The Clothes Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Cutpurse3

Knight at Arms
Old Guard
Feel like showing off your new/favourite clothes?
Want advice on wether to buy a pair of jeans or cargos?
Unsure of which colour jacket to buy and you want advice?
Maybe you want to start a debate about styles of dressing?

Post it all here, I'll start:

Unsure which colour bag to get (keep in mind I want to stitch on some band patches once I get hold of those as well)
9e90d4b9b59518666699c3c78fa505bd.jpg
14577b0de8990c902a6e0068317b24b8.jpg
(34cm wide and 26cm high)
I think the black one will go better with my longcoat, boots and cargos (all black) but somehow I feel that I need to get the olive one more.
Also, the olive one would go well with forest camo cargos if I ever get my hands on those.

Don't see your point about band patches, but that's your opinion. And about what I'd wear, I did. Black longcoat, black cargos (possibly jeans or black corduoy pants) and black leather steel-toed boots

"Are you debating with yourself what to wear? Are you spending lots of times pondering about dressing choices and not getting around to it? We have the solution: Nudity!
Safe to practice within the borders of your own home."

Or are you a greasy long haired adolescent who listens to metal just cos its cool?
No offence meant, its just what I usually think when I hear/read black longcoat.

pentagathus said:
Or are you a greasy long haired adolescent who listens to metal just cos its cool?
No offence meant, its just what I usually think when I hear/read black longcoat.

Or this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ltORkYAdVk

Cutpurse3 said:
Unsure which colour bag to get (keep in mind I want to stitch on some band patches once I get hold of those as well)
Please don't. These bags look nice though, 'specially the blue one. 

Given the theft of my last suit (which happened quite a while ago) and the fact that necessity for a suit hadn't appeared until now, I'm in a situation where I have to buy - I'm not fond of renting clothing and won't grow more, anyway - myself a suit. This by itself isn't much of a problem, but I've put myself in a position where I now face a dilemma: should I buy a three piece or a simpler, two piece, suit?
Now, I'm aware that some persons can use the former with no problem and also am quite aware that I can leave the waistcoat at home and have the three piece then converted into an equally good two piece suit.
The actual question, in fact, is whether it's acceptable that someone my age would wear a three piece or whether I'd join - or, just as bad, stay just one notch above - the fedora wearing, greasy neckbeard crowd in dressing so.

Opinions?

Three piece. It actually gets better once you'll get some higher number of suits, because you will be given the option to switch waistcoats between them. Moreover, it holds the tie, provide some additional warmth and...looks good. There is just no reason to buy two piece suit. Apart from the price, that is. And it doesnt look too flashy as long as you won't start wearing pocket watches in it...

Depends on the occasion, I guess. Wearing a three piece suit daily at the age of 18 would come across as "overprivileged spoiled brat". To me that is. It should be for someone who can financially sustain his own existence and has his own place. But if you already meet that criteria at that age, then by all means, go ahead.

Cutpurse3 said:
Don't see your point about band patches, but that's your opinion. And about what I'd wear, I did. Black longcoat, black cargos (possibly jeans or black corduoy pants) and black leather steel-toed boots

omg u can't even into gothninja

l2uniqlo

kurczak said:
Depends on the occasion, I guess. Wearing a three piece suit daily at the age of 18 would come across as "overprivileged spoiled brat". To me that is. It should be for someone who can financially sustain his own existence and has his own place. But if you already meet that criteria at that age, then by all means, go ahead.
It's very seldom that I wear suits. Hell, I'll never have to wear suits daily.  :razz:
Well, I'm probably going out tomorrow to look for one that suits me. Anyway, if I think the waistcoat wouldn't go well with the circumstance, I can leave it home no problem, correct? My only worry is that I might look like a tryhard wearing a three piece.

Back
Top Bottom