MP Fantasy [WB] Solgaard Roleplay

Users who are viewing this thread

Knüppel said:
Just wow. Will you also have like fixable/movable siege ladders or bridges ready on the map? (so that people can play sieges with less then three weeks ooc preparations)?
I really don't like to admit this, but mentioning assault artillery makes me want to try it out right now :razz:
Mainly excited for what you will be able to damage with it (Obviously other people, but with the right calibration and ammunition a Ballista could also be used to bring down pretty much any wooden structure)
Siege Engines and the like is not very high on our priority list at the moment, so I don't know much about it (yet).
But the basic idea is that the Siege Engines are used against Pirates (to protect the harbor), but they may also get other uses.
Someone will get back to you on this, once we know a bit more. :smile:

Could you possibly compare/contrast this mod with Persistent World?  I can't help but think of PW4 when I look at your features list.

MaHud, you are getting so cool at announcing cool mods, but everywhere I go you have nothing released!

I must admit, I didn't write the announcement post myself, it was written by our PR manager.
As for me not releasing any mods, I have released a Native Zombie mod (though not ported to current version) before and my NW zombie mod has one gamemode done, but I am still tinkering on other gamemodes and haven't publicly released it yet nor will I until I have models which I sadly can't make myself.

The two mods that have been publicy announced and never had a release would be conquistadores and Survival of the Fittest, both who I was working on with Rudovich and we both decided we lacked the time to do it all with just us two.

@ Dan1212
The current idea is that there will be some bots, like merchants. But generally speaking the usage of bots will be quite low.
The exact number and type of bots is not clear yet.

When it comes to PW, we are native compatible which can be seen as both good and bad, but besides that we want to emphasis on the roleplay aspect. Our aim is to reward those who roleplay and thereby actively promote roleplay. But there is space for all, there is places where those that like to kill, can kill, but there are also places that it will be hard to and you would need to roleplay it very well to pull it off right.

You can expect a more detailed post later during the day, in the meantime feel free to keep asking questions!

Aelwrath said:
Could you possibly compare/contrast this mod with Persistent World?  I can't help but think of PW4 when I look at your features list.
For the player, the main difference is that you do not drop all your items on ko, and spawn where you was ko'd/where you logged out.
So you actually have long term motivation to keep your stuff together, and value your life.

To clarify, this mod looks like it has awesome potential, and I look forward to it's release.  At the same time I feel a need to point out some features that are also in PW. 

Naval Battles, working ships that can be purchased.
Storage carts which are pullable by horses and people.
Economic-system which provides a balanced roleplay for all the players. (Not really sure what this one means)
Working jobs such as miners, lumberjacks, blacksmiths, merchants, farmers, ect where you can actually gather the materials and create the items ingame to make money instead of just roleplaying the job.
Possibility to sleep in the bed rather than just standing on the bed pretending that you are sleeping. (Personally the sleeping animation is the last thing I'm concerned about)
Chests which are able to store items.

Could you go into more detail as to how these features will distinguish themselves from the respective features in PW?

Also, this one kind of concerns me:

Deathmatch - No battlegroup or anything similar. If you get ambushed you are sure to be unaware of it.

I think most of you have probably seen what goes on in under-moderated PW4 servers.  Personally I don't think random arrows flying everyone is fun, and it certainly doesn't benefit a roleplaying atmosphere.  Especially if this is hosted on Native servers I can imagine intense griefing going on.  Are you guys working on a ruleset, or are you leaving that for server owners to come up with?

Knüppel said:
Aelwrath said:
For the player, the main difference is that you do not drop all your items on ko, and spawn where you was ko'd/where you logged out.
So you actually have long term motivation to keep your stuff together, and value your life.

It seems to me that keeping items on death means you would value your life much less.  How would persistent equipment cause you to "keep your stuff together"?

MaHuD said:
[*] Deathmatch - No battlegroup or anything similar. If you get ambushed you are sure to be unaware of it.

Hmm I have been wondering a little about that.

How will you keep the randomers at bay? Because without a combat group system they will have freedom to randomly kill whenever they want, or have you made a system to encounter such problems without a CG system?
And I think it would be stress for admins to deal with Randomers alot each day without a system to prevent it.

Theretor said:
MaHuD said:
[*] Deathmatch - No battlegroup or anything similar. If you get ambushed you are sure to be unaware of it.

Hmm I have been wondering a little about that.

How will you keep the randomers at bay? Because without a combat group system they will have freedom to randomly kill whenever they want, or have you made a system to encounter such problems without a CG system?
And I think it would be stress for admins to deal with Randomers alot each day without a system to prevent it.

When you start, you do not start with a great sword. You start as a peasant and after that you choose a job and get supplied with tools. It will take time to get up in to a position where you can randomly run around and kill people. Also. A pitchfork doesn't do much damage. We have a lot of ways to prevent randomers.

The_Phoenix said:
When you start, you do not start with a great sword. You start as a peasant and after that you choose a job and get supplied with tools. It will take time to get up in to a position where you can randomly run around and kill people. Also. A pitchfork doesn't do much damage. We have a lot of ways to prevent randomers.

Let's pretend I'm the one just starting out with the pitchfork, and I encounter a griefer with a greatsword?  What are a few examples of protection against this kind of griefing?

edit: I just noticed on the first page that someone mentioned that moderators will be used to protect against trolls.

Knüppel said:
Aelwrath said:

So I get this right: you keep all your stuff when you log out?

That's great. That's what kept me from playing PW mod so far.

MaHuD said:
Hm, they seem to work for everyone else I talked to. Did you try to refresh your page and wait a while until they all loaded?

AdBlock ^^

Back
Top Bottom