Persistent World: Starwars??

For option 1 & 2: Should Bountyhunter have Jetpacks? Option 3,4 & 5: Should Jedi/Sith have force pow

• Yes to Jetpacks

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • No to Jetpacks

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Yes to Force Powers

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No to Force Powers

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Jedi/Sith should only have Force Jump (Be same stats as Jetpacks)

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Titho

Regular
Like most of you, I know PW is a great mod. I had a thought of a new PW based on starwars.
I am no modder, but like most i can learn, fortunately  I do know how to map & history of starwars (yes I am a starwars geek :wink: ) so ideas of creating armor, weapons or class names will be no problem. If anyone is interested PM me we'll discuss possibilities  to create a starwars PW
If I can get the Moderator team set up & permission from the Aurthur(s) from this modual. I would gladly create a Starwars PW.

p.s. this is a just a idea & might not go ahead due to permission reasons or lack of moderator team (So Don't Hate Me :razz: )

Thanks for reading & Good luck to all Modders & the aurthors of this fantastic modual :smile:

Star Wars RP would be quite a load to take on. However, if you are interested in a M&B Star Wars mod you may want to track Bear Force 2 an upcoming Star Wars mod:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,257974.0.html

So far we have a moderator, a mapper, and a server host (who is also helping with ideas/plans for the starwars PW). Thanks for the link aswell :smile:

This would be rather interesting; however, it would require a LOT of work seeing as you are not just dealing with horses and mining and farming.  There are so many things in Star Wars, I just send you this:

People will never be happy with the mod(most of them atleast) because you will have many of the "well why isnt dis in der!" etc etc.  I hope you put together an amazing mod, but just making sure you know in advance the kind of crowd you will be dealing with. 

Best of luck!  And please add it to the mods in progress list so that you can get commentators and critics along with healthy advertisement.

What setting would you use? If you were to set it on the movies the galactic civil war would possably be the best setting ( droids avoided :wink:) otherwise you could set it on a custom conflict or something

Added: which era are you going for lol?  If you decide to go and "catch them all" good luck because you will not only need that but also a staff of around 15ish if you want to get the mod ready and open for alpha by say maybe mid summer.

hirovard said:
Now all you need is a coder, a modeller and some stoned guy taking all the credit
Stone part taken :wink:, All 3 of us are modelling and coding, but we do need a more expert in modelling since we are all a bit new to it
. Time period we have chosen is The Dark Wars,
So the following factions that will be in the Mod are:
Republic
Sith
Mandalorians
Slaves (basically commoner class)
Hutts (Outlaws)

P.s.
Remember this is all ideas

Suggestions/ideas are very much welcome

Well, let's look at it this way:

most people here probably know more about how people in the Star Wars universe act,
than in medieval times.

evru1 in mideval was knite wit a sword an shinie armur, an dei liek be knites of kings an dey liek hunreble fiters, dey conquer de hole worl, and dey be liek uber OP, so dey got nerfed, bat stil, dey is aut fitin for fredum an protektin sivilan, am i rite seran?

Titho said:
hirovard said:
Now all you need is a coder, a modeller and some stoned guy taking all the credit
Stone part taken :wink:, All 3 of us are modelling and coding, but we do need a more expert in modelling since we are all a bit new to it
Republic
Sith
Mandalorians
Hutts (Outlaws)

P.s.

If this is for Single Player, then yes, factions work. But for MP, factions don't really matter, unless you consider gear/NPCs..? Also, Hutts can't be outlaws, unless you plan on making them playable. I would suggest naming them Criminals or Thugs or something of that sort. And finally, make lightsabers extremely expensive, considering that only Jedi/Sith can use them, and they are said to sell on the black market for a lot. I'm looking forward to it.

Armie_knock said:
evru1 in mideval was knite wit a sword an shinie armur, an dei liek be knites of kings an dey liek hunreble fiters, dey conquer de hole worl, and dey be liek uber OP, so dey got nerfed, bat stil, dey is aut fitin for fredum an protektin sivilan, am i rite seran?
Good one Armie :lol:

Skallagrim said:
Titho said:
hirovard said:
Republic
Sith
Mandalorians
Hutts (Outlaws)

P.s.

If this is for Single Player, then yes, factions work. But for MP, factions don't really matter, unless you consider gear/NPCs..? Also, Hutts can't be outlaws, unless you plan on making them playable. I would suggest naming them Criminals or Thugs or something of that sort. And finally, make lightsabers extremely expensive, considering that only Jedi/Sith can use them, and they are said to sell on the black market for a lot. I'm looking forward to it.

Like i said, its Ideas at the moment so don't worry :smile:.
Lightsabers, we are adding a ability called *force* for our force sensitive classes will only have this ability to stop a random trooper picking up a lightsaber and able to use it(we all know that a normal trooper couldn't become a jedi/Sith by holding a lightsaber ) rating from 1-4 (1=damaged/training lightsaber which can only padwans use, 4 = Legendarily Light sabers which a master/Lord can only use as a example)

Idea of power (lighting, force push, force jump) will be kept in mind.

Answer of single player is a no I am sorry to say, there is a great Mod out there that is single player (due to that it is  a mod for Mount&Blade) which i suggest all of you try if you want a fun campaign experience :smile:

Oh, I just figured that it might've been SP, considering that you've added factions. Not sure if you'll set the factions in stone, or make people be able to edit them or such. I would try to limit the amount of Jedi and Sith there are, otherwise they may be too OP compared to non-force sensitives. I would suggest the idea of making sabers two handed, or give them an offhand or "shield" that allows them to deflect projectiles. Also, I would suggest other melee weapons, like vibroblades and staves that non-force users can wield. Sounds good so far.

Back
Top Bottom