AAR - Valerie the Queen |Chapter 3 Posted!|

Users who are viewing this thread

This AAR uses Floris Gameplay 2.54
I am not a professional AAR writer and I don't expect mine to be any good.
I will make an AAR of my mod when it is released. Link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,262795.0.html
I will not be doing awkward starting quest and such
Will be using cheats to become queen of my own nation (instant capture castle) and a substantial mixed troop count to make this a "different" AAR (money and armor too)

[size=24pt]
Chapter One: The quest for Queen-ship begins!

After we had entered the castle, we faced huge resistance. The enemy soldiers started mocking me but I made swift work of them with my trusty bow. It may not be the strongest but it was given to me by my father, the king of my old land. When my father had died in the battle for our town I was frightened. I knew not what to do other than take my mother and run. A grabbed my bow and a few soldiers and ran for Calradia. Now we have ended up in this land making a name for myself here as Queen. Most male lords and kings despise that people would allow a woman to be Queen. We had one the walls and advanced into the streets. We faced even more resistance but my infantry units were easily disposing of the enemies. There was one place left to go, the castle. I took a handful of elite troops and broke in, we face 4-5 troops that were easily annihilated. My companion and close friend Marnid came and told me: "The castle is ours my Queen! We have done it!"

hSz2zKq.jpg

It was clear, I had to bring back the legacy of my family and later invade distant lands (This happens in the next AAR with my mod). I had no intentions of bringing the old countries name with me so I named the new kingdom after my father; Yerling I had stored my things in my new room and slept for the night. It was early morning when I woke but only to arise to yelling on the streets of Reyavdin. Some townspeople were rebelling, I did not want this to happen, I wanted people to be happy and secure under my rule. I had to send troops down to control the riot. The commotion was calmed in a matter of minutes but this happened again later in the afternoon. I knew I had to ride out and gather the support of some lords to further strengthen my rule and this is what I will do next day. I have appointed a chancellor and other members for my council which will help further develop easy rule. I have more that 150 recruits up for training to garrison my town. I had sent my noble friend Rolf to spread the word of my Queen-ship to all people in Calradia to higher my right to be the Queen of this land.

It was the next day and I was tired of waiting. I went out to find some vaegir lords and try to persuade them to become vassals of my own. Sadly it seems that none of them trusted what I would say and probably thought, me being a woman would try to lure them into a trap. This seems to be a slow and painful start to my quest.

This is definitely an interesting point in the game to start an AAR. The story has potential and I'll be keeping an eye on it :smile:

P.S. If you want, I can give you some advice on editing screenshots :smile:

Good way to start AAR, i felt sorry i didn't do that way :razz:
Well, for now i like it.  :smile:
but you need to resize your screenshots, use tinypic or so xD

P.S. just don't quit writing, finish your story at any cost :wink:

Thane_of_Dhirim said:
Good way to start AAR, i felt sorry i didn't do that way :razz:
Well, for now i like it.  :smile:
but you need to resize your screenshots, use tinypic or so xD

P.S. just don't quit writing, finish your story at any cost :wink:
Ah thanks for telling me about tinypic, I wanted to make the pic smaller.

Chapter Two: Capturing Another Castle

It has been a few days since I landed in Calradia and it seems as without any support I would have to capture more castles. This was a daunting task. I rode out to scout all of the Vaeger towns and castles to see which place had the least troops making it the easiest to capture. After several hours of scouting, I had my eyes set on Raghodir castle.
b718ih.jpg

The seige had begun. While my siege was happening, Reyavdin was besieged! I had to cancel my current siege and protect my town. I chased away the man who was besieging my town and returned to my business. But before long, a whole Vaegir army was riding towards my town!
2rpy8hx.jpg

I had to go and protect it, so I waited. I knew if I lost this, I would have to start from scratch. I was outnumbered 510 to 192. I hopefully can make it through and win this battle.
9zrnmv.jpg

After the first part of the battle, many of the enemy lords left, which threw this battle in my favor. We were almost evenly matched; 183 vs 198. It was a tough battle, but my troops were inspired by the speech Rolf gave them before the battle. The went in there and guarded the walls with their lives. Few souls were lost there but we will remember them forever.
27y5rns.jpg

I started scouting around for some lords when I received word that Ayyike was raided by a Vaeger lord. I rushed over and caught the culprit. The battle was relatively easy but we still lost a few men. With that battle my day ends and I go to rest at Reyavdin.
dxbuhw.jpg

Nice, but why you don't wait for more events, and then write all of it.
This is indeed very short and interesting to read, but you need something to occupy your readers for longer time..
Write this more like a story, less like a report, add some screenshots in text, write with more details.. If you know what i'm thinking.

Don't take this like a complaint, take this more like a friendly advise. I just want to read your story, it's very interesting - but you will need to work on that.

Continue  :smile:

Thane_of_Dhirim said:
Nice, but why you don't wait for more events, and then write all of it.
This is indeed very short and interesting to read, but you need something to occupy your readers for longer time..
Write this more like a story, less like a report, add some screenshots in text, write with more details.. If you know what i'm thinking.

Don't take this like a complaint, take this more like a friendly advise. I just want to read your story, it's very interesting - but you will need to work on that.

Continue  :smile:
So more text and more screenshots? So I should play for a while each chapter?

Back
Top Bottom