Darwin Day

Users who are viewing this thread

I know he's a decent chap and a good language mod but it seems a bit much to give him a day in his honour. :razz:

AWdeV said:
I know he's a decent chap and a good language mod but it seems a bit much to give him a day in his honour. :razz:

*****, if the Murrcans can have Columbus Day, then by golly can we have Darwin Day!

Speaking of which

l5adagM.jpg

Where is Mendel day? Where is the day for Watson, Crick and Avery?

Whilst Darwin was proven correct, many of the points of Evolution were not cemented until the actual discovery of DNA, genes and the inheritance there of.

A day for one man, whilst brilliant, is superfluous.

You guys really piss me off sometimes.

Bluehawk said:
Celebrating another man's birthday is practically religious ritual. No thanks. I don't even celebrate my own birthday.
Kobrag said:
Where is Mendel day? Where is the day for Watson, Crick and Avery?

Whilst Darwin was proven correct, many of the points of Evolution were not cemented until the actual discovery of DNA, genes and the inheritance there of.

A day for one man, whilst brilliant, is superfluous.

It's not about Darwin. Did you even read the ****ing OP?

Magorian Aximand said:

You aren't celebrating the man. You're celebrating what he represents. There is no Mendel day, Kepler day, Graham Bell day, Laplace day or George Foreman day because we celebrate their accomplishments along with Darwin's. Why did we choose Darwin? He's one of the most well-known. People can relate to him, so more people will understand the meaning behind the celebration. Apparently, most people are still too thick to get that.

****ing hell.

I have no problem with it, in practice.
Though they could have named it better, Universal Celebration of Science(day) maybe?, to make it sound less like the psuedo cult Religious literalists acuse us of being.

That name is horrible.

Besides, you can't change those kinds of people's opinions. Even if you named it "Science Day, **** Yeah!", they'll find out that it's on Darwin's birthday and call it out anyway.

Back
Top Bottom