Water Travel?

Users who are viewing this thread

For a while i was trying to make water travel that the lords and kings can go sailing too like in 1247 AD and a Clash of Kings mods with no success..i tried to make that while going through ford, bridge or other terrain type .. the party icon changes to ship icon..i know it is possible im just not talented enough to make that code..and i need to ask you how to add more terrain types(just what files i need to edit)..that would be very helpuful.. :grin:
Thanks in advance.. :grin:

GoldEagleMNE said:
For a while i was trying to make water travel that the lords and kings can go sailing too like in 1247 AD and a Clash of Kings mods with no success..i tried to make that while going through ford, bridge or other terrain type .. the party icon changes to ship icon..i know it is possible im just not talented enough to make that code..and i need to ask you how to add more terrain types(just what files i need to edit)..that would be very helpuful.. :grin:
Thanks in advance.. :grin:

Maybe something like this could help you  :cool:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136095.msg3275277.html#msg3275277

GoldEagleMNE said:
its just for the player..lords cant go boating..

Not true It's just for player  :!:
If you look into the code more carefully you'll see that the guy is adding "sea raiders ships" .
If you are skilled enough,you could make a party template,with just the lord and his army  :lol:

aoo..sprdas li se ti samnom? trebaju kraljevi da sami da idu..sea raiders su banda i to je prelako napraviti..i nemoj vise postovat nista..neki koji znaju odgovor ce misliti da je odgovoreno..:grin: i procitaj bolje topic..

Use the ford terrain (rt_water?). Players and lords can cross it, just don't abuse it or the game will start crashing IRC.

You can use Sea battles MKII kit from Ruthven to set sea battles when encounters are made in this terrain, you can also make a trigger to change the party icon when on this terrain (I wouldn't do it in mods with many parties as it would lag).

Seek n Destroy said:
Use the ford terrain (rt_water?). Players and lords can cross it, just don't abuse it or the game will start crashing IRC.

You can use Sea battles MKII kit from Ruthven to set sea battles when encounters are made in this terrain, you can also make a trigger to change the party icon when on this terrain (I wouldn't do it in mods with many parties as it would lag).
and whats the trigger to change icon while crossing the ford terrain..and how to add new terrain? :grin:

Make use of the party_get_current_terrain and party_set_icon operations. There is already a trigger that deals with the player icons (assign, "$g_player_icon_state", pis_ship), so make a try_for_party loop that deals with lords (or iterate through the lords, get their parties) if you don't intend to also have bandits and other non-hero parties traverse the fords.

Back
Top Bottom