[S] Last Breath of Calradian Empire (ye Olde Thread)

¿How many Imperial factions do you like to see?

• Just one. Great Calradian Empire.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Two. Something like western and eastern roman empire.

Votes: 34 46.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually I prefer history mods, but this mod has focused my attention.
Go Mike, and give some news, when it's ready I will try with very pleasure.

Meanwhile, I want help you in some way.

See this idea for the factions:

Calradic Empire
Khergit tribes
Nord settlers
Sarranid Emirate

you see that I never naed Rhodoks and Vaegir. Why this? Because Vaegir was part of the Nords, like Vikings founded Rus', and Rhodoks was part of the Empire and rebelled forming the Republic, then at this time they can't exist. Maybe if you create 2 claimants that rebel and become GrandDuke of Vaegir and Elected king of Rhodoks, they can appear.

Ambrois LeGaillard said:
Usually I prefer history mods, but this mod has focused my attention.
Go Mike, and give some news, when it's ready I will try with very pleasure.

Thanks a lot, we'll do our best in order no not disapoint all you  :smile:

Ambrois LeGaillard said:
you see that I never naed Rhodoks and Vaegir. Why this? Because Vaegir was part of the Nords, like Vikings founded Rus', and Rhodoks was part of the Empire and rebelled forming the Republic, then at this time they can't exist. Maybe if you create 2 claimants that rebel and become GrandDuke of Vaegir and Elected king of Rhodoks, they can appear.

Hum, according to the dialogs with some companions in Native Warband, we know the Vaegirs were the eternal enemies of the Empire. And we have maken it like this. The factions are all defined right now, sorry for not explaining a lot but it's pretty difficult to me to write about this in english  :oops:

The thing we mostly need right now is ideas of names for lords, ladies and settlements. We have a few of each one of these things, but we still need a lot of lords and ladies names. Some examples of Calrad lord names we have:

Hight noble Astorse, Theldor, Moenry, Vaercyn, Ermond, Vergault, Gylbart and Goyfridd.
The emperor name's Kelredan.
The norse king name's Halfdan. We have all the norse lord's names yet, so we need calradic, vaegir, khergit and sarranids.

You all can be of great help with this :smile:

PD: New image.

Sin_ttulo.jpg

Cheers!!

Very interesting mod funny that it is like Bannerlord, but i know you got the idea before !!! Maybe you can turn it in a real late Roman Empire mod !!! With Aetius and Attila, Franks Goths Vandals it could be awesome !!!

Armaury said:
Very interesting mod funny that it is like Bannerlord, but i know you got the idea before !!! Maybe you can turn it in a real late Roman Empire mod !!! With Aetius and Attila, Franks Goths Vandals it could be awesome !!!

Haha, no man, it's pretty late to change the topic of the mod  :lol:

Nobody wants to suggest lords names?

PS: Main message of the topic updated.

And why should you change topic? I find it a very interesting one and never be done before, Bannerlord or anything is irrelevant.

As for faction names, I think that given the theme of the mod and the known factions, they should be:

-Calradian Empire: A mixture of Late Roman and Early Byzantine kind of names.
-Nord Ivaders should be German Marcomani or Alamani names, because Viking names are periodically wrong.
-Vaegir Principalities, ehm, that's a tough one, I would suggest a mixture or Sarmatian and Celtic names(don't ask me how that will be done :razz:)
-Southern rebels, Pict names or early spanish looking ones would be very cool, I think.
-Sarranid Sultanate, that's easy. A mixture of Moorish, Saracen and Egyptian names would be fine.
-Also an easy one would be Khergits, a mix of Hunnish, Mongolian and Chinese-ish names would be good.

Some names I would personally would like: Photius, Rodrigo of Jamiche, Jamal al-Din(beauty of the faith), Frederik Ros, Tamil the Red, Reta the Swift Fox, Yesugai and Freyda the Ice Princess(that's lame, I know).  All of them were my characters from Native or Floris, so they are from the Calradian world.

Antonis said:
What about Haringius(I always liked Haringoth)?

Well, in fact the idea is that the Calrad Empire has nothing related to the Roman Empire, so latin names for lords is not the thing we are looking for.

In fact, we decided the name of the Emperor long ago. He is called "Kelredan", like the castle.

Thanks for suggestions!

mike56 said:
Antonis said:
What about Haringius(I always liked Haringoth)?

Well, in fact the idea is that the Calrad Empire has nothing related to the Roman Empire, so latin names for lords is not the thing we are looking for.

In fact, we decided the name of the Emperor long ago. He is called "Kelredan", like the castle.

Thanks for suggestions!

What do you mean by nothing? I mean, not even their troops are going to have a inspiration of late roman soldiers or the late legions?

djogloc02 said:
What do you mean by nothing? I mean, not even their troops are going to have a inspiration of late roman soldiers or the late legions?

Well, yes, I've misspoke. You are right, the Calrad troops are a mix of late-roman legions, with some catafracts and norman-look troops.

Oh, right, thanks, I really like the roman way of fighting, especially the ones in Late era, when you have to deal with numerical superior enemies from almost all sides.

This sure has my attention! Looking forward to a release. But I must ask, what formations are you using? And those scenes look really impressive. I've never seen so many updates! :smile:

Michadr said:
This sure has my attention! Looking forward to a release. But I must ask, what formations are you using? And those scenes look really impressive. I've never seen so many updates! :smile:

Thanks a lot Michadr! The formations are not actually formations. It's just the pre-battle orders and deployment mod  :oops:

.:Lestat de Lioncourt:. said:
Holy crap this looks good. Hope you go with the two imperial factions even though it has less votes haha

No mate, the decision of making just one imperial faction was taken long ago :razz:

Thanks everybody for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom