwine for leading us well, Aklis for leading the public host and being a general laugh, and the rest of the allies and foes for a good fight.

nice event! thanks for letting me play as public leader. hope, no one was to disapointed about the outcome. anyway, thanks host for another great evening!

Even though we lost we had a great time. Thanks all for joining the fight. See you all soon around the field

Back
Top Bottom